Nightjar Singularity
Oct 13, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #91 of 217
Singularity is basically exactly what you initially describe. Warmer and more forgiving in the mids and treble, but still very contrasty and textured.

I’m not positive it will scratch the same itch as U6t, as their presentations are quite different, but if I had to choose between the two I’d choose Singularity as U6t’s treble is rather problematic for me.
Thanks for the response! I currently own the u6t and that I will not sell so its more a battle between the legend x and the singularity (if I should sell the legend x to get it) I love smooth and natural sounding iems, the legend X unfortunately sounds a bit too unnatural to me especially in male vocal centric songs to be a permanent spot in my collection. Any experience with this one?

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #92 of 217
the legend X unfortunately sounds a bit too unnatural to me especially in male vocal centric songs to be a permanent spot in my collection. Any experience with this one?
I used to have the Legend X SE, currently have Legend EVO. My Singularity is incoming, so we'll see how they fare against each other in 2-3 weeks time.

Back to your question, in my LXSE/EVO tip rolling is a must do for optimal experience.

Cable rolling not so much (i did roll but that because i dislike EVO stock cable ergonomics)

You can elaborate what is unnatural of LX to your ears in EE thread to not derail this Singularity thread :)

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #93 of 217
Thanks for the response! I currently own the u6t and that I will not sell so its more a battle between the legend x and the singularity (if I should sell the legend x to get it) I love smooth and natural sounding iems, the legend X unfortunately sounds a bit too unnatural to me especially in male vocal centric songs to be a permanent spot in my collection. Any experience with this one?
I think we hear things the same way, yeah. That being said I've not heard Legend X, but the Empire Ears' IEMs I've tried are too bright for me on all vocals (as well as drums/cymbals) and I don't think Legend X would be all that different.

Honestly that's probably my favorite thing about Singularity; has the massive bass and well-balanced mids but none of the treble pain that accompanies a huge portion of the high-end IEM market. Think you'll dig it.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 15, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #94 of 217
I had my Singularity (out of the first batch) sleeping in the drawer for many weeks now and was set to part with them after the first listening session. Placed them in the shop window on the classifieds section and did therefore not touch them afterwards.

Yesterday I received a new custom cable from Gladiator cables and out of an unexplainable impulse thought I should try that with the not yet sold Singularity.

You guess what happened. I liked what I heard. That much that I seriously doubt I will sell them now.

The change from the stock 2-wire Vanguard to the Gladiator 8w Palladio tamed the otherwise - imo - bloated bass. The cable also helped to bring the mids a bit forward and changes the Singularities timbre and tonality to a more balanced and coherent level. Still quite bass heavy they do not cross my personal borderline anymore and now seem as an attractive and somewhat unique alternative / flavour in my gear park at least for certain genres. A bit of an antithesis to my Butastur.

Taken by surprise I also tried my EA Fusion 1 some fellow head-fier liked a lot with his Singularity but the result was not up to the Gladiator for my taste. So the Fusion will remain on my Butastur...

Anyways - instead of helping to free funds for things to come my Singularity finally may have found a new home at mine...

Oct 19, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #95 of 217
I’m loving my Singularity. I’ve been looking for an IEM that’s unabashedly fun after being really disappointed by my Campfire Trifecta. I think the Singularity gets closest to my original goal of finding something like my old ASG2.5, with the added benefit of not having harsh treble and weirdly very capable midrange. I primarily use it with a Qudelix 5k for out-and-about use, but it sounds even better out of my iBasso DX220 Max and even more fun out of my living room speaker amp: an Esoteric A100.
C6ED9DDF-9739-416D-BBAC-1A2BCDD5DC09.jpeg

Oct 19, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #96 of 217
I’m loving my Singularity. I’ve been looking for an IEM that’s unabashedly fun after being really disappointed by my Campfire Trifecta. I think the Singularity gets closest to my original goal of finding something like my old ASG2.5, with the added benefit of not having harsh treble and weirdly very capable midrange. I primarily use it with a Qudelix 5k for out-and-about use, but it sounds even better out of my iBasso DX220 Max and even more fun out of my living room speaker amp: an Esoteric A100.
C6ED9DDF-9739-416D-BBAC-1A2BCDD5DC09.jpeg
Did you sell the Trifecta?

Oct 19, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #97 of 217
Did you sell the Trifecta?
Yeah, I gave it a good month to try to get used to it but every time I used it I couldn’t shake the feeling that it sounded like a ~$300 IEM that had an extra 0 tacked on. It came straight from a warranty replacement from Campfire (broken MMCX connector but they just replaced my original unit with new units) so it was definitely up to spec too.

Oct 20, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #98 of 217
Singularity-SM-4 (1).jpg

Thank you to everyone who came by our booth at SoCal! It was great meeting all of you.

We are opening pre-orders for the next batch of launch edition Singularities. Orders will ship between 21st October to 7th December. Stock is extremely limited. If you don't manage to get one do drop us an email and we can direct you to our retailers who still have some allocation left or get you on the reservation list for the first batch of regular edition.
@Chang , Any updates on shipping this next batch of orders out?

Oct 25, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #99 of 217
@Chang the nightjar Midnight cable is nowhere to be found. Where can I order one?

Oct 28, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #100 of 217
@Chang , Any updates on shipping this next batch of orders out?
Orders are being shipped in order of queue, there were a few orders placed before public pre-orders opened as we offered priority to those who has inquired from previous batches. We will ship before 7th December as stated on the pre-order page. Do email us with your name and order details for a more detailed estimate of shipping date for your unit.

@Chang the nightjar Midnight cable is nowhere to be found. Where can I order one?
The Midnight cable has been discontinued, we are currently preparing the launch of our new line of cables. Do email us if you are interested. Thanks!

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Oct 30, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #101 of 217
Orders are being shipped in order of queue, there were a few orders placed before public pre-orders opened as we offered priority to those who has inquired from previous batches. We will ship before 7th December as stated on the pre-order page. Do email us with your name and order details for a more detailed estimate of shipping date for your unit.

The Midnight cable has been discontinued, we are currently preparing the launch of our new line of cables. Do email us if you are interested. Thanks!
Lol! You shouldn't have said that! I was patiently waiting, and making myself not ask and be a pest, but now that the invitation is out there, email sent! :)

Edit: Chang was nice enough to respond and they're ready to ship later this week, great news!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #103 of 217
Just got a singularity! What tips do you guys recommend? Right now using cp145 since the stock tips don’t stay in my ears well
For my ears, singularity form factor is "short", thus "tall" eartips help me to insert deeper and get proper seal

Right now i use Pentaconn Coreir Brass since that's the tallest wide bore tips i have

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #104 of 217
Just got a singularity! What tips do you guys recommend? Right now using cp145 since the stock tips don’t stay in my ears well
My personal favorite is the Coreir Brass but it changes the tonality ever slightly to accentuated resolution and details while reducing some midbass thickness.

Personally I find it's a very synergistic pairing if using the default Vanguard cable :)

With silver cables, I actually disliked the Coreir relative to the default offerings

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 10, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #105 of 217
My personal favorite is the Coreir Brass but it changes the tonality ever slightly to accentuated resolution and details while reducing some midbass thickness.

Personally I find it's a very synergistic pairing if using the default Vanguard cable :)

With silver cables, I actually disliked the Coreir relative to the default offerings
I’m curious on what size works for you? On the singularity I seem to fit a medium to medium-large tip. What’s the sizing on these like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back