Nightjar Singularity
Sep 22, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #61 of 217
Price will remain the same. The launch edition specials were bonuses for early adopters!

Elise Audio will be receiving more units, but stocks are extremely limited for ourselves and both our retails. We are trying to be as fair as possible with the distribution, but if you would like to secure a unit with Elise Audio do get in touch with them!
Hello.

I am in the US (Chicago) and would like to purchase a Nightjar Singularity set. When do you expect to open up new orders on the website?

Thank you.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #62 of 217
Is Singularity good with bands like Tool, Dream Theatre, Metallica, Rush, or it becomes too much enveloped with bass? Also on the other hand with modern pop.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #63 of 217
Is Singularity good with bands like Tool, Dream Theatre, Metallica, Rush, or it becomes too much enveloped with bass? Also on the other hand with modern pop.
Yeah, I listened to several of those last night with Singularity, all sounded amazing.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #64 of 217
Yeah, I listened to several of those last night with Singularity, all sounded amazing.
Do you prefer any other IEM for these genres more than Singularity?

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #65 of 217
Add an external amp to RS6 and the Singularity goes to another level.
Yes it was the plan.Now executed with a THX 887 using the balanced line out of the RS6.
And yes they sound even more tight and controlled now.
Really solid IEM , first time I'm thinking about letting my other IEMs go

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #66 of 217
Looks like I will be joining the club here. Been eyeing these since I started reading some impressions of them and it certainly sounds like they will be up my alley. Was also interested in some of the impressions I had started to hear of the duality, but its going to be out of my price (comfort) range.

Either way, hope to have them somewhat soon and hoping the fit cooperates with my difficult ears. And then it will be time to start trimming down my collection.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #67 of 217
Do you prefer any other IEM for these genres more than Singularity?
Yes, I do love the Fir Xe6 more, but it's 3x the price. In this price range, the only thing I found to be competitive was the Custom Art Fibae 5 which costs maybe just a little less. Of course, YMMV, and I haven't heard everything, that's for sure!

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #68 of 217
I had the Fibae 5 on loan , to my ears Singularity are better. Clearer and more vivid.
I was expecting a lot from these F5 but I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Warm signature with nothing outstanding to my ears.
I thought Fibae 7u were much better than the Fibae 5 but of course not the same sound signature.

Sep 30, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #69 of 217
I had the Fibae 5 on loan , to my ears Singularity are better. Clearer and more vivid.
I was expecting a lot from these F5 but I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Warm signature with nothing outstanding to my ears.
I thought Fibae 7u were much better than the Fibae 5 but of course not the same sound signature.
I love CA F5, but it's my CIEM, and this is apples to oranges. Singularity is singular with the coherence of a great DD where F5 is loaded with different drivers producing a totally different presentation. I have, and love, both.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #70 of 217
I've been hankering for a flagship-level DD for some time. Had the Dunu Luna, which was resolving and lightning fast, but the lack of sub-bass extension and cold tuning didn't hit the spot. Missed the boat on a used FW10000 too. Was waiting on Acoustune's new flagship HS2000MX but I actually preferred their middle-of-the-range HS1650CU after comparing. Didn't get to hear the stuff from Final and Softears.

Suddenly heard a LOT of buzz about Singularity this year and finally caved in after reading so much about it in the Watercooler thread, and also getting old pal @Deezel177 's blessing. Bought the last (I was told) launch edition available from Zeppelin Singapore, and I finally received them today.

Was supposed to have a quick listen to a coupla songs during lunch break, but wouldn't you know it I was already halfway into Fleetwood Mac's Rumors and was late for work. Long story short, Singularity sucked me in. The tonal richness, the high-level of detail, the imaging accuracy, and especially the timbre! It sounded all too real, all too good, a magnificent feat for such a young company. As I age, I care less and less about technicals, speed, transients and whatchamacallit micro-details, and more about connecting emotionally to the music, and Singularity has it in spades. And this is before burn-in, tip-rolling, cable-rolling... just good ol' plug and play.

Haven't been excited about a new purchase for some time. Well done Nightjar.

Singularity.jpg

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #71 of 217
I love CA F5, but it's my CIEM, and this is apples to oranges. Singularity is singular with the coherence of a great DD where F5 is loaded with different drivers producing a totally different presentation. I have, and love, both.

How would you compare them? I have the F5 and while I like it quite a bit, I find the bass on it is a bit underwhelming for my preferences. Not that its bad, but just that even though its DD bass, it lacks some of that physicality, that punch, that I look for. I want a sense of being able to feel it (as much as possible with an IEM) instead of just hear it. I also find the treble at times is a bit sharp. Never really sibilant, but just very hard edged and pronounced. I tend to like smoother treble, so long as it still has decent extension. How does the singularity fare in comparison in those two areas? I realize they are very different beasts.

And even though I have the universal F5, its one of the most comfortable IEMs I own, worried a bit about the singularity.

I've been hankering for a flagship-level DD for some time. Had the Dunu Luna, which was resolving and lightning fast, but the lack of sub-bass extension and cold tuning didn't hit the spot. Missed the boat on a used FW10000 too. Was waiting on Acoustune's new flagship HS2000MX but I actually preferred their middle-of-the-range HS1650CU after comparing. Didn't get to hear the stuff from Final and Softears.

Suddenly heard a LOT of buzz about Singularity this year and finally caved in after reading so much about it in the Watercooler thread, and also getting old pal @Deezel177 's blessing. Bought the last (I was told) launch edition available from Zeppelin Singapore, and I finally received them today.

Was supposed to have a quick listen to a coupla songs during lunch break, but wouldn't you know it I was already halfway into Fleetwood Mac's Rumors and was late for work. Long story short, Singularity sucked me in. The tonal richness, the high-level of detail, the imaging accuracy, and especially the timbre! It sounded all too real, all too good, a magnificent feat for such a young company. As I age, I care less and less about technicals, speed, transients and whatchamacallit micro-details, and more about connecting emotionally to the music, and Singularity has it in spades. And this is before burn-in, tip-rolling, cable-rolling... just good ol' plug and play.

Haven't been excited about a new purchase for some time. Well done Nightjar.

Singularity.jpg

Thanks for the impressions! It isnt helping the potentially 1-3 month wait I likely have ahead of me before mine arrive. I find that I too am not super interested in technicalities, as long as any IEMs are not severely lacking. I want something warm and engaging. Something I can lose myself in and not worry if I am getting every last tiny little bit of detail from my music.

Oct 2, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #72 of 217
How would you compare them? I have the F5 and while I like it quite a bit, I find the bass on it is a bit underwhelming for my preferences. Not that its bad, but just that even though its DD bass, it lacks some of that physicality, that punch, that I look for. I want a sense of being able to feel it (as much as possible with an IEM) instead of just hear it. I also find the treble at times is a bit sharp. Never really sibilant, but just very hard edged and pronounced. I tend to like smoother treble, so long as it still has decent extension. How does the singularity fare in comparison in those two areas? I realize they are very different beasts.

And even though I have the universal F5, its one of the most comfortable IEMs I own, worried a bit about the singularity.

Thanks for the impressions! It isnt helping the potentially 1-3 month wait I likely have ahead of me before mine arrive. I find that I too am not super interested in technicalities, as long as any IEMs are not severely lacking. I want something warm and engaging. Something I can lose myself in and not worry if I am getting every last tiny little bit of detail from my music.
I think the bass response of Singularity is more prominent than that of F5. Singularity's bass is more physically present.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #73 of 217
Number 67 checking in! Burn-in time now with the Brise Tsuranagi. What seems to be the consensus about the best tips to use with the Singularity?

Oct 3, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #74 of 217
Number 67 checking in! Burn-in time now with the Brise Tsuranagi. What seems to be the consensus about the best tips to use with the Singularity?
To my surprise the Symbio F foam work very well for me (they do not kill the bass on this iem, which I find is often the case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back