Nightjar Singularity
Sep 5, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #49 of 217
How does it compare to the Symphonium Meteor, another set that Nightjar’s been involved in
The Singularity to me is a fantastic set whereas Meteor is the first set I really didn't appreciate much (I own Helios/ Singularity; heard Storm, Doublearity proto and pentabrid and enjoyed these all).

I found the bass on Meteor to lack a bit of texturing and impact, and midrange is unrefined, especially compared to the Singularity.

Of course, we're comparing two different price points, but personally I'd save up and get Singularity if given the choice, no matter the music no matter the gear pairing.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 5, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #51 of 217
Thanks, very useful. Have you heard the Crimson?
I haven't. I'm sure it's great.

Seems to be a more exciting and musical Helios with fuller bass.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 9, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #53 of 217
I've been using the Coreir brass tips on my Singularity for the last week and I'm really liking the pairing. Finally found an iem whose fit is not compromised by this tip and the effect of the brass hollow seems to bring a crispiness to the notes making them hit harder with more authority. I think this works!
20230820_160109.jpg
Started using Coreir tips yesterday. Sounds best so far and now is better able to stay in my ears.

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #54 of 217
Started using Coreir tips yesterday. Sounds best so far and now is better able to stay in my ears.
Would you say that size wise they are the same as others? If I usually wear L for pretty much all manufacturers, is that what I should order for Coreir? I’m tempted to order ML just to try and see if it’s an even better fit.

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #55 of 217
Would you say that size wise they are the same as others? If I usually wear L for pretty much all manufacturers, is that what I should order for Coreir? I’m tempted to order ML just to try and see if it’s an even better fit.
I am using Large, but like you, I also want to try ML.. a search reveals that there is no such size for them. I ordered a set of M to see if they fit better.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #56 of 217
I am using Large, but like you, I also want to try ML.. a search reveals that there is no such size for them. I ordered a set of M to see if they fit better.
I am usually ML-L, so I bought M and L. But the M doesn't seal for me.

Agreed that this is one iem that is perfect for these tips, and I haven't removed them since putting them on.

Sep 14, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #57 of 217
Hi im really interested in the Singularity as i started to feel more love towards single DD sets recently.
My main drivers are u12t and the Monarch Mk2 but im coming back to my old Xelentos because there is something special about single DDs.
The Xelentos arent as well tuned and technical as my other sets so i keep my eyes on the Singularity.
How would you compare the Singularity to the u12t? Is it good enough to sell the u12t?

Sep 14, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #58 of 217
I had u12t in the past. I didn't keep them long struggling with fit .
Also I found nothing special to these IEMs maybe because of the fit (what a strange nozzle). Quite boring actually.

These singularity have nothing to do with U12t: bassy, bold, muscular sounding, engaging . This is how I'd describe these Nightjar (with Hiby Rs6)

I see some people like myself will much prefer the Singularity. Some others will much prefer the U12t

so if you love your U12t , not sure I'd replace them with Singularity. If you seek for sthing different then yes but good luck to find 1 set for the moment.

Sep 14, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #59 of 217
Also I found nothing special to these IEMs maybe because of the fit (what a strange nozzle). Quite boring actually.

These singularity have nothing to do with U12t: bassy, bold, muscular sounding, engaging . This is how I'd describe these Nightjar (with Hiby Rs6)

I see some people like myself will much prefer the Singularity. Some others will much prefer the U12t

so if you love your U12t , not sure I'd replace them with Singularity. If you seek for sthing different then yes but good luck to find 1 set for the moment.
Add an external amp to RS6 and the Singularity goes to another level.

Sep 14, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #60 of 217

Thanx!
There is one Singularity posted on classifieds and i have an eventual buyer for my u12t.
I agree, the u12t are kinda boring but for me in a good way. They are sometimes bit too analytical for me thats the reason im thinking of swapping to a more engaging but well tuned single DD and the Singularity seem to meet these criteria.
Im using AK sp1k but without the amp and i think it has similar output power as the Hiby r6 pro ii.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Acts
Back