Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
Jan 8, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #617 of 1,510

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Really expensive and rare NOS in my Little Dot III.

basshead.gif

Well, somehow this all fits.  Although I would think it is a one-time use only.

and the neighbors don't complain about me playing my music too loud anymore ... aren't tubes wonderful !

It's a Strangelove.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #618 of 1,510
Cools pics kchew and leesure.

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #619 of 1,510

Sophia mesh plate PX4 and Tung-Sol 6F8G in my Balancing Act. I cooked dinner for a friend and he thanked me by taking photos of my rig 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #620 of 1,510
Cool tubes XXII.

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #621 of 1,510
My contribution:

WooAudio GES:

4 electro harmonix 12ax7 in the front and 4 sylvania 6s4a in the back.

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #623 of 1,510

Quote:
I'm amazed by the level of photography on this forum.  I guess since most of the people on here are OCD about electronics, it makes sense.

Some of the people on this forum are actually professional photographers. 

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #624 of 1,510
Combining audio and hifi... two very dangerously expensive hobbies. There's a reason why I haven't upgraded my camera from the dinky little point 'n shoot... I can only afford to be OCD over one hobby at a time
ph34r.gif

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #627 of 1,510
^ Oooooooooooooooooo. Nice nice nice. Three's company!

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #628 of 1,510
XXII - did you cook dinner on those tubes instead of the stove?   :wink:

Wonderful shots!

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #630 of 1,510

<--- longtime lurker, newbie poster.  Some gorgeous pics in this thread, and a fair dose of lol as well.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
SoulSyde said:

What is that?

Let me turn on the lights for you so that you can see what hodgjy and I have in our respective homes. The SAGE (Semi-Automatic Ground Environment) computer was developed by IBM for the Air Force during the Cold War. The SAGE had over 50,000 vacuum tubes, weighed 250 tons, and occupied an acre of floor space. There were 27 SAGE computer installations throughout North America. Because of the unreliability of a device with that many vacuum tubes, there were two complete SAGE computers at each installation. One is now located in hodgjy's bedroom and the other is now located in San Francisco in Clayton SF's apartment. The computers were used to monitor radar, to track and report any possible enemy intrusion, to direct defensive action and as a backup for a Woo Audio headphone amp. Fortunately, we never came under enemy attack because several experts doubt the SAGE would have really been that effective in tracking them. The photo below shows only a small part of a SAGE computer. The racks behind the console are filled with rows and rows of vacuum tubes. And behind those racks are the Woo Audio amps. Those Woos are the only reliable backup system we currently have!
biggrin.gif
Excuse me while I try to figure out which one of those 50,000 NOS tubes is emitting a slight hum.

Ahahahah! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back