Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
Jul 12, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #106 of 1,510
Awesome new pictures
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #107 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm ... some of you seem surprised at the tube led's on ruZZ.il's and xnothingpoetic's Millett MAXes. However, LED backlighting is a long tradition with the Millett Hybrid and now the Millett MAX:

vixr-1.jpg

Woah that blue led light is just awesome man... Reminds me of computer case led lights

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #108 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What! looks like something out of a horror movie!

Or expect to see a basket attached at the bottom giving rides to the little people (fairies in Ireland)
smily_headphones1.gif

Wonder how that tube is changed and how much it costs ?

Peete.

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #109 of 1,510
You guys are killing me...I want a tube amp!

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #110 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just spent 40 minutes "strolling" through this gallery of photos of "The Vacuum Tube". It seemed like no time at all. What most fascinates me about this collection of 130 photos is all of the facets of the Vacuum Tube that they highlight. What a wonderful gallery it is! Well worth a leisurely stroll through.

I believe you all might enjoy this video of a french amateur radio operator making his own vacuum tubes. Much like the flickr photos, it's as interesting for what it show about the artisan as it is for what it shows about the vacuum tube.

MAKE: Blog: Make your own vacuum tubes?

Absolutely fascinating....no wonder the art of the craft is almost lost, the knowledge needed runs the gamut from skilled glass blower to mechanical engineering to electrical engineering.......list is large. Someone should archive this guys entire knowledge of the process...

I can't imagine what start up costs would be for a company thinking of mass producing tubes again. No wonder the earth is scoured for old machinery capable of this type of thing...I hope I don't see the end of tube production in my lifetime....although we'll most likely run out of certain NOS types in the next 25 years...

Peete.

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #112 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are killing me...I want a tube amp!

Ah.... Come to the dark (er... glowing) side....

Cheers,

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #115 of 1,510
No, not really difficult to maintain. Try it, you'll like it
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #117 of 1,510
MHSSTubes.jpg

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #118 of 1,510
Closeup of 5V4 rectifier filament

DSC_1559.jpg

Aug 3, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #120 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sophia Electric 'Princess' 274b rectifier tube in a Woo Audio WA6 SE amp.

SophiaElectricPrincess274bjpg.jpg

Nice!!!!! I want one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back