NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Sep 23, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #31 of 270
So a bit on the DB3s. Now the DB3s being the more fun signature. It is the opposite of the requirements of the NX7. DB3 actually sounds best with a neutral to brighter sounding source using silver or SPC cables and your tips of choice.

One of the issues I had with the F3 was that it is packaged with a silver plated cable that actually enhances the lower treble spike on the earphones. So you can guess that cable didn't last long on the F3.

Not just NiceHCK but most fi companies will spend 99% of their efforts on tuning and design and about 1% effort on included cables and tips. None of the cables that are included for both the DB3 and NX7 does nothing for the sound. It is just there so you can hear the phones and that is about it. So if any of you guys end up getting a pair always consider getting a better cable to go with it. And it is convenient that NiceHCK sells a bunch of cables on their site.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #32 of 270
I Have iems:
NiceHCK NX7
NiceHCK DT600
NiceHCK DT500
NiceHCK DT100
NiceHCK HK6
NiceHCK Bro
NiceHCK EP35
NiceHCK EP10
NiceHCK F3

earbuds:
NiceHCK DIY Graphene MX760
NiceHCK EB200
NiceHCK EBX
NiceHCK ME80
NiceHCK DIY MX500 (Blue)
NiceHCK B40

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #33 of 270
Copied from my profile - I have

IEMs

NiceHCK BRO - blue
NiceHCK DB3 - blue/silver
NiceHCK DIY CKW1000 - white/silver
NiceHCK DT300 Pro - 3BA - clear
NiceHCK - N3 - metal -Auvio tips
NiceHCK P3 - pearlescent blue ( Black Friday mystery bag)

Earbuds

NiceHCK B40 - black - 8/2019 Fukubukuro - seriously awesome
NiceHCK DIY Graphene - clear ,white cable - new version
NiceHCK DIY PK2 - black - white cable (Docomo drivers)
NiceHCK EB2 - black bell (Fukubukuro)
NiceHCK ME80 - gunmetal (6/19 Fukubukuro)

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #34 of 270
I Have iems:
NiceHCK NX7
NiceHCK DT600
NiceHCK DT500
NiceHCK DT100
NiceHCK HK6
NiceHCK Bro
NiceHCK EP35
NiceHCK EP10
NiceHCK F3

earbuds:
NiceHCK DIY Graphene MX760
NiceHCK EB200
NiceHCK EBX
NiceHCK ME80
NiceHCK DIY MX500 (Blue)
NiceHCK B40
What do you think of you're f3 compared to the... Uh... other hybrid planar that I know you love which need not be named?

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #35 of 270
The unnamed one is far superior, very enjoyable. I think I'm one of the only ones that actually likes the F3 though.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #37 of 270
their latest earbuds, the nicehck b40 are really good. Highly recommended. Especially if you are an earbuds sceptic.

What is the sound signature of the B40 like?
And how's the bass? I personally like IEMs more than earbuds cause I find some earbuds may lack bass (compared to an isolating IEM) due to their decreased isolation. But would be open to trying a pair if the bass is of good quantity.

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #38 of 270
And how's the bass? I personally like IEMs more than earbuds cause I find some earbuds may lack bass (compared to an isolating IEM) due to their decreased isolation. But would be open to trying a pair if the bass is of good quantity.

I recieved mine today ad have had only limited listening time, so far I'm very pleased withe them, bass is more than enough. My impressions may change with more hearing time and some potential burn in but I seriously doubt it. My only cons is that stock cable doesn't come vith a chin slider and that the jack is to wide to fit my ancient iPhone 2G that I use as a dap, thougt every jack was either narrow or stepped down since like forever now but it may be obsolete since new devices don't require it.

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #41 of 270
My DB3 arrived in the mail today.

I've started the burn them in. Initial impressions are that that they're definitely worth $20.

Bass is punchier than I thought it would be... Mids are generally pretty forward. Soundstage is pretty closed in and average. I sense a valley in FR in the lower mids or some bleed from the bass making them sounds a little thin, but we'll see how it responds to EQ/cable rolling. Detail is pretty good.

I'll come back to them in a couple days and see how they're doing.

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #42 of 270
The bass is neutral- deep and tight with a little slam, go all the way down to 20hrz. They are lean, balanced, with an emphasis on the upper mid-lower treble. There is enough bass and sub for electronic music to be enjoyable but it's not for bassheads.
I recommend you try them with different sources and amps if you have. They are quite transparent.
If you want big bass, you could try K's Samsara, needs a decent amp but the bass is huge, too much for me actually.

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #43 of 270
DB3
The matte finish is a refreshing change of pace. Includes a carry pouch, standard silicone plugs and 1 pair of double flanges

Same termination as the ZS10 Pro; which I took a couple comparison pics of
Thanks for the comparison pics! I love the fit and comfort of my ZS10 PRO, so it's nice to know that the DB3 is on par. Can't wait till 11/11 to score a deal on them, and a silver/ silver coated cable combo on Aliexpress. Was gonna go for the BLON BL03 but I'm not a fan of anything with short, skinny stems and all the potential mods I'll probably have to do to that set to get them to sound good to my ears. Sticking with the DB3 and an upgrade, balanced cable. Fit and comfort on my NX7 is great for me, so I'm looking to keep that...just with a bit of a different sound signature.

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #44 of 270
Nobody has any NiceHCK? kind of reaffirms the belief that it's more about link dropping for NiceHCK Aliexpress than actually talking about their gear.
Sorry to take so long to respond here...just discovered this new thread that has become separated from the Discovery thread. It's a good idea to have it become it's own thread. I am a happy owner of the NX7. I listen to much of the same music as you, HBB; and since I follow/subscribe to your YouTube channel (and I'm a Patreon also); I thought I'd comment here. I bought the NX7 in the spring of this year, and I've totally enjoyed them primarily for their detail retrieval and deep, tight bass. They are my go to when I'm listening to a new song or a new addition to my library. No...they aren't the last word in tonality, or soundstage...but they have great imaging and clarity, that allows me to focus on the words of a song and brings forth all the little details that I can't easily hear on some other sets. I currently own KanasPro, TFZ NO.3, and KZ ZS10 PRO as well. I enjoy them all (don't ask which is my favorite...it depends on my mood, and what song(s), genre, etc...at any given time). The thing I enjoy most about the NX7 is how it unleashes the details in the bass, mids, and highs. It's not what I would call a "relaxed" sound...but then again, neither is Fearless S8F, BGVP DM6, Sony EX1000. They are much more expensive than the NX7, which I snagged for the $65 introductory price. I also bought an 8 core pure copper NICEHCK cable for $13. The combo sounds great to my ears, imo. Btw, love your vids and how you show the music you use to evaluate the gear. It's led me to get more music (stuff I used to have on vinyl...or just never had the chance to obtain). Your huge library has been an inspiration to me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #45 of 270
Sorry to take so long to respond here...just discovered this new thread that has become separated from the Discovery thread. It's a good idea to have it become it's own thread. I am a happy owner of the NX7. I listen to much of the same music as you, HBB; and since I follow/subscribe to your YouTube channel (and I'm a Patreon also); I thought I'd comment here. I bought the NX7 in the spring of this year, and I've totally enjoyed them primarily for their detail retrieval and deep, tight bass. They are my go to when I'm listening to a new song or a new addition to my library. No...they aren't the last word in tonality, or soundstage...but they have great imaging and clarity, that allows me to focus on the words of a song and brings forth all the little details that I can't easily hear on some other sets. I currently own KanasPro, TFZ NO.3, and KZ ZS10 PRO as well. I enjoy them all (don't ask which is my favorite...it depends on my mood, and what song(s), genre, etc...at any given time). The thing I enjoy most about the NX7 is how it unleashes the details in the bass, mids, and highs. It's not what I would call a "relaxed" sound...but then again, neither is Fearless S8F, BGVP DM6, Sony EX1000. They are much more expensive than the NX7, which I snagged for the $65 introductory price. I also bought an 8 core pure copper NICEHCK cable for $13. The combo sounds great to my ears, imo. Btw, love your vids and how you show the music you use to evaluate the gear. It's led me to get more music (stuff I used to have on vinyl...or just never had the chance to obtain). Your huge library has been an inspiration to me. Thanks!

Glad you found your way here :)

This thread helps non Head-fi NiceHCK earphone fans find info easier. Apparently they make good gear so I expect this thread to grow quite large over time. Thanks for watching !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back