NF Audio impression thread.
Jun 12, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #1,261 of 1,292
have a question, how's quality control for this brand? used to own nm2, nm2+, nf3u, but already sold them all

but a friend of mine offer $50 for 9 months old nm2 & $90 for 6 months old nm2+ ... the thing is we are in different country and he bought on his local seller, so if something happen, the warranty gonna be a hassle ... but there wont be shipping cost if i bought them cause he's gonna visit me soon

also at that price its still a steal right? its been almost a year since im prefer to headphone and sold my iem, and kinda want to buy some iem again
also looks like there are many new good iem lately?
Well...
About quality control issues... Maybe the qdc connector fails if u usually change cables.

About the lately storm of hyped-iems... Yeah, a lot of them are good, but remember, a lot of reviewers are paid with free samples to told u so good they are, like this:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/yanyin-discussion-thread.958874/page-45#post-16655131

I usually prefer to buy consolidated and recognisesd iems, or If u know a brand and like they firm, buy to test new equipment.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #1,263 of 1,292
anyone here gotten their hands on NA3 yet?

Jul 28, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #1,266 of 1,292
I asked NF Audio about the NA3 they told me it's a downgrade from the NA2 so I am skipping it.
I see,never tried the NA2 but gotten my hands on the NA3,so far it’s pretty good.

Aug 27, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #1,269 of 1,292
Ahead of my full review (which will be completed in the next couple of weeks) I just wanted to post a few first impressions of the NF Audio NE4. I’ve been aware of NF Audio for a while, but this is the first time I’ve actually listened to any of their products, and I must say I’m super impressed.

The NF Audio is a 4 BA model with one key feature, namely changeable faceplates that contain different crossover circuitry. Unlike most IEMs that have different switch settings (with the exception of the exceptional @Penon Legend – more on that next week), the NE4 faceplates make a considerable change to the sound signatures by utilising the drivers in completely different ways. And each of these sound profiles are carefully and thoughtfully tuned for very specific use cases. The black ‘reference plate’ has a pleasantly balanced signature with a slight low-end bump. The red ‘pop’ plate significantly increases the thump in the lower registers (by several dB) whilst recessing the mid-range slightly and smoothing out the treble marginally. Whereas the blue ‘transparent’ faceplate presents a signature that might accurately be described as ‘most neutral’, with an almost completely linear presentation from the lower to mid registers and a slight bump in the treble. All discernibly different signatures for very different listening experiences, all three of which are extremely satisfying in their own right.

My only gripe so far is with the stock cable which, whilst not particularly egregious in any way, just doesn’t bring out the best of what this IEM can offer. As soon as I switched the cable to something a little more suitable, the NE4’s showed their true colours and have provided me with several hours of listening pleasure with all of the faceplates.

Will all three signatures be right...

Thank you for your impressions.
NE4 price is really little reasonable on my book, thought its new tech attracts me.
I have had to wait more than a year for a decent occasion to get it, and I hope you and Dsnuts are right.
NF AUDIO NF4 has been long totally ignored by a community whose past hype trains so often misleaded/ misinformed me.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,270 of 1,292
Received NE4 and diggin into its sound. Surprising, pretty cool I have to admit.
Definition, micro-details and layering, silent background, balanced frequencies with smooth transients (black reference faceplate, 10ohms,108db) seem to be NE4 strenghts.
It really is the NF3u upgrade I was looking for.
I Ikeep on pairing it with TSMR - 4 Pro and 6,
with Fearless S8F and S8Z. I must say its implemented tuning crossovers technology and 'high grade Knowles' are real and make it shine in compare, with my daps.

Attachments

• 20220910_152310.jpg
    20220910_152310.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220908_154220.jpg
    20220908_154220.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220908_173225.jpg
    20220908_173225.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #1,271 of 1,292
Received NE4 and diggin into its sound. Surprising, pretty cool I have to admit.
Definition, micro-details and layering, silent background, balanced frequencies with smooth transients (black reference faceplate, 10ohms,108db) seem to be NE4 strenghts.
It really is the NF3u upgrade I was looking for.
I Ikeep on pairing it with TSMR - 4 Pro and 6,
with Fearless S8F and S8Z. I must say its implemented tuning crossovers technology and 'high grade Knowles' are real and make it shine in compare, with my daps.
you should do a review and post it.. i'm interested. thanks.!!

Oct 8, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #1,272 of 1,292
Since Nicehck DB1 mimics the same target as NFs DD line, it kinda annoys me that I paid premium. Sure, the NA2 driver is better and mids sounds a little more consistent, but it ends there. Amping and EQing a few +db bass shelf in DB1 provides a very close performance. Same macrodetails, same tuning softer cymbals (DB1 more tizzy, more stronger in initial attack actually).

And I didnt know theres a NA3. Guess its a bit overshadowed in a so crowded $50+ market. And yeah, an interesting price drop and cool package. NF always provides a very good design, that I'm a fan. I just wish they could be more competitive in price.

Its getting harder and harder risk pay more in single DDs when theres always a more aggressive priced coming really quick to compete. Good for us as consumers, I guess.

Nov 1, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #1,275 of 1,292
I'm so glad to see so many people discussing NF Audio. Thank you very much,I am the CEO of NF Audio. No matter what questions you have about us, you are welcome to ask me
I'd just like to say that after 2.5-3 years of trying IEMs ranging from $10-$900, the NM2+ is one of several that stood out to me as having a remarkable qualities. My tuning taste has changed so that it wouldn't suit me now on a daily basis, but it had a special something. Surprisingly I remember the bass response being one of my favorite parts of it, besides the staging, and vocals.

The RA10 is certainly interesting, will it launch during 11.11 sales?

The NA3 has had me curious on and off with its supposedly analog tuning.

Anyway I wouldn't trade the months I had with the NM2+ for anything, for a long time (relatively speaking, in this hobby!) they kept me happy and felt like they were made for me. 👍 So thanks, and I always keep one eye on NF Audio releases based on that great experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back