NF Audio impression thread.
Apr 3, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #1,096 of 1,292
but I actually found the NM2+ to run just fine off any clean source with low noise floor...
I agree

I haven’t found either of my NF Audio DD IEMs to need power.

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #1,097 of 1,292
Yes, I was using the 3.5mm port... ending up returning the unit due to the issue, I had read that running it balanced got rid of the issue but I swap around between sources so much that I didn't want the hassle of swapping cables all the time. Otherwise the DX160 is a great unit.

ditto, using 2.5mm balanced cable..., but I sold mine already. I kinda missed it though

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #1,098 of 1,292
May I ask why you're selling them?
Sure! Micro resolution is not enough for my taste, I'm building my own IEMs now

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,102 of 1,292
so if u are going to NM2+ on smartphones and laptop audio , is there a difference between those KZ IEMS and NM2+?
Nm2+ has way much better tonal balance and timbre. But I actually prefer the original nm2 over the nm2+.

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #1,103 of 1,292
Apr 8, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #1,105 of 1,292

How does any of the IEMs discussed in this thread sound in this? pls comment

You do know that everyone hears differently and no two individuals can perceive same things even if they are using same IEM. I understand your predicament but this is an incorrect way of decision-making. Folks WILL have different source, tips, fit, hearing range and what not. With so many variables involved, it is nigh impossible to reach a conclusion.

The best way would be to ask about how the tonal balance, timbre, signature, sensitivity, maybe dynamism (although it is very much subjective) etc. are and probably read a few reviews and evaluate them. If you are in a city where there are brick and mortar audio stores, then the best case scenario would be to audition the IEMs there. This will help you in minimising your losses especially in sub $200 price range.

My intention is not to hurt you or your sentiments but I want to help you in making an informed choice as opposed to a blind gamble. My apologies if my comments cause you grief.🙏

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #1,106 of 1,292
Didn't realize this is out.
445480570.jpg

Apr 10, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,108 of 1,292
Apr 10, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #1,109 of 1,292
So approximately US$150. Not bad.
It is virtually identical to the NM2+ but with a different tuning. I recently rediscovered the greatness of the NM2+, realized it can sound that good with the right cable. This new NA2+ really got me interested as quite a few headfiers here prefer the tuning of the old NA2.

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #1,110 of 1,292
It is virtually identical to the NM2+ but with a different tuning. I recently rediscovered the greatness of the NM2+, realized it can sound that good with the right cable. This new NA2+ really got me interested as quite a few headfiers here prefer the tuning of the old NA2.
I have really high hopes for this model. We'll have to see what tuning decisions NF Audio took. I hope for a slight sub bass elevation and a moderate reduction in the upper mids, then this model will be perfect for so many people.

Basically I want a version of the Black Monitor combo on LZ A7 with DD timbre. If anyone can pull it off without sacrificing too much in technicalities it could very well be NF Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back