NF Audio impression thread.
Dec 9, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #916 of 1,292
It must be the source matchup somehow. I can’t think of any hiss that would be from a defect in the IEM. I mostly run it off a Qudelix 5K, or off an iPhone 6s. Maybe try it on any devices you might have to see how it changes?
Oh that's great, I've a 6s laying around too. Do you use it directly without DAC?

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #917 of 1,292
Oh that's great, I've a 6s laying around too. Do you use it directly without DAC?
Yep, straight out of the phone. For some reason, NF Audio IEMs seem to play very well with my simple Apple devices (iPhone, iPad), yet they don’t match well with the Dragonfly Cobalt. No hissing, but they just sound a bit harsh/bright.

Dec 9, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #918 of 1,292
I notice that they are very sensitive - so maybe your source is a little hot? I about blew my drums out when I (stupidly) switched over when a/b'ing from my hfm he-400

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #919 of 1,292
I notice that they are very sensitive - so maybe your source is a little hot? I about blew my drums out when I (stupidly) switched over when a/b'ing from my hfm he-400
I'm not sure, the V30 is the ideal phone for IEMs due to its Quad ESS DAC. I'll wait for my DX7s to arrive and check with it. Gonna need a THX AAA too proabably since the impedance out of the Topping is bad.

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #920 of 1,292
I just got my NF2+ and not sure if they are defective. Can anyone check if they also hear weird artifacts in the silence at the beginning of Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto, op.35 in D Major: I. Allegro moderato from Patricia Kopatchinskaja?
Is this the track?

I tried listening to my NM2+ straight out of my iPad, with music via Spotify 320kbps. I don’t hear any unusual hiss at the beginning. I only hear expected low-level background noise.

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #921 of 1,292
Is this the track?

I tried listening to my NM2+ straight out of my iPad, with music via Spotify 320kbps. I don’t hear any unusual hiss at the beginning. I only hear expected low-level background noise.

Yes this is it. Thank you!
I listened to it with my dads Onkyo afterwards, turns out my LG introduces the hiss, guess the DAC isn't as good as they say.

Dec 9, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #922 of 1,292
Yes this is it. Thank you!
I listened to it with my dads Onkyo afterwards, turns out my LG introduces the hiss, guess the DAC isn't as good as they say.
The DAC isn’t necessarily bad, it’s just that the amp of your LG doesn’t mesh well with the NM2+. Have you tried any other IEMs with your LG?

Dec 10, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #925 of 1,292
The nm2+ is no doubt my best iem to date but for male vocal recitation that I listen to it is not my favourite. I personally don't hear as much emotions coming from the male vocals when compared to my kpe or oxygen (which I should get back from repair very soon to compare again). But with my nm2+ I love media consumption as the soundstage is on another level especially when paired with the isn ag8 (OMDZ 😱), Like a little cinema in your heard with all that immersion, clarity and detail.

I have huge respect for nfaudio and big expectations on there next single DD iem. Something a little more emotional and sweet sounding whilst keeping that same technical sound would probably be my end game. Also all you lot gotta get that ag8 cable if soundstage is your thing. 😉

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #926 of 1,292
Dec 10, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #927 of 1,292
The DAC isn’t necessarily bad, it’s just that the amp of your LG doesn’t mesh well with the NM2+. Have you tried any other IEMs with your LG?
I don't have any other IEMs in this detail range, only some cheapo $10 chinese ones

Dec 10, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #929 of 1,292
Do you guys feel they got better after burning in? Manual says 50h burning in, so I'm running them 24/7 on the onkyo

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #930 of 1,292
Do you guys feel they got better after burning in? Manual says 50h burning in, so I'm running them 24/7 on the onkyo
It’s a good idea to break in DDs, but I personally didn’t notice an obvious difference in sound over time with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back