NF Audio impression thread.
Dec 1, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #887 of 1,292
In the hope of an Nf Audio NA2 +:)
I agree. If they could keep the general tuning of the NA2, but increase the resolution and speed a little, and especially increase soundstage and improve imaging, it would be amazing, and better tolerated by everyone. I would like it with a black aluminum shell.

Dec 1, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #890 of 1,292
Hey all - I'm recently on the NF train too with the NM2+'s and after playing pink noise for a while they seem to settle in nicely!

Now - I'm struggling with fit a little and I've seen final audio e tips and spin fit ++ recommended. I usually need different size tips for each ear, so a variety pack would be great for medium or small sizes, but I'm new at this game and last time I bought tips I needed a barrel diameter, but I don't see that on many of the suggestions now, so is it more universal than in the past? Any other suggestions to try as well? I am using the small size bass tips as they seem to get in a little deeper - but could even go a little shorter / smaller to get a little deeper insertion too.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #891 of 1,292
Has anyone used the stock cable for more than 2 months? I got some similar cables and they eventually turn into green-ish or dark-ish depending on the material, so just wondering if it's safe to use the stock cable without this tarnish issue.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #892 of 1,292
Mine hasn't changed color but I do live in a dry climate. You can use the stock cable and if it turns color you can always get an upgraded cable. They sound better with better cables anyway.

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #893 of 1,292
Here's my thoughts on the NM2+
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nf-audio-nm2.24648/reviews#item-review-24850
20201201_181359.jpg

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #894 of 1,292
Hey all - I'm recently on the NF train too with the NM2+'s and after playing pink noise for a while they seem to settle in nicely!

Now - I'm struggling with fit a little and I've seen final audio e tips and spin fit ++ recommended. I usually need different size tips for each ear, so a variety pack would be great for medium or small sizes, but I'm new at this game and last time I bought tips I needed a barrel diameter, but I don't see that on many of the suggestions now, so is it more universal than in the past? Any other suggestions to try as well? I am using the small size bass tips as they seem to get in a little deeper - but could even go a little shorter / smaller to get a little deeper insertion too.
You can purchase the multi-size packs (5 sizes) of the Final E tips, or even buy a Final E500 or E1000, and they come with all tip sizes. Then you can find the right size for each ear. However, if the included bass tips fit you well (in both ears) and sound good, it’s okay to just use them. I think the included tips are good.

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #895 of 1,292
I agree. If they could keep the general tuning of the NA2, but increase the resolution and speed a little, and especially increase soundstage and improve imaging, it would be amazing, and better tolerated by everyone. I would like it with a black aluminum shell.
So would you say the NM2+ is better than the NA2?

Dec 1, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #896 of 1,292
So would you say the NM2+ is better than the NA2?
Technically, without a doubt. The NM2+ has a much larger soundstage and crazy good imaging for a single DD IEM. It also has better resolution and clarity, in part due to it’s more bright-neutral tuning. The NA2 is still an amazing single DD IEM, and while not technically as good, it has a more “fun“ tuning, that’s easier for most people to tolerate. The upper mids are not nearly as accentuated, and the treble is more rolled off. The bass is a lot more elevated, but still tasteful, and not bloated. The NA2 is better for relaxing to, where you won’t feel the need to analyze the music as much, IMO.

Dec 1, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #897 of 1,292
Technically, without a doubt. The NM2+ has a much larger soundstage and crazy good imaging for a single DD IEM. It also has better resolution and clarity, in part due to it’s more bright-neutral tuning. The NA2 is still an amazing single DD IEM, and while not technically as good, it has a more “fun“ tuning, that’s easier for most people to tolerate. The upper mids are not nearly as accentuated, and the treble is more rolled off. The bass is a lot more elevated, but still tasteful, and not bloated. The NA2 is better for relaxing to, where you won’t feel the need to analyze the music as much, IMO.

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Guess I should wait for the NA2+ then. I like having IEMs with different sound signature although the NM2+ is cold it's perfect to add to my collection. Thanks.

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #898 of 1,292
I initially used a 8-core gold/silver plater copper cable and found the bass to be too much. Now it is much better with the 4-core BQEYZ copper cable that came with the spring 2. :gs1000smile:

I also listened to Joe Satriani's latest album Shapeshifting (poor mastering ruined the whole album IMO, I even emailed the mastering guy, lol) and the NM2+ sounded awful, in contrast Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards sounded very good. Seemed to be quite picky on the mastering quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back