NF Audio impression thread.
Nov 29, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #871 of 1,292
I just kind of blindly purchased the NM2+ yesterday and then there is this comparison between the NM2 and NM2+ showing that they are quite similar :sweat_smile: . I guess the price difference is not that much now only $40 and the metal shell alone is worth the extra money. May I ask if the supplied cable is upgraded or not?

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #872 of 1,292
We already know that NM2 and NM2+ are using the same drivers.
I believe I read somewhere that NM2+ uses better pcb board and circuitry to achieve a stable frequency response (don’t really know what that mean is to be honest - maybe they meant better channel matching).
We also know that metal vs plastic and how they interact with internal acoustic resonances.

To me brief a/bing reveals that NM2+ has superior imaging and bit more micro details but overall sound signature is so similar that casual listeners might not even notice the differences.
Also casual listeners might even prefer the NM2’s (depending music genre) more oomph in bass region. This very same oomph in NM2, for me is distracting because it gives cello and double bass less textured sound compared to the NM2+’s impeccably clean and resolving bassline.
With this much control in bass, I suspect NM2+ might be using a better magnetic structure in their driver even, but I can’t confirm this. Soundstage is similar but the NM2+ has slightly more breathing space between instruments. NM2+’s midrange clarity might just be more pronounced because of the bright neutral tuning and slightly blacker background (pcb + housing?).

For me, jump in price was worth it for my classical music library alone, but for others this might easily be a side or even downgrade if they listen to mainly compressed bass heavy music.

Tested both on YY UPOCC and stock balanced eartips.

This is very helpful - thank you! :)

Nov 29, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #873 of 1,292
I just kind of blindly purchased the NM2+ yesterday and then there is this comparison between the NM2 and NM2+ showing that they are quite similar :sweat_smile: . I guess the price difference is not that much now only $40 and the metal shell alone is worth the extra money. May I ask if the supplied cable is upgraded or not?

Supplied cable (NM2+) is definitely upgrade in my opinion.

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #875 of 1,292
Dec 1, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #877 of 1,292
im looking forward to getting mine . Hppefully here sometime this week 。Just saw a really bad review on you tube . Max Settings said they were “a muddy mess“ with “terrible timbre“ also adviced everyone to buy the kxxs intead 🤔Mmmm , we shall see !

Dec 1, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #878 of 1,292
im looking forward to getting mine . Hppefully here sometime this week 。Just saw a really bad review on you tube . Max Settings said they were “a muddy mess“ with “terrible timbre“ also adviced everyone to buy the kxxs intead 🤔Mmmm , we shall see !

Never heard of that reviewer lol

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #879 of 1,292
Already received my NM2+ :joy: :gs1000smile: :wink:.
First impression is they sound a bit cold for me, I think will hugely benefit pairing them with a warm source (tubes). Straight out of the box I prefer my recently acquired LZ A6 mini but I am sure the NM2+ will grow on me after time. Very comfortable and nice packaging.

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #880 of 1,292
First impression is they sound a bit cold for me, I think will hugely benefit pairing them with a warm source (tubes). Straight out of the box I prefer my recently acquired LZ A6 mini but I am sure the NM2+ will grow on me after time. Very comfortable and nice packaging.

And the bass is hitting so hard :deadhorse:

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #881 of 1,292

Coincidentally, I received my A6mini yesterday, and am quite enjoying it, though I've been looking longingly at the NM2+ lately, so your further impressions are eagerly anticipated here. :D

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #882 of 1,292
Coincidentally, I received my A6mini yesterday, and am quite enjoying it, though I've been looking longingly at the NM2+ lately, so your further impressions are eagerly anticipated here. :D
Yea I saw your post. I really have a strong feeling that these NM2+ need to be driven with a more organic warm source. Can't wait to try them out once I got home. I would also highly appreciate you trying out the black filters for the A6Mini to verify the existence of a peak at around 2kHZ which after dialing down with EQ, has become one of the best IEM in this price bracket or beyond out there IMO.

Dec 1, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #883 of 1,292
Try" short delay sharp" dac filter if your player has it😊

Dec 1, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #884 of 1,292
Try" short delay sharp" dac filter if your player has it😊
Thanks, I will check that out I think my DAP probably have it not sure with my DAC coz it didn't come with a proper user guide:robot:.

My second impression with the NM2+ is they are super clear sounding. I tested with some Joe Satriani tracks (black swan and wormhold wizards) with my DAP which tend to be kind of muddy sounded super clear with the NM2+. However, the sound wasn't too pleasing with my desktop tube amp.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #885 of 1,292
Thanks, I will check that out I think my DAP probably have it not sure with my DAC coz it didn't come with a proper user guide:robot:.

My second impression with the NM2+ is they are super clear sounding. I tested with some Joe Satriani tracks (black swan and wormhold wizards) with my DAP which tend to be kind of muddy sounded super clear with the NM2+. However, the sound wasn't too pleasing with my desktop tube amp.
dun mention it, that filter seems to balance out the bright side of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back