NF Audio impression thread.
Oct 14, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #572 of 1,292
Game on :)
20201014_153956.jpg20201014_154054.jpg

Oct 14, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #573 of 1,292
2 days ago I bought at AliExpress NF Audio AM2.
The final price, after all the discounts, was $84.96 + free delivery.
When it arrives, I will share my impressions.

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #574 of 1,292
Been enjoying NM2+. Dont have experience with more expensive TOTL iems to compare against, but I am very impressed with the NM2+. Thank you for recommending it. My qudelix 5k also arrived today, so I got to use qudelix 5k, YY upocc cable, NM2+. I am good till 11/11 or even black friday. Not even sure I will ever 'need' a better setup. I only wish it is as small as my westone b50.

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #575 of 1,292
Received my NM2+ a day ago, fitted them with the regular Azla Sedna tips and YY tin-plated copper cable since it matched well with the NA1.

Dang do these monitors sound really fast. Had a listen to Impiety's "Terrorreign" and the maelstrom of cymbals is more visceral than any of my other iems.

Only thing that it lacks is that bit of texture when it comes to strings and violin. Will try the YY upocc cable and see if the texture is much better.

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #576 of 1,292
Received my NM2+ a day ago, fitted them with the regular Azla Sedna tips and YY tin-plated copper cable since it matched well with the NA1.

Dang do these monitors sound really fast. Had a listen to Impiety's "Terrorreign" and the maelstrom of cymbals is more visceral than any of my other iems.

Only thing that it lacks is that bit of texture when it comes to strings and violin. Will try the YY upocc cable and see if the texture is much better.
How do you find vocals?

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #578 of 1,292

Impiety Terrorreign is a solid album \m/ definitely gives you an idea about the speed of these. NM2+ can sure handle some really fast music. Today I pushed them to it's extreme, tried to play Anaalnathrakh - The supreme necrotic audnance, the only iem I've heard that handles this track without loosing it's crap is S8F, NM2+ did struggle a bit but I can't complain for the price it has made me a happy listener. Old-school death metal sounds super fun on these!

Oct 16, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #579 of 1,292
Been enjoying NM2+. Dont have experience with more expensive TOTL iems to compare against, but I am very impressed with the NM2+. Thank you for recommending it. My qudelix 5k also arrived today, so I got to use qudelix 5k, YY upocc cable, NM2+. I am good till 11/11 or even black friday. Not even sure I will ever 'need' a better setup. I only wish it is as small as my westone b50.
Do you need to use 5K'S equalizer on it?😆

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #580 of 1,292
Ok, first couple of hours impression.Using 5K's balanced output with KB Rhyme 8 2.5mm balanced cable ( UAPP Tidal Hifi ) Sweet & Liquid, perhaps not as fast and layered as BA8. Very good for Jazz instrumental music 👍. Bass quantity are better then BA8 but just alittle less tight and textured. For now,awaiting custom cable to arrive while loosening the dynamic driver. I wonder how is the new Shozy Black Hole 1 DD fairs with it?😆

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #581 of 1,292
Oh yes, I did EQ for my taste
Screenshot_20201016-224054_Qudelix.jpg

Oct 16, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #583 of 1,292
What’s everyone’s favorite ear tips for use with the NM2+ right now? So far, I’m liking the ePro horn tips best. I’m trying out Sedna Lights, but find it too bright in the lower treble, and the upper mids are also a bit more prominent, though the soundstage seems a little larger, and it sounds more airy. It’s good for instruments, but too much for some female vocals for me.

I also like the Spinfit CP145s. I always find that they sound similar to the ePro horns.
Just tried the CP100, adds just a hint of warmth, smoothness, and body, very nice synergy. Might decrease the soundstage just slightly as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back