next upgrade for a noobie? cans or some other equipment?
Jan 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
The biggest improvement you can make to your listening is to rip in a lossless format. MP3's sound like crap through anything but earbuds or in your car.

I disagree with this, but your obviously diluted audiophole so I wont waste my time.

OP use your own ears and judge for yourself if you really feel their is ANY difference between 320kpbs and Lossless FLAC or ALAC and you feel it is worth the trouble and space issues( especially the moving of the files) then by all means go ahead and do yourself a favor and use lossless. I've done blind testing with Lossless and 320 and found it indistinguishable.

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
thanks

if you have $100 to spend what would be the best one?

For Grados, uDac is a surprisingly good match within your budget.  It has a fairly warm sound, which will help balance out the very bright treble of Grados.  I was very happy with a uDac and SR225s (be careful with the 325s, even their warmest headphones can be piercing).  It is good enough to bring out details in high bitrate/lossless music well beyond the capacities of your soundcard.

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 18
Just for anyone wondering:

I got uDAC-2 to replace my onboard. 

At first I really didn't notice much changes in SQ (as seen in my other topic) but after one night, I noticed huge improvements! (maybe my ears adjusted?)

The sound is definitely warmer and the music is cleaner!  I think it's a good complement to my sr-60.

Now I can't listen to onboard, its hurts my ears... >_>

thanks 

Quote:
Quote:
thanks

if you have $100 to spend what would be the best one?

For Grados, uDac is a surprisingly good match within your budget.  It has a fairly warm sound, which will help balance out the very bright treble of Grados.  I was very happy with a uDac and SR225s (be careful with the 325s, even their warmest headphones can be piercing).  It is good enough to bring out details in high bitrate/lossless music well beyond the capacities of your soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back