Next headphones to try?
May 30, 2013 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SoundWhore

New Head-Fier
I'm searching for suitable headphones for electronic (dance) music listening and hobby production. 
What I am looking for:
+big, fun, loud, live "in your face" sound stage. If it sounds small, distant and weak I won't even approach such cans, this is most important for me.
+clean, open, airy sound so I can hear every detail of sparkles, string plucks and other sounds in definition  "above my ears". I do not accept  muddy, unclear and dull sound, so any kind of sibilance is not accepted at all.
+decent low end of course

price range is 150€, more or less.
Bonus feature:
+semi open cans since they may be usually more comfortable and more natural sounding

I tried ATH-m50, but I wasn't satisfied. Sound stage is small, mids are recessed for my taste and highs are sibilant (very annoying to listen vocals and hihats). The only thing I  partially liked was low end and even this it was too "boomy", it was like you put bass on bit of reverb, kinda artificial sounding, but still very decent.

May 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 6
Budget?

May 30, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #5 of 6
Beyerdynamic DT770 maybe?

Sennheiser HD25-1

Why don't you look up what fits your budget, check a few reviews and see if they fit your requirements, then check back with your handful of finalists?

May 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #6 of 6
Check out:
Philips Fidelio X1
Vmoda m100
Beyerdynamic t70
Sony mdr-1r

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back