[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
Jan 17, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,036 of 1,082
  Thanks alot, in fact I already own the 012 (with grey filters) and I like them alot, but sometimes I miss some punch/pressure in the lower end (but I love the tight/dry bass of them) . And thanks alot scottiebabie, do you know how long this deal will be up? Because it would save me alot :)

Greets,
Michael

no worries bud, glad u can make use of the coupon sale. earphone solutions email says the sale is for 1 week & i got the email yesterday so u can do the math.

that said, someone reported that the coupon no longer works for the PFE132. im guessing they ran low on stock for that particular model. 

beerchug.gif
BEST TO STRIKE WHILE THE IRON'S HOT
beerchug.gif

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #1,040 of 1,082
Scottie and Michael, great things happen when the two of them get together.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #1,042 of 1,082
Thanks for the heads-up on that coupon. Already have a pair of 232s I use every day at work but at this price I picked up an extra pair. Figure since they're discontinued and will one day be impossible to find or buy at a reasonable price this was a good idea, and at this price can't be beat.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #1,043 of 1,082
Scottie and Michael, great things happen when the two of them get together.

yup we're the new age bobsie twins! lols. 

seriously though, i dont think ive read anything particularly negative about the PFE232s except that its alot of moolah. at 600 big ones, i'd have to say i'd never have bought it. for <$240, its a no brainer as im pretty sure i can resell at no loss.

i just returned a Senn IE80 which i got at amazon for an awesome lightning deal as well. sounds good but fit suxs ... for me atleast. i hope fit & comfort on the phonaks should be a step or 2 above the IE80.

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #1,044 of 1,082

yup we're the new age bobsie twins! lols. 

seriously though, i dont think ive read anything particularly negative about the PFE232s except that its alot of moolah. at 600 big ones, i'd have to say i'd never have bought it. for <$240, its a no brainer as im pretty sure i can resell at no loss.

i just returned a Senn IE80 which i got at amazon for an awesome lightning deal as well. sounds good but fit suxs ... for me atleast. i hope fit & comfort on the phonaks should be a step or 2 above the IE80.

Haha :) I bet you will be amazed by the comfort, atleast the 012 had the best comfort I ever had from an iem, and I have alot of fitting issues with them in general. About the price, I was about to buy them for 500 € and after all I`ve read they seemed to be worth that money, luckily I had some payment issues which prevented me from spending 500 € instead of 230 € with the coupon :D
I have another question, for the 012 I simply used wax guard filters from the hearing aid shop, instead of the audeo filters... Will this still work for the 232? They are really cheap and easy to get...
Looking at the earphonesolutions website the pfe 232 are already sold out (they are available again, couldn`t resist grabbing a second one. I´m so bad with money...) :O that was definetly quick... luckily I got a pair :)

Greets,
Michael

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #1,045 of 1,082
They are back in stock for a small while - they returned them to stock when some buyers created new accounts to use the free points... won't last long

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #1,047 of 1,082
just got my PFE232s. im thinking its wayyy too early to make any informed opinions but brief impressions says these iems hits hard in the bottom. seems quite detailed, with decent sound(head)stage but with a slight edginess (complys do alleviate this). sounds good unamped just off a samsung note cell but def better off a hidizs player running flacs. super comfy & easy fitting for sure.

anyone knows if the pfe232s need burn-in?

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #1,048 of 1,082
day off today so got to do a bit more listening of the 232s via the hidizs player. i could be wrong as its been quite a while since ive sold my hd650/600, but driven as mentioned, the 232s sound awefully like a well amped de-veiled & slightly aggressive (or less lush) hd6x0 (more likely 650 due to bigger bottom end but its been so long). incase we're unsure, its a great thing anytime we can get hd6x0 like sound siggy thru a porty rig.

all this is via the smoother complys as i find the silicons, though more comfy, to be too treble hot for my taste.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #1,049 of 1,082
  day off today so got to do a bit more listening of the 232s via the hidizs player. i could be wrong as its been quite a while since ive sold my hd650/600, but driven as mentioned, the 232s sound awefully like a well amped de-veiled & slightly aggressive (or less lush) hd6x0 (more likely 650 due to bigger bottom end but its been so long). incase we're unsure, its a great thing anytime we can get hd6x0 like sound siggy thru a porty rig.

all this is via the smoother complys as i find the silicons, though more comfy, to be too treble hot for my taste.

I got mine today and am impressed with the low end and amazed at the treble extension. It is sharp, but not sibilant. I used the Complys as well - but then I installed my P-Series Complys (P-100 Large) and got even deeper low end extension. I am used to warmer IEMs as that has been my preferred signature, but I think I can "warm" up to these. As I waited for the 232 to arrive I read a bunch of reviews and one of the most mentioned features was that they were chameleons in that you could throw any kind of music at them - I have some music that sometimes just doesn't sound right with my warmer cans - some are poor recordings (great copies of poorer recordings - lol) most are older recordings - the 232 handles them very well - very accurate - but so much more dynamic than my old Ety ER4Ps.... Yes, the treble is sharp - but if you can hold on and make it through - it isn't distorted - it isn't etched - it is just there big time....

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,050 of 1,082

I got mine today and am impressed with the low end and amazed at the treble extension. It is sharp, but not sibilant. I used the Complys as well - but then I installed my P-Series Complys (P-100 Large) and got even deeper low end extension. I am used to warmer IEMs as that has been my preferred signature, but I think I can "warm" up to these. As I waited for the 232 to arrive I read a bunch of reviews and one of the most mentioned features was that they were chameleons in that you could throw any kind of music at them - I have some music that sometimes just doesn't sound right with my warmer cans - some are poor recordings (great copies of poorer recordings - lol) most are older recordings - the 232 handles them very well - very accurate - but so much more dynamic than my old Ety ER4Ps.... Yes, the treble is sharp - but if you can hold on and make it through - it isn't distorted - it isn't etched - it is just there big time....

how does the 232s rank in comparo to your pletora of IEMs? i see u even have JH16s CIEM as well. the 232 + a pair sony xba3 are probably my top 2 IEMs so i dont have the range of experience as u.

btw does only the T100 complys fit the 232? what about S & Ts series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back