News! Colorfly how a awesome new DAP!
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #76 of 272
@jmills8 or/and @Nayparm I know sound is subjective, but compared to DX200 (with any amp) or any TOTL Dap you have heard, in your opinion is it equal or better? I know it is different than DX200. In terms of detail, resolution and overall SQ what is the difference, in your opinion? Also, I mostly listen with my EE Phantoms. Have you heard the Phantoms and do you think it would be a good match the the U8? Sorry for all the questions. Friday night and 2 strong IPA's in :)

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #77 of 272
@jmills8 or/and @Nayparm I know sound is subjective, but compared to DX200 (with any amp) or any TOTL Dap you have heard, in your opinion is it equal or better? I know it is different than DX200. In terms of detail, resolution and overall SQ what is the difference, in your opinion? Also, I mostly listen with my EE Phantoms. Have you heard the Phantoms and do you think it would be a good match the the U8? Sorry for all the questions. Friday night and 2 strong IPA's in :)
As detailed as the dx200 but more intimate, slightly thinker sound, analog.

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #78 of 272
I DL 2.3 FW, now how to make my Favorite tracks ? Like when Im listening to a song and want to mark it as my fav.

Feb 16, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #80 of 272
I DL 2.3 FW, now how to make my Favorite tracks ? Like when Im listening to a song and want to mark it as my fav.

From song or folder view, long press a track. Round selection icons will appear on the right, touch the circle and you will get a green tick. At the bottom click add. You can choose my collection or create a new one. It added to my collection straight away but adding to a test one just created the test collection. Selecting again added to test ok. So dont spend ages selecting songs if your adding to a new collection just choose one, let it create it then go and choose your songs to add to the new one.

Now i cant find away of removing tracks from a collection. If you long press a song in a collection and choose delete it deletes the song file altogether. Maybe its editable from a PC, i've not tried yet.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #81 of 272
Ill give it a try, thxs

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #82 of 272
I pressed and held, mine pops up if I want to delete.

20190216_191823.jpg

Feb 16, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #84 of 272
Are you on 2.3 fw

If i'm in file or song mode long press a song brings up 4 options at the bottom of the screen

Select all, play, add, delete
In the ON button ot states 2.3 fw.

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #85 of 272
Ok been burning in the modded U8. Its sounding pretty good and obviously theres more punch to the music. Running the U8 Mod with the Fostex TH900 single ended and the dap is pushing it as if I had an amp attached to the dap. Volume doesnt need to go over 40.
20190218_134223.jpg

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #87 of 272
Great, do you notice any other difference other than power. I don't have any large cans my use is mainly at the gym.
Im transferring the same music files onto the modded dap so I can A/B them.

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #89 of 272
Well I bought the U8 cause of Nayparm mentioning how great it is. Im charging it and will put music in it. I did spent two hours demoung the demo unit. It states it can hold 256 gig sd card, can I put say a 400 gig ?

Hi....I'm also TH900 user with a colorfly C4.....so would really really appreciate you giving me some feedback on what you think and if you think it with the change from my C4? Thanks bud

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #90 of 272
Hi....I'm also TH900 user with a colorfly C4.....so would really really appreciate you giving me some feedback on what you think and if you think it with the change from my C4? Thanks bud

I would say so, it's been a while since I've heard a C4 but I would say this is a definite step up in sound and obviously gui.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back