News! Colorfly how a awesome new DAP!
Jul 3, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #226 of 272
I buy t-shirts with pockets whenever I can. It's an old habit from when I used to smoke, but small daps are a perfect fit! You can even do the pencil holder/pocket protector if you want to nerd out.
You didnt place cigs box in your shirts sleeve ?

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #232 of 272
it comes seperate to the main box but they weren't included initially anyway come to think of it and going by your fw2.0

Oh yeah I just got the player, nothing else. Although I guess at this point I'm glad I got it for less than retail and hundreds less than on ebay.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #233 of 272
Got my U8 back, sorry guys v2.7 was a myth but v2.6 is real. Unfortunately the OTA file is not on the U8 :triportsad:

IMG_20190704_214429.jpg IMG_20190704_214443.jpg IMG_20190704_215042.jpg

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #235 of 272
Actually its not a myth, this is why i was confused:

Translate this page
https://techtime.jp/colorfly-u8-2/

It also says a big update to v3.0 will be coming out

Good find. I'm still annoyed that we can't seem to get any actual information on why some of us are receiving updates and others not.

I emailed the Colorfly EU representative two days ago, asking about the v2.7 firmware and so far I've had no response. Even though that firmware may not exist, I'm still dissapointed I'm stuck on v2.4 given the fixes to the file name and sort issue in v2.6 and yet I've not received any information as to why that is.

Last time I emailed them aboutaa separate issue I got a response in less than 24hrs. Which makes me think they're possibly holding back on something, perhaps the firmware is in beta??

The VPN trick also doesn't have appeared to work, although I thought it might if I changed my IP to a Chinese one given it's predominantly a Chinese product, which might have explained the OTA update issues.

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #236 of 272
Good find. I'm still annoyed that we can't seem to get any actual information on why some of us are receiving updates and others not.

I emailed the Colorfly EU representative two days ago, asking about the v2.7 firmware and so far I've had no response. Even though that firmware may not exist, I'm still dissapointed I'm stuck on v2.4 given the fixes to the file name and sort issue in v2.6 and yet I've not received any information as to why that is.

Last time I emailed them aboutaa separate issue I got a response in less than 24hrs. Which makes me think they're possibly holding back on something, perhaps the firmware is in beta??

The VPN trick also doesn't have appeared to work, although I thought it might if I changed my IP to a Chinese one given it's predominantly a Chinese product, which might have explained the OTA update issues.

Just tried from a chinese IP but its not help me jump to 2.7

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #237 of 272
Got my U8 back, sorry guys v2.7 was a myth but v2.6 is real. Unfortunately the OTA file is not on the U8 :triportsad:

I have all those sitting settings on 2.4 but they dont fix my folder view sorting, and artist view isn't sorted by albums like usual. But it's cool there's new firmware :)

Hopefully the new firmwares will fix the pop between songs. And it would be cool to mod this little baby with a bigger capacity battery:wink:

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #238 of 272
I have all those sitting settings on 2.4 but they dont fix my folder view sorting, and artist view isn't sorted by albums like usual. But it's cool there's new firmware :)

Hopefully the new firmwares will fix the pop between songs. And it would be cool to mod this little baby with a bigger capacity battery:wink:

Default sort is now the correct default track order in albums. Not too sure what you mean with artist and folder sorting.

Jul 5, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #239 of 272
Default sort is now the correct default track order in albums. Not too sure what you mean with artist and folder sorting.

Artists sorted by albums not just a mess of songs by the artist.

M11 artist tab for Rush, every player I've used sorts artists this way.

20190705_072026.jpg

U8 artists tab for Rush

20190705_072158.jpg

And my folders contents are in alphabetical order under 'normal' sort so those are not in the right order. Only thing that is in correct order is the album sort tag. But say something isn't in order for whatever reason, I could always go to folder view and it was in the correct order, but now it's alphabetical. Not the way the actual file is sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back