News! Colorfly how a awesome new DAP!
Jul 2, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #196 of 272
That's normal from my experience. However, the update file should still be able to be transferred over, as some non music file types can still be transferred over. Is it possible you can give us the name of the file and the file format? Have you tried both zipped and unzipped?

Yes the name of the files are in the 2 error pictures I posted. One is a zip, the other an image file (unzipped). I've tried all that.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #198 of 272
Maybe they removed it or they are rolling out gradually based on serial or region. I'm uk. Try a vpn app on your phone and select a china proxy then tether it to your u8

Jul 2, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #200 of 272
Whahooo! I get to have my small flagship dap :) Thanks guys! JD8456 that zip file went right on to the internal memory :)

Weird

20190702_140414.jpg

Lol nope it's still ****ed in every category in the database and when I scroll artists it only goes to C and glitches and starts over. Even under file view everything is ****ed up. Maybe there is a virus on this thing or something.

I'm done

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #201 of 272
Whahooo! I get to have my small flagship dap :) Thanks guys! JD8456 that zip file went right on to the internal memory :)

Weird

Lol nope it's still ****ed in every category in the database and when I scroll artists it only goes to C and glitches and starts over.

I'm done

I'd factory reset after coming from 2.0. Never had that issue on 2.3 or 2.4 only the track order issue, i posted how to get round that in bulk with a tag editor. Its now fixed in the latest firmware which you guys dont seem to be able to get :/

Jul 2, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #202 of 272
I'd factory reset after coming from 2.0. Never had that issue on 2.3 or 2.4 only the track order issue, i posted how to get round that in bulk with a tag editor. Its now fixed in the latest firmware which you guys dont seem to be able to get :/

I'll try factory, can you share that firmware by chance lol

This thing is acting crazy, nothing is sorted right. I tried reset and still nothing's sorted right and now the touch pad is unresponsive lol dear lord

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #204 of 272
That might sort my issues out, the 2.7. Weird thing is after factory reset with no music on it the scroll bar works- but as soon as you load music it disables it.

Crazy

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #207 of 272
I fixed the volume slider, there was a setting to turn it on and off. :) if there is a firmware that fixes sorting I'm not giving this thing up- it sounds too damn good.

20190702_165837.jpg

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #208 of 272
Is there any way to get the 'file' view to display the tracks in the actual order instead of alphabetically? The only view where things are right is album view. Artist view is just songs strung in alphabetical order and not albums like most daps.

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #209 of 272
I fixed the volume slider, there was a setting to turn it on and off. :) if there is a firmware that fixes sorting I'm not giving this thing up- it sounds too damn good.

The update fixes it, you can choose to sort by loads of different ways. Also in the mean time if you see one of my previous posts to do a simple bulk retag and it will sort tracks into proper album order. The update was an OTA i was really surprised to see a couple of updates in quick succession as it was on 2.4 for ages before that.

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #210 of 272

Yeah i turned it off after thinking it was cool for 5 mins and then blowing my ear off just picking it up :beyersmile: also still waiting for a firmware option to skip tracks with 1 press and not 2 presses i.e taking volume off the track skip buttons altogether (wierd implementation)

I might try contacting colorfly tomorrow and ask about firmwares 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back