Newby needs advice!
Jul 26, 2011 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

2Divine

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, looking for a pair of on-ear headphones to replace by Skullcandy TiTans. 

These will be my first headset, and i want to do it right. So, im looking for a good-looking, and well insulated pair of headphones with great sound for around $75. in my search i've come between the Sennheiser hd228/218/238 and Klipsch One. Im leaning twards the hd228, but am wondering if i should splurge for the Klipsch Ones.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, along with any suggestions. Thanks

Aug 9, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi I consider myself a newby too but i guess I have a bit more experience than you. My ears aren't as sensitive as those of many people on this forum but I can tell the difference between apple earbuds and a decent pair. I don't mean to discredit myself but until you get a response from someone else, mine will be your best,
I own the Sennheiser hd238's you are looking at and I use it for my desktop at home. It has great bright sound (made even better with a portable amp) but it is open air, so putting it on does not block anything. So those are not good in anything but a quiet environment.
I have briefly tried my friend's 218's in a noisy classroom. They are comfortable and block out a fair bit of ambient noise. They sounded good but was a bit muddy at the mids.
I have never tried the 228's nor the image one's but i looked into buying the one's for my second set of cans. From what I heard, they aren't that fabulous at their 150 price range. 
All in all, these are all portable headphones great for beginners but make sure you know how much you want to get yourself into (money wise) and what you are looking for (functions). Best of luck on your hunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back