Newbie recommendations?
Sep 11, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
Well thanks to this "wallet vacuum" of a forum I´m starting to think "big time" instead of what I need...

You and me both!  "Well, if I'm going to spend this much, I might as well spend the extra money to get the better product, because I'll be saving money in the long run"  That's the logic I've been using of late.

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #17 of 19
Chaps, you can save a fortune and go second hand. Hifi tend to be looked after and ebay is a super source of second hand headphones. Only buy where there are pictures that you can clearly see the headphone and one that comes with a box tends to be in better condition again.

Sep 11, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #18 of 19
Hi,

I understand that I "could" save a fortune by going second hand. Problem is, shipping charges and customs. Here in Spain due to lack of funds VAT has been rised by 2%, from 16% to 18%. If I buy something from the US or anywhere outside the EU I will probably get stung with fees and such.

The real problem here in Spain, and the rest of EU is the stupid 1$ = 1€ conversion rate. Brand new SR225i are 199$ or less with free shipping usually in the US, here the MSRP are a dandy 230€ (252$) plus shipping, even though they can be found for 200€.

If somebody has a pair of SR225i + 1/8" jack for 150€ I´ll take them. Otherwise is best to buy them brand new with their proper warranty.

Quote:
Chaps, you can save a fortune and go second hand. Hifi tend to be looked after and ebay is a super source of second hand headphones. Only buy where there are pictures that you can clearly see the headphone and one that comes with a box tends to be in better condition again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back