Newbie PX100 impression
Dec 16, 2007 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

prosound

100+ Head-Fier
I got a piar of the famous PX100s yesterday, and decided I didn't like them that much. I did a head-to-head comparison with PX200s and realised that although I had to struggle to get a proper seal with the latter, the mids are more mellow, and there is a wider soundstage. The PX100s are genuine, but I didn't find them to be as bassy as I expected.

While it is true the 100s have more (not that much) bass than the 200s (with a proper seal), 100s sound slightly loose, compared with the 200s which produce tight and clean lows (not ER6i thin, that is). Maybe they'll improve as they burn in, but perhaps they're not my cup of tea. As even my quiet listening environment during daytime is somewhat noisy, I overally prefer the 200s and want to reverse my decision of selling them.

The more lowly and humble KCS75s don't look as fantastic, but I definitely think they're more fun.

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #2 of 6
try the HD414 pads for PX100, IMO they made PX100 more balanced, less boomy bass

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 6
I tried the PX100 about one year ago when I needed a cheap can for my work. I thought the treble was horrible although mids and bass were fine. I then bought KSC-75 and to me they sounded so much better in treble...it was laughable...the PX-100 was returned.

Dec 16, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by prosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a piar of the famous PX100s yesterday, and decided I didn't like them that much. I did a head-to-head comparison with PX200s and realised that although I had to struggle to get a proper seal with the latter, the mids are more mellow, and there is a wider soundstage. The PX100s are genuine, but I didn't find them to be as bassy as I expected.

While it is true the 100s have more (not that much) bass than the 200s (with a proper seal), 100s sound slightly loose, compared with the 200s which produce tight and clean lows (not ER6i thin, that is). Maybe they'll improve as they burn in, but perhaps they're not my cup of tea. As even my quiet listening environment during daytime is somewhat noisy, I overally prefer the 200s and want to reverse my decision of selling them.

The more lowly and humble KCS75s don't look as fantastic, but I definitely think they're more fun.

do these things need burn in????
hmmm
i just got some this week aswell

Dec 16, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #6 of 6
my PX100 sounds good out of the box, a few hours of burn in wouldn't hurt though
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back