Newbie need advice. Noise-isolating headphones for studying use.
Mar 9, 2011 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mindsg

New Head-Fier
I am looking for something with good noise isolation, but is comfortable and not too warm on the ears after a few hours. Used primarily for studying in noisy environment, and also watching movies on laptop. Preferably cheap and durable too as I am a student on a tight budget. I am currently using IEM for studying but while it works it hurts my ears after a couple of hours.

Currently considering these headphones:
Sennheiser PX 200

Awaiting your wise inputs, thanks
dft009.gif

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 4

Hello.
I had few headphones from sennheiser (HD200, PX250, PX200, and HD25 for pro recording). I recently broke a koss portapro (the limited edition is highly not recommended) It's the heavyless ever seen. Try it if you’re listening in a quiet place (oups it doesn’t exist). Now i thinking going back to the PX200 for outdoor and office listening (closed headset). The fact is the bass are very soft with PX200 instead of many headphone today like AKG K450, K460... having huge bass (reproducing club and live experience). It’s not considered as a ipod fashion headphone that’s essentially why it’s cheaper than the other. Your choice will be between K450 (warmer) and PX200 II. Take a look to the incoming Beyerdynamics headphone. They seems to sell a PX200 or PX100 like : DTX 300p.
I suggest you to buy a PX200 II because you can find it cheaper than all the other. I hope it helps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back