New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
May 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #301 of 1,364
For my country, taobao offers 5 shipping companies that ships direct from their warehouse to SG. No middle agent involved :D

Does "SG" mean San Gabriel? If so, I guess I need to get going with Taobao.

I am also very impatient when it comes to waiting. I bought my Z1 fro CkLewis Aliexpress store on 05-01-17. Currently the tracking says:

[8]Arrival at Destination Past (Country: US)

I think this means it is getting close!

Another question:
How will the Z1 do riding in my pocket while walking down the street? Does anyone find that you easily bump the volume (which would make it impractical for being mobile)? Does the hold button on the button lock the volume as well? I'm guessing that hold only locks the buttons...

May 11, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #304 of 1,364
Got my Z1. Android usb otg dac works well.
But there is problem with playing DSD64 files with frimware v0.2. At the end of the dsd track, a terrible loud noise is heard for a few seconds.
This was really scary.
:dizzy_face:

May 11, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #307 of 1,364
Does "SG" mean San Gabriel? If so, I guess I need to get going with Taobao.

I am also very impatient when it comes to waiting. I bought my Z1 fro CkLewis Aliexpress store on 05-01-17. Currently the tracking says:

[8]Arrival at Destination Past (Country: US)

I think this means it is getting close!

Another question:
How will the Z1 do riding in my pocket while walking down the street? Does anyone find that you easily bump the volume (which would make it impractical for being mobile)? Does the hold button on the button lock the volume as well? I'm guessing that hold only locks the buttons...
Ordered mine from ebay Shenlongsi on the 14th of April and I have yet to get it. Getting highly irritated. Their ad said by the 13th of May so I have a couple days yet. If it doesn't get here by then then the crap storm will be underway.

May 11, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #310 of 1,364
Got my Z1. Android usb otg dac works well.
But there is problem with playing DSD64 files with frimware v0.2. At the end of the dsd track, a terrible loud noise is heard for a few seconds.
This was really scary.
:dizzy_face:

count_floyd.gif

May 11, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #311 of 1,364

Thanks for the informative reply mate! Mind I ask how did you find the post in such a quick fashion? Is there a search function now for threads?

So it only POPs when you plug or unplug your headphones/earbuds? No pop sound when you turn it on and off?

I've been digging around in the Walnut thread, looking for the recommended parts replacements (opamps, capacitors, pots), and circuit mods - so I had a fairly good idea where I had seen the mod mentioned.

There is an audible Pop-Thump when the Z1 is switched On and Off, but it's not nearly as loud as the POP that occurs when the the earphones/earbuds are plugged / unplugged (even when the Z1 is not powered On).

May 11, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #312 of 1,364
Not that I can speak for this poster but I'm pretty sure SG is Singapore. If it did mean San Gabriel I'd be all over Taobao too with 5 day shipping!

Me too! I'd probably put together a huge order and then just drive to San Gabriel! For now, I'm just waiting for my Z1 and a bunch of other stuff.

May 11, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #314 of 1,364
@yabai unfortunately i meant Singapore like @dkfuel said lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back