1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by musicday, Apr 15, 2017.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. ozkan
    Is there different versions of Z1 like Walnut V2? I want to order one but not sure which store on AliExpress I should buy it from? Where did you get yours guys?

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. wskl
    AFAIK, there is only one version for Z1. Mine was bought from AisLu Hifi Store, same as my Walnut.

3. wskl
    I am actually experiencing the same thing on Linux, my 16/44.1 flacs are being resampled to 16/48 so no bit-perfect playback. Likewise, 24-bit files are stuck at 16/48.

4. AudioNewbi3
    I have since read around the thread and it seems like it is due to static discharge if I am not mistaken. Hopefully there will be a genius soon to solve the problem hahaha

5. SaltyGrub
    Are you f*cking kidding me? 180 settings??? Holy...

6. silverfishla
    From the specs of the DAC, it doesn't seem like there should be this limitation.
    Weird thing is, I've hooked this up via Audinirvana and got confirmation of 16/48 but another time (via sidebar) it lit up all the way to 96 (although still only confirming 16/48). I'll try to get a screenshot later...

7. bzfrank
    Beat me with fried chicken, but I can not reproduce this issue. I can plug in and out my IEMs all day long, no pop whatsoever. Thats both in use and turned off. The only thing changed to stock is the replacement of the op amp.

8. fumoffuXx
    can someone share a link for the update file? the previous link hes errors.

9. AudioNewbi3
    Mind I ask which op amp are you currently using mate?
    It would be a joy if all one needs to do is just to simply swap out opamps to prevent clicks and pops!

10. permacan
    Received a Z1 today, very pleased so far, very sweet sound from such a small (& cheap) DAP. 10 days from China to western Europe via AliExpress. Successfully updated the firmware to enable shuffle and EQ settings.

How do we change folders? I've searched here but had no luck so far, anyone?

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  11. wskl
    Pause playback, then next/prev

12. ozkan
    I wonder if we can apply this firmware on Walnut too. Has anyone tried?

13. DBaldock9
    I would make sure I have the original firmware, to reinstall - just in case the update attempt goes pear-shaped... :wink:

noknok23 likes this.
  14. noknok23
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  15. dkfuel
    I'd be quite surprised if it works because the hardware is different. For instance the Walnut V2 is also a headphone amp while the Z1 is also a USB DAC.

Different beasts are fed differently, IMHO.

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last