New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #31 of 367
  HDVD800 - no worries :)

Will bring Woo WA7, bryston BHA-1 a few schiit products and will see what else...

Awesome! The BHA-1 would surely spice things up on my end-game amp candidate list

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #32 of 367
No such thing as end game :p

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #34 of 367
  Once we get a date and venue - it might be a good idea to talk to Billy and see if Computer Lounge would be willing come and bring some of their demo gear.

I'd also like to approach someone like Shure NZ, and maybe see what other manufacturers would be interested.

I'm also supposed to be the last one in a mini tour for the Alpha Dogs - so if I still have them when the Meet is on, I could talk to Dan and see if he's OK demoing them as well.

NZTF - If I can get there, I might carefully box the LD and take it as carry on.  That would work OK.

Cheers

Paul

If my plan falls through, I should have an Alpha Dog by that time. If you still have it, then that's two for the meet. :)

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #35 of 367
Hope at least one Alpha Dog is present, another headphone I'm very keen to hear.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #38 of 367

Like Christmas, New Year, Valentines Day, Auckland Anniv, Waitangi day, the queen's birthday, and my birthday rolled into one.

LOL +1

Wow, this is exciting! (Thanks to NZheadcase for pointing me in this direction.)

I'm definitely interested, will bring along Schiit Vali, Audioquest Dragonfly v1.0, and Senn HD650.

Nice mate! Would love to hear how the Vali performs with HD800.

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #39 of 367
Wow, this is exciting! (Thanks to NZheadcase for pointing me in this direction.)

I'm definitely interested, will bring along Schiit Vali, Audioquest Dragonfly v1.0, and Senn HD650.

...and all it took to extract your third post since 2007 was a NZ meet!

Great to see you're up for it!

I'll have a Dragonfly 1.2 shortly, will be an interesting comparison.

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #41 of 367
Woohoo! The more the merrier.

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #43 of 367
So far I don't think anyone has listed the W5000 in their gear rosters, but the W3000ANV (which ended up going on Trademe) may well be there. The TH900 will be present.

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #45 of 367
Now I started to think I should have went for the GSP Solo Ultra Linear DE when getting an amp for the HD800. Quite a rare amp around here it seems, would be nice to let everyone listen to an unorthodox amp rather than "the usual suspects" of Burson, Woo etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back