New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #481 of 529
Welcome to the thread John. Hope to see you at the meet. 

BTW, great collection of IEMs you got there. Been interested in the Shure for a while now.

Are you going to make it mate?

Thanks! 

Yes I'd be keen if it's in Auckland.

Yeah the se846 are the ones that I've got most recently and so far, I can confidently say that it is my favourite iem. 

It sounds very different with different filters and ear tips though because when I first tried the demo at a store in Korea, they did not impress me (blue filters with silicon tips)

Then a while later, I saw a really good deal online and got them so I tried out different filters and ear tips and their sound signature change noticeably and I really like the se846 with the white filters and yellow foam tips.

I'm trying to order German Inear's sd4s and Japanese Fitear Parterre from Japan atm and keen to compare them to my 846.

I will PM you meet details shortly.

Reminder of the meet.

Okay,

I will be reminding this thread regularly. I want as many members to attend as possible.

Auckland Meet. Sunday July 10th. 1PM to 4-5PM.

PM me if interested. Then I can provide address details.
Lets get those numbers up.

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #483 of 529
  I should be there. Would like to bring the Glenn 300B amp + HE6, but that depends on getting the better paired 300B tubes for it (replacement CNE or backordered Taks).

Hegel HD30 DAC + V281 + modded HE6 / HD800S. That's the best solid state gear I have. Source is an Onkyo iPod dock (SPDIF) or a laptop (USB). I will bring which whichever sounds better.

Since @TonyNewman is bringing his V281, I might pass on lugging mine. :)  I'll bring the small portable stuff. Hifi-M8, ALO Pan Am, Oppo HA 2, and some cans. Maybe the TH-X00 if people are interested. 

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #484 of 529

Since @TonyNewman is bringing his V281, I might pass on lugging mine. :)  I'll bring the small portable stuff. Hifi-M8, ALO Pan Am, Oppo HA 2, and some cans. Maybe the TH-X00 if people are interested. 

All that sounds excellent. That would be great.

Okay a quick reminder on the meet.

A few points.

We have a large home. 3 lounges. I will set up rigs throughout the lounges so we all have space to breath.
My wife has organized mini tables from her school. So gear should be safe. Not easily knocked.
Power points are everywhere. However I ask that members bring any power protection or extension cords required for equipment themselves.
I will provide some snacks and non alcoholic drinks. If you would like to bring some beer etc please do.

It's gonna be fun.
gs1000.gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #485 of 529
Confirming that I will be bringing the V281, HD800S and modded HE6. Glenn 300B amp is just too much hassle to move about.

Had some horrendous DAC issues lately. Might have a surprise DAC to bring along - maybe.

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #486 of 529
Well, I just sold my LCD-X.  Will bring some iems, ATH IM-04 along with some music. 

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #488 of 529
Hey guys, sorry but it seems that I wouldn't be able to attend the mini-meet after all 
frown.gif

Have fun, and please post pictures to show me what I missed!

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #489 of 529
Not long to go now guys. 11 days to go.
popcorn.gif

For all those who are in Auckland and want to go to a HP meet. Here is your chance.
It will likely be the only meet this year. So no more asking for the next one.
tongue.gif

Auckland Meet. Sunday July 10th. 1PM to 4-5PM.

PM me if interested. Then I can provide address details.
Lets get those numbers up.

Dono
gs1000.gif

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #490 of 529
Selling my V200, $500 on trademe. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1115222819

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #491 of 529
^
If it is not sold bring it to the meet. I would like another listen.

Meet next weekend guys. Not long to go.

Numbers are low. So if you are keen to listen to some great gear contact me.

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #493 of 529
  I'll come by, although I've drastically downsized since last meet. I will only have a PM-3, and Flare R2A as my GoV2 is in for the upgrade to Go2A.

Excellent. See you on Sunday.
gs1000.gif

Jul 3, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #494 of 529
Guys,

Last week to reserve a spot.

Auckland Meet this Sunday

1PM to 4-5PM

PM me if interested.

Some of the gear on show.

Plus much more
gs1000.gif
beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #495 of 529
My Onkyo HA200 failed, but I'll try to grab a DACHA300 on Saturday to replace it. In addition to my Pro-Ject rig and Nighthawks I'll bring these Yamaha cannons. Remarkable clarity and dynamics for cans with such a great bass response and the treble doesn't hurt my ears at higher SPLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back