1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. 62ohm
    Good to hear that Paul, I'll be looking forward to finally meet you in person [​IMG]

Depending on how I feel next month, I may put both of my DACs (Metrum Octave Mk.1 & Benchmark DAC1-USB) on sale as I *might* want to downsize my system a bit and use some sort of FiiO or A&K DAP as my DAC instead (and of course, as a portable DAP).

2. Brooko Contributor
    If you haven't heard it yet, you need to spend some time with the iFi iDSD Riz.

I'll bring mine.  If it impresses you, I can leave it behind for a couple of weeks for a decent trial.

3. 62ohm
    Also looking forward to it, always am keen to try out new gear [​IMG] ​

4. Badas
    I've been talking to Paul at AVworld and they want to bring the Oppo line. Can someone please contact them or myself so they can book a space?

5. NZtechfreak

I will be contacting them. I already had a offer from another store to show Oppo gears, so I'm just seeking confirmation from them about whether they are definitely coming. AV World tried to smear the headphone meet in Trademe auction comments last year, initially without declaring who they were, so it's fair to say they're not in my best graces.

They are welcome to contact me too of course, either here or on the Trademe auction, or at headphonz.org

6. Badas

Fair enough. I will leave it at that.

7. NZtechfreak

Great!

Also, I think you are the person who contacted me on Facebook, so many thanks for that - it looks like we may have the ZMF Headphones range shipped over to us for the meet thanks to you!

8. NZtechfreak

Oh man, can't to hear the WA5 again - really enjoyed auditioning it in Melbourne earlier in the year and I think it may well be in my future...

9. Aiyah

Yes,that was me. I've been meaning to buy a ZMF or other T50RP mod of some variety and I noticed that there were no T50RP mods so I thought it'd be interesting for both me and others. Thanks for organising this. I can imagine it's a ton of work. If you need any help just let me know.

10. NZtechfreak
    Great news all, have had an email back from Zach at ZMF Headphones, and he will indeed be sending his headphones over for the meet.

11. Badas
    I went to AV world this morning. They are keen to bring and show a lot. Including the new Audioquest nighthawk which I went over to listen to.

Might be worth while contacting them.

12. NZtechfreak

I've not had confirmation from the other outfit interested in showing the Oppo range, so will certainly be contacting them. Would be good to have the Nighthawk along, Enigma Acoustics NZ dealer will be coming, but not sure if they will have the Dharma in time. Would really be quite a coup to have the Ether, Nighthawk and Dharma along!

13. Aiyah
    How 

How is it? Worth the outlay?

14. Badas

I'm impressed. It has a Audeze sound. Detail kings might be disappointed. Very light. Well made. Insane bass, nice soundstage. Treble seemed recessed. It might have been what I was listening to.

I was also given a demo of DTS X. Damn that channel seperation was fantastic. If they can put this out for music recordings they could be on to something. It had the holographic effect that tubes make from a solid state amp.

15. NZtechfreak
    I'll be interested to hear it, but 'Audeze' sound, lower resolving power and recessed treble doesn't really run to my tastes!

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.