New Xin Reference Amp by Dr. Xin !!!
May 24, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #196 of 559
Well I going to keep it burning in on a portable radio signal. It keeps getting better and better now after going up and down for the first 80 hours or so.

May 24, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #197 of 559
Can't wait for:

the Reference to have the extensive 400-500 hr burn in so the impressions and comparisons can be carved in head-fi annals.

Micro owners to start selling theirs to fund for the Reference. That way, we fishes wouldnt have to wait in que waiting for 4 months more or less. I also hope the awesome Dr. Xin will be able to build as much Reference units before availability so the future orders wont have as much wait list as the previous models. The fact alone that some members already recieved their Reference means that the doctor already built a number of units so this sounds very promising for future orders.

From the initial impressions above, sounds like the amp is geared more towards warmth and low frequencies while the Micro is on the leaner more dynamic side? So if my cans and music preferences are more on the mids and highs, is it better for me to just go with the Micro? I'm glad the older Xin line isnt outdated yet. One of the things I get scared about on a new product announcement is the outdating of the older products. But then again, that's an integral part of technology development. And 'development' is Dr. Xin's middle name.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #198 of 559
As Jamato recently posted in those who waiting thread, SUPERMINI is getting unduly less notice. I have received newest version of SUPERMINI and I would say it is the best protable around for its features, size, sound and feel. It has ver open, clear and balanced sound with very impressive soundstage; the signature of all xin amps!
I used various opamps with it and now have settles for LM4562 and LMH6643 till I get EL8201 as recommended by Dr. Xin for its warm sound.

May 24, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #199 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You gonna have to wait for MrArroyo and Jamato's impression. Those two damned lucky buggers have somewhat became Dr. Xin's beta tester
etysmile.gif
icon10.gif

Unfortunately, neither of them seem to own the Etys
frown.gif
I'm not concerned if the amp can last 200 hours (not needed for me), as well as if it's can drive very demanding headphones. Those features definitely make the amp worthwhile. However, I am concerned about synergy. As you have said yourself as well as a few others, the SuperMicro IV + ER-4S are perfect for each other. Now, I'm just wondering if the Reference creates a better synergy with it, or if it's more appropriate for a different headphone.

May 24, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #200 of 559
exuse me for being dumb, but seriusly, where is this amp ^^? dont se it on his site? how do you guys order it? thought about buying the micro, but mayby better to go with this one... thx !

May 24, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #201 of 559
I don't think production is going yet. There are a few beta amps and I assume it will be up soon.

May 24, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #202 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by frekvens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
exuse me for being dumb, but seriusly, where is this amp ^^? dont se it on his site? how do you guys order it? thought about buying the micro, but mayby better to go with this one... thx !

It has recently been introduced and only shipped out to a few people. It isn't "officially" for sale yet. But if I were you, I would place my order for the Micro for now, and then change it to the Reference amp later, considering it will take about 3 months to get to you. The earlier in line, the better
tongue.gif

May 24, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #205 of 559
Raphael,
On Saturday mrarroyo and I are getting together to listen to his Reference and my micro. I will bring my ETY 4's and let you know how they sound with the Reference.

May 24, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #206 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Raphael,
On Saturday mrarroyo and I are getting together to listen to his Reference and my micro. I will bring my ETY 4's and let you know how they sound with the Reference.

Will the two of you be comparing the Reference to your current stable of portables as well?

May 24, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #207 of 559
Some of them. TTVJ Millet Hybrid, SR-71, Larocco PRII Mark II, Tomahawk, Porta Corda III.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back