NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 19, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #241 of 534
Xduoo X10 mk2 (X10 II ) ESS9018, like X20

DeGj77fU8AAmE2w.jpg

DeGj77gU8AA3CXe.jpg

Interesting.

I was about to buy the X3II instead of the X20 because I find the front buttons more convenient, until I saw this...

Any info regarding the launch date and specs? Seems like a X20 without the balanced output.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #242 of 534
1. What is the improvement in sound compared to the orginal x10? - sound completely different. Looks like X20
2. Does it have the no-gapless-playback? - gapless on/off function
3. Does it have the playback speed error?
- no error!

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #245 of 534
99% works great, really appreciate the 30k change (my 256gb card currently has 22,500 tracks)

One issue though, I'm trying to manually build playlists, have tried a few different formats (based on X3 (original) rockboxed playlists) and various emails with xduoo's help desk. none work.

It will see the m3u8 files, it "sees" the list of music (in directories on the tf card) , but when you try to play anything, it says "Play failed, No Files"

could you provide the layout the m3u8 files need to be in?
Hi .. the easiest way to build playlist in x3ii is by connecting the dap via hibylink qnd create the playlist from your mobile .. u can even name ur playlist via hibylink

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #246 of 534
Hi .. the easiest way to build playlist in x3ii is by connecting the dap via hibylink qnd create the playlist from your mobile .. u can even name ur playlist via hibylink
Though I have lot of things against xduoo, one thing I really miss about the old xduoo is the ergonomics. Forget the looks. It was the most ergonomic device I have ever used. My current AK70 is nowhere close. I could easily operate the x3 without taking it out of the pocket due to its large space between buttons. Also buttons were shaped. So buttons has its importance in portable world. I really dont understand the current trend of making it unusably tiny like the Shanling m0 where its even more difficult than using a smart phone and it only offers just a tiny bit of improvement over a smart phones audio in most cases. Though I dont like xduoo, its hard to deny the package they provide at the price. I think I am going for them again for the 3rd time, hope again its not for another rant! How does it sound with tin audio t2?

Aug 28, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #247 of 534
Though I have lot of things against xduoo, one thing I really miss about the old xduoo is the ergonomics. Forget the looks. It was the most ergonomic device I have ever used. My current AK70 is nowhere close. I could easily operate the x3 without taking it out of the pocket due to its large space between buttons. Also buttons were shaped. So buttons has its importance in portable world. I really dont understand the current trend of making it unusably tiny like the Shanling m0 where its even more difficult than using a smart phone and it only offers just a tiny bit of improvement over a smart phones audio in most cases. Though I dont like xduoo, its hard to deny the package they provide at the price. I think I am going for them again for the 3rd time, hope again its not for another rant! How does it sound with tin audio t2?

It sometimes has to do with circuit placement. As much as companies would prefer to put a switch here or button right there, they have a million other components and their respective traces to fit on the valuable real estate that is a circuit board. So compromises are made, especially when real estate keeps shrinking due to bigger screens, more components (Bluetooth stuff, etc), and larger batteries.

Your comments about the original x3s ergonomics are so true. It’s one of the main reasons why I use mine above all of my other DAPs.

Aug 28, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #248 of 534
Absolutely .. Ergonomics was my prime reason i chose xduoo x3ii over m0 and other touchscreen daps .. i commute in bus almost 4 hrs a day and i use to operate this player in my half sleep state conveniently from my pocket

Aug 28, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #249 of 534
Absolutely .. Ergonomics was my prime reason i chose xduoo x3ii over m0 and other touchscreen daps .. i commute in bus almost 4 hrs a day and i use to operate this player in my half sleep state conveniently from my pocket
The first x3 was more ergonomic if you look at the layout though I don't think anyone would say it is beautiful. After x3 gen 1, I moved to x10 , then fiio x5ii, and now have a AK. To me the first gen x3 wins the ergonomic award with a large margin to spare between the second competitor. :wink: like your case if the bus is crowded then you will know the value to a button layout like that. I am thinking of getting it again as a second device. A big thumbs down to all daps which are trying to become a smartphone . To me in a dap, the priority goes like this 1. Sounds better than my phone(must- otherwise everything else is pointless) as I have a 128gb is enough for my entire library. 2. Battery at least 9 hours so that it serves a long flight. I can charge after a 4 hour break! 3. Ergonomics - should be operable without looking at it. 4. Everything else!

Sep 3, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #250 of 534
Sorry but could anyone try to compare the sound of the original Xduoo x3 to the x3ii? I know they have different dac chips, I currently bought the audio-technica ath-60x's and find them a bit piercing when running them off my iPod gen 3 (not the case running them off the R2R-11), I haven't been able to find a comparison between the x3 and the x3ii and I've also found different opinions about their dacs (cs4398 in the original and ak4490 in the ii version). The original is hard to find now and I like the fact I can see the artwork in the ii gen, plus battery lasts longer?
Any input would be appreciated :dt880smile: Thanks.

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #251 of 534
Can xduoo x3ii be rockboxed?

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #253 of 534
Here we go:
- Custom firmware v1.0 with Rockbox for xDuoo X3ii: here
- Custom firmware v1.2 with Rockbox for xDuoo X20: here
Unpack update.upt to the SD card and flash as usual. That's it.
You can choose between the stock player and the rockbox at boot.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #254 of 534
Here we go:
- Custom firmware v1.0 with Rockbox for xDuoo X3ii: here
- Custom firmware v1.2 with Rockbox for xDuoo X20: here
Unpack update.upt to the SD card and flash as usual. That's it.
You can choose between the stock player and the rockbox at boot.
Enjoy.

Thank you for the effort!

Rockbox works fine for an early build on the X20, hope it gets better with time. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back