NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 9, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #256 of 534
OK, so I'm on board with an X20, .... ordered and should be with me on Tues.

This is my first DAP (apart from my phone), so a question ... how should I format the Micro-SD card ? Is there a 'best way' to store the music on the card ... does it need to go under a /Music folder or anything like that ?

Any help would be welcome.

Sep 9, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #257 of 534
OK, so I'm on board with an X20, .... ordered and should be with me on Tues.

This is my first DAP (apart from my phone), so a question ... how should I format the Micro-SD card ? Is there a 'best way' to store the music on the card ... does it need to go under a /Music folder or anything like that ?

Any help would be welcome.

What size card are you going to use? If you're going to use a large card (128GB, 256GB, 512GB, etc), I would recommend formatting it FAT32 for the most compatibility.

Sep 10, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #258 of 534
What size card are you going to use? If you're going to use a large card (128GB, 256GB, 512GB, etc), I would recommend formatting it FAT32 for the most compatibility.

@Slater Thank-you ... I intend a 128Gb. Does the music have to be stored in any particular way ? Currently, on my NAS, I have Music(Root)/Artist/Album/Track + Cover Art

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #259 of 534
@Slater Thank-you ... I intend a 128Gb. Does the music have to be stored in any particular way ? Currently, on my NAS, I have Music(Root)/Artist/Album/Track + Cover Art

That should be fine. That’s exactly how I always organize all of my music.

Note that I don’t have the x20 though, but I don’t see any reason why xduoo did it any differently on the x20 than any of their other DAPs.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #264 of 534
Getting used to my first DAP, an X20 ... initial impressions are that it's better than I was expecting, especially at the price point of €259 sourced in France. Been playing some acoustic jazz ... my usual genre. I come from a full-size headphone set-up and sound from the X20 has less body and heft (to be expected), it's a bit brighter than I'm used to with good detail but no harshness even on higher freq chords on piano ... which are notoriously difficult to reproduce well, IMO. Double-Bass has reasonable extension and drums have a more than adequate slam... both with good detail. Paired with Massdrop 58X headphones, this player works well ... I'm not a lover of IEM's but that's perhaps because I haven't tried any good quality ones. The 58X will do fine. I will also try a pair of Bose QC35 that I have.

I also wasn't expecting a case to be included (I thought it was an extra) so that was a pleasant surprise.

All in all, a good player, nicely designed, good sound and bags of functionality which I have yet to explore. Being able to stream QOBUZ from my iPhone is a big plus for me.

Nice one XDUOO !

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #265 of 534
Here we go:
- Custom firmware v1.0 with Rockbox for xDuoo X3ii: here
- Custom firmware v1.2 with Rockbox for xDuoo X20: here
Unpack update.upt to the SD card and flash as usual. That's it.
You can choose between the stock player and the rockbox at boot.
Enjoy.
wow, looking excellent.
running the x20 version.
one thing, balanced output doesn't seem to work (volume is extremely low, and turning it up high enough to hear something gives a lot of distortion). is that a limitation in rockbox or just something to be ironed out still?

Sep 12, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #267 of 534
Balanced output should work nice. Did you insert the headphones prior powering up/load the player?
I guess I didn't cause that just did the trick. Thanks!

Sep 13, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #268 of 534
earlier today i tried to tinker with rockbox themes/backgrounds but i can't find the .rockbox folder. ^_^;
i suppose it's in the player's internal memory but i don't know how to access that...

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #269 of 534
earlier today i tried to tinker with rockbox themes/backgrounds but i can't find the .rockbox folder. ^_^;
i suppose it's in the player's internal memory but i don't know how to access that...

I assume it is stored on your memory card, not the internal device. It does depend on the device though - on the xduoo X3 it’s all on the memory card and only the boot loader is installed on the device. On the iPod, it’s all on the device.

Anyways, regardless of where it’s stored, be sure to enable hidden file viewing on your OS to see any of the Rockbox files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back