New WESTONE W-SERIES
Apr 15, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #1,217 of 1,383
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #1,218 of 1,383
Has anyone tested the B30 and B50 yet? I hope there's a comparison between them and the um 30 pro. I'm looking for an iem with the same fast and aggressive bass response. I hope the B30 is the answer to this with a newer experience and a slightly wider sound stage.

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #1,219 of 1,383
Has anyone tested the B30 and B50 yet? I hope there's a comparison between them and the um 30 pro. I'm looking for an iem with the same fast and aggressive bass response. I hope the B30 is the answer to this with a newer experience and a slightly wider sound stage.

Full review is done and in queue to be released toward the end of next week :wink:

westone_b-series-22.jpg westone_b-series-23.jpg

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #1,220 of 1,383
Full review is done and in queue to be released toward the end of next week :wink:

Sweet! Can't wait to read your thoughts on these. I wonder if the B30's enhanced bass response is closer to the um 30 pro's tight and punchy signature. I hope it is not closer to the first gen's W50s or W60s e.g (slower-dynamic driver kindda bass).

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #1,221 of 1,383
Sweet! Can't wait to read your thoughts on these. I wonder if the B30's enhanced bass response is closer to the um 30 pro's tight and punchy signature. I hope it is not closer to the first gen's W50s or W60s e.g (slower-dynamic driver kindda bass).

Though W30/W50 transformed into B30 and B50, I still think they belong in W-series thread, for now :wink: I will post this review on Head-fi soon as well, probably will start a separate thread so it will be easier to find this combined review. For now, here is my REVIEW of Westone latest B30 and B50. Enjoy the read!

westone_b-series-00.jpg

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #1,222 of 1,383
Though W30/W50 transformed into B30 and B50, I still think they belong in W-series thread, for now :wink: I will post this review on Head-fi soon as well, probably will start a separate thread so it will be easier to find this combined review. For now, here is my REVIEW of Westone latest B30 and B50. Enjoy the read!

Maybe I should grab a discontinued W30 and stash them away for a backup before they are all gone! I've tried multiple times to replace them and I just keep coming back to them.

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #1,223 of 1,383
Maybe I should grab a discontinued W30 and stash them away for a backup before they are all gone! I've tried multiple times to replace them and I just keep coming back to them.

Have you tried UM Pro 30 2nd gen? That's as close as you would come, and new UM Pro shells are quite comfortable.

Jun 9, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #1,225 of 1,383
Surprised they didn't do this two years ago.

Would be admitting there's something wrong with the design though. Plus it's something they can include and charge for on the newer models. I miss the days of the old westone w2 and 3 :frowning2: Good sound at reasonable prices.

Jun 9, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #1,226 of 1,383
Would be admitting there's something wrong with the design though. Plus it's something they can include and charge for on the newer models. I miss the days of the old westone w2 and 3 :frowning2: Good sound at reasonable prices.

Enough people commented on the plates to show this wasn't a case of a few being too heavy handed. The new W60 v2 are more expensive than the original (which are often reduced now). I'm sure the technology justifies the price but I won't be rushing to upgrade, plus i'm still enjoying the first version.

There comes a point where you learn to be happy with what you've got.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #1,227 of 1,383
Enough people commented on the plates to show this wasn't a case of a few being too heavy handed. The new W60 v2 are more expensive than the original (which are often reduced now). I'm sure the technology justifies the price but I won't be rushing to upgrade, plus i'm still enjoying the first version.

There comes a point where you learn to be happy with what you've got.

The only cure from upgraditis decease is to unsub from all audio forums, cut down on temptations :D

With W60 v2 it's the same price as the original v1, $1k. But you are right, you can score some great deals if you find original on clearance. The only thing, W40 and W60 have been retuned, but as long as you prefer the original sound you can save $. The best deal if you can find the original W80 for under $1k. When v2s were introduced, I could have swear I seen some sweet deals on the original W80. There, you get the same sound tuning and can pick up metal clips later, regardless of the bluetooth cable.

Jun 9, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #1,228 of 1,383
The only cure from upgraditis decease is to unsub from all audio forums, cut down on temptations :D

With W60 v2 it's the same price as the original v1, $1k. But you are right, you can score some great deals if you find original on clearance. The only thing, W40 and W60 have been retuned, but as long as you prefer the original sound you can save $. The best deal if you can find the original W80 for under $1k. When v2s were introduced, I could have swear I seen some sweet deals on the original W80. There, you get the same sound tuning and can pick up metal clips later, regardless of the bluetooth cable.

I'm not ready to bow out just yet, or fold like in a game of cards where I doubt my hand :relieved:.

I am tempted by the V2 Twister, such is my admiration for the original. But they're full retail as they've just been released, I'll have to wait as what would I do with my recently purchased V1's? Also I don't need a blue tooth cable.
Someone said they couldn't hear a difference between the W60's and W80's, taking that with a pinch of salt, this new version must be very close to the W80? Also W80 is the only model they haven't tweaked, this must be because they're happy with the original tuning?

W60 V2 Vs ES60?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #1,229 of 1,383
I'm not ready to bow out just yet, or fold like in a game of cards where I doubt my hand :relieved:.

I am tempted by the V2 Twister, such is my admiration for the original. But they're full retail as they've just been released, I'll have to wait as what would I do with my recently purchased V1's? Also I don't need a blue tooth cable.
Someone said they couldn't hear a difference between the W60's and W80's, taking that with a pinch of salt, this new version must be very close to the W80? Also W80 is the only model they haven't tweaked, this must be because they're happy with the original tuning?

W60 V2 Vs ES60?

W60 v2 vs ES60, that is a good question, hmm, surprised I didn't try this comparison before. You can hear a difference, for sure, but the gap is closing when it comes to sound sig. Very similar bass extension and impact, mids are still a little more transparent in ES60 while W60-2 is a little fuller (I hear more body, but not by a lot), and also W60-2 has a little more sparkle in treble. The more noticeable difference is in the soundstage being wider in ES60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back