New WESTONE W-SERIES
Oct 12, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #1,082 of 1,383
Update:
I've been contacted by a person in charge from Westone. Hopefully my cable issue be resolved.

I was positively surprised to get this message from Westone offering help as well as enquiring about the nature of the problem.
It's a sign that they care and want to listen to their customers. I am a bit more hopeful about their future now:)

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #1,083 of 1,383
  Update:
I've been contacted by a person in charge from Westone. Hopefully my cable issue be resolved.

I was positively surprised to get this message from Westone offering help as well as enquiring about the nature of the problem.
It's a sign that they care and want to listen to their customers. I am a bit more hopeful about their future now:)

Not surprised. I've only had positive experience with their customer service.

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #1,085 of 1,383
  I tried removing the epic cable but the connector is still stuck inside. Anyone had this issue before? How should I remove it now? Thanks in advance.

Call westone and see what they suggest as I would probably send it back to them and have them remove it so I could put a new cable on it.

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #1,086 of 1,383
Yep, exactly the same thing happened to the epic cable on my UM Pro 50 (the third issue I had within the space of a few months).

How new or old are your W40? Westone did have a LOT of problems with their cable connectors, but I thought they'd finally got round to sorting the issues.

If your W40 is still in warranty, don't try removing it. Get in touch with Westone, send them the photo you've uploaded here, and ask for a warranty replacement.

If it's out of warranty you'll just have to try removing the male connector yourself with a small pair of pliers or tweezers.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,088 of 1,383
  My W40 is less than a year old. I called Westone and they will take care of the repair. 

Was trying to swap the cable to the Westone bluetooth cable and this happened.

I'm sure they will send you a replacement Epic cable as well.  Chime in later with your impressions about BT cable pair up!

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,089 of 1,383
Talked a while to westone about the problem with the cable connector breaking off. It is good it is still under warranty. They did state they have had issues with these cables and mousture almost glueing the connectors together. If this happens and you are not careful how you remove the cable by the connector with a wigle and not by pulling on the cable as this can lead to seperation of the cable connector. I guess its a good reason to keep some sort of desiccant in the same container we store our iems in. They did say while itnis under warranty you will get a brand new pair.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,090 of 1,383
Talked a while to westone about the problem with the cable connector breaking off. It is good it is still under warranty. They did state they have had issues with these cables and mousture almost glueing the connectors together. If this happens and you are not careful how you remove the cable by the connector with a wigle and not by pulling on the cable as this can lead to seperation of the cable connector. I guess its a good reason to keep some sort of desiccant in the same container we store our iems in. They did say while itnis under warranty you will get a brand new pair.

Not just with Westone, but with all of my mmcx based IEMs, I actually made it a habit to turn the cable to "loosen it up" before disconnecting it.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #1,091 of 1,383
  I tried removing the epic cable but the connector is still stuck inside. Anyone had this issue before? How should I remove it now? Thanks in advance.

Something very similar happened to my W30.
I hope I'll get the replacement from Westone. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,092 of 1,383
  Something very similar happened to my W30.
I hope I'll get the replacement from Westone. 

If it is under warranty you will get a replacement.

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #1,094 of 1,383

If it is under warranty you will get a replacement.

The store told me (on the phone so they haven't seen the cable) that it will be considered as a physical damage so the warranty does not apply. Fortunately a person from Westone contacted me and offered help. Hopefully I will get the replacement. I'll report back.

Oct 24, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,095 of 1,383
Good news:) Westone honored my warranty and sent me a new cable. I am impressed with their service. 

On this occasion I would like to share a few impressions from comparing the replacement FiiO-RC-WT2 cable I've used with my W30 in the recent 3 months to the original Westone epic cable.

In short the original cable is definitely better in sound quality and comfort. It captures subtleties/details of the sound of W30 that the FiiO couldn't fully do. FiiO sometimes sounds a bit harsh and not as well-balanced. With FiiO cable my W30 sounds a bit too aggressive for me.

As for the comfort, Westone cable is pleasantly flexible - it feels gentle and nice around ears and it doesn't come off the ears like the stiffer FiiO cable sometimes does.
In general FiiO cable is very good too (and it's cheaper), but for me the original Westone epic cable is a must to be able to experience the full potential of W30's great sound and comfort.

Thanks Westone. I am staying with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back