New WESTONE W-SERIES
Mar 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #197 of 1,383
I don't think anyone has bought W20 here yet.  Earphone Solutions told me it was significantly improved over W2.  I would send them an email asking them for a comparison between W20 and W3.   They will certainly reply with some good feedback.

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #198 of 1,383
  Thanks for that. I'll look in too those as well. 

Anyone using the Nexus 5 with the W40? Is $499.99 the standard price all across? 

Is this site legitimate?

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/westone-w40.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=westone-w40&gclid=CPujq7G1jr0CFW1nOgodoUQAYQ

With any order of $200 + you get free pair of IEMs

yup its legit, bought my um1s from them years ago, they sent it with warranty and stuff, but i've never heard of them giving out iems for orders over $200 though...

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #200 of 1,383
How are these in comparison to the Shure SE846? 

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #201 of 1,383
Wow, VERY impressed with Westone customer support.  After 3+ months of using my W40, I noticed a little crack on one of the replaceable faceplates.  I mean, it's not a big deal and you get 3 pairs in different color anyway.  But my setup was black on the Left side and red on the Right side.  I contacted them on Sunday by filling out email form on their webpage, I got reply on Monday asking for more details (proof of purchase and pictures), and already got confirmation today (Tuesday) they are sending a replacement pair.

I'm very impressed!!!

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #203 of 1,383
  Wow, VERY impressed with Westone customer support.  After 3+ months of using my W40, I noticed a little crack on one of the replaceable faceplates.  I mean, it's not a big deal and you get 3 pairs in different color anyway.  But my setup was black on the Left side and red on the Right side.  I contacted them on Sunday by filling out email form on their webpage, I got reply on Monday asking for more details (proof of purchase and pictures), and already got confirmation today (Tuesday) they are sending a replacement pair.

I'm very impressed!!!

Good to know. I am looking to buy the W40 soon as well. Where did you get yours from?

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #204 of 1,383
  Wouldn't the SE846 be a lot better than W40, because those are 6 drivers and $1,000.00 a fair comparison would be Westone W60 whenever those come out. 

That is correct, you want to compare apples to apples.  Though I never heard anything beyond 4 drivers, I haven't read any convincing reviews where people say extra two drivers for an additional $500 make a big difference in sound.  If W40 sound signature fits your taste - it's as good as it gets :)

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #205 of 1,383

Good to know. I am looking to buy the W40 soon as well. Where did you get yours from?

Yeah, I was very surprised how fast they handled the claim.  I got mine from Westone directly.

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #206 of 1,383
  Wouldn't the SE846 be a lot better than W40, because those are 6 drivers and $1,000.00 a fair comparison would be Westone W60 whenever those come out. 

I believe the Shure SE846 also has 4 drivers?

The W60 does have 6 drivers I believe.

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #207 of 1,383
  I believe the Shure SE846 also has 4 drivers?

The W60 does have 6 drivers I believe.

Uh, you're right.  Sorry, I didn't even look it up before replying to the post :)  So, SE846 is a quad driver vs W60 with 6 drivers, and each cost $1000.  Sounds like W60 is a better value lol!!!  But seriously, I have no idea how people evaluating IEMs beyond quad driver models.  Can you even hear the difference?

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #208 of 1,383

I'm very impressed!!!

At these prices of headphones it should be a rather normal thing.

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #209 of 1,383
One would hope; alas other companies are not so kind. One time Earsonics tried to charge me for repairs when my SM3 literally fell apart in my hands about a month after I bought it.
At these prices of headphones it should be a rather normal thing.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #210 of 1,383
It really has nothing to do with the price of the item.  I'm not saying twister6 did anything to his W40 and I'm not referring to him, but I would say...generally...people are lazy and don't really take good care of their stuff after the first few days.  Misuse and abuse is common and the IEM company needs to be smart and prudent about how they handle "problems."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back