New Vsonic VS Series
Jul 10, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #137 of 183
short version is that VS7 is more warm, large fun bass and the top end sounds a bit subdued in comparison, but i don't think the top end is compromised either.
GR09 is like GR07 Bass Edition ++. Generally keeps the same sound but with a low end that digs lower. It's more what I would call tight bass. No slow lingering decay etc. Do not notice any sharp highs like in GR07.
Totally different to GR07 37th Ed (I remember reading somewhere - possibly this thread - that GR09 is GR07 37th but improved)
Generally I prefer the GR09, but VS7 is fun for watching movies etc or music with strong lows. eg jazz is great on VS7.

Hope that helps!
So VS7 = more V-shaped and with mids it's probably GR09 > VS7?

I do own the GR09 and they're pretty great.

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #139 of 183
I'd probably agree with Crinacle, esp 1st and 3rd points. So probably not V shaped exactly, more what sounds like elevated bass (relative to GR07/bass) but what sounds like relatively laid-back/dampened/veiled/you-favorite-synonym-here not-bass.

To me GR09 represents a nicer overall sound...

Bass - VS7 more quantity
Everything aside from bass - GR09 is nicer.

Now ... just need someone to post impressions on the VS9 ;D

From Crinacle:
  • Relatively flat and balanced type of signature though with subdued treble, making for a laidback listen
  • The sibilance issue in the GR07 (if you ever had it in the first place, I haven’t myself) is rectified in the VS7
  • Seems that VSonic has gone too far with dampening the treble, also resulting in suppressed upper mids alongside the treble which kills a lot of energy as well as definition

So VS7 = more V-shaped and with mids it's probably GR09 > VS7?

I do own the GR09 and they're pretty great.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #141 of 183
Slowly making my way back from my audio hiatus and learned about the VS7. I love the Original GR07 - this purchase was a no brainer.

The guy from LMUE mentioned that VSonic has already discontinued the matte black color - I got a matte silver (grey) instead!

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #142 of 183
Matte Grey
20190724_223430a.jpg

Immediately changed to SpinFits
20190724_225326a.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #143 of 183
Hey everyone, I saw the VS9 on amazon from the same vsonic official store that I posted earlier with the VS7. The black / blue VS9 was $129 which is the same price as the VS7 with free returns so I figured I had to try to them out.
VS9 link (only one in stock as of posting): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T582B8G/

I have the detachable cable VSD3 red / blue version so that's what I'll be comparing them too. I love my VSD3's and have bought 3 replacement cables because I love them so much. I'm not a headphone connoisseur so I don't know too much but I believe these are pretty v shaped as the bass and vocals are pretty emphasized and the bigger bass was one of my favorite parts about these. I actually rarely use iems anymore and mostly use my desktop speaker setup of KEF LS50s or my HD6XXs but wanted a replacement to my aging VSD3s for when I'm out and about. They were also extremely comfortable and I could wear them for hours without noticing any ear fatigue. Unfortunately I never tried the much loved GR07s so I can't compare to those either.

For the VS9's I think they are more neutral than the VSD3's. The bass is still there but cleaner and more subdued which I think I like more after listening to the VS9's for a few hours now. I think there is more separation between the instruments, vocals, etc. too. The highs or at least the vocals are a bit less pronounced as well leading to me thinking they are more flat compared to the VSD3. Vocals and bass sounded a bit too far recessed initially going from the VSD3 but after listening for a while it sounds more balanced and I think I like it better now. I think these would give a great representation of what the original track should sound like.

As a side note I demoed the Shure SE535 and thought those were one of the worst headphones I've ever heard while the SE846 were the best iems I've heard. My ranking would go SE846 > VS9 > VSD3 >> SE535 which isn't too shocking given the price on the SE846s.

Pros:
Same price as the VS7 and on prime with free returns right now
Love the blue / black combo
Amazing, clean, separated sound
Better sound isolation than the VSD3 even with the bigger overall size of the VS9
Just as comfy in the ear as the smaller VSD3

Cons:
Cable feels really, really cheap and flimsy. I can't think of a worse cable. I will for sure be getting a new cable if I keep these
No headphone controls on the cable
Wrap around ear cable portion feels very weird and I can't get it to adjust correctly. Ends up hurting my ears after a while

Overall I really love the sound but will need to figure out a new cable asap as that's really my only complaint. The eartips are fine, just leaving the iems without the cables in my ears feels fine, the appearance is great, sound is great, but that cable... If anyone has suggestions please let me know!

Not sure how to embed the photos but here they are: https://imgur.com/a/VO8t5k6

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #144 of 183
I saw the VS9 on amazon from the same vsonic official store that I posted earlier with the VS7. The black / blue VS9 was $129.

Is this amazon seller legit? "Just launched | No feedback yet"

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #146 of 183
Man what a steal at $129. Pity LendMeUrEars don't have that deal on their main website! Amazon US can't ship it to AU haha

Hey everyone, I saw the VS9 on amazon from the same vsonic official store that I posted earlier with the VS7. The black / blue VS9 was $129 which is the same price as the VS7 with free returns so I figured I had to try to them out.
VS9 link (only one in stock as of posting): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T582B8G/

I have the detachable cable VSD3 red / blue version so that's what I'll be comparing them too. I love my VSD3's and have bought 3 replacement cables because I love them so much. I'm not a headphone connoisseur so I don't know too much but I believe these are pretty v shaped as the bass and vocals are pretty emphasized and the bigger bass was one of my favorite parts about these. I actually rarely use iems anymore and mostly use my desktop speaker setup of KEF LS50s or my HD6XXs but wanted a replacement to my aging VSD3s for when I'm out and about. They were also extremely comfortable and I could wear them for hours without noticing any ear fatigue. Unfortunately I never tried the much loved GR07s so I can't compare to those either.

For the VS9's I think they are more neutral than the VSD3's. The bass is still there but cleaner and more subdued which I think I like more after listening to the VS9's for a few hours now. I think there is more separation between the instruments, vocals, etc. too. The highs or at least the vocals are a bit less pronounced as well leading to me thinking they are more flat compared to the VSD3. Vocals and bass sounded a bit too far recessed initially going from the VSD3 but after listening for a while it sounds more balanced and I think I like it better now. I think these would give a great representation of what the original track should sound like.

As a side note I demoed the Shure SE535 and thought those were one of the worst headphones I've ever heard while the SE846 were the best iems I've heard. My ranking would go SE846 > VS9 > VSD3 >> SE535 which isn't too shocking given the price on the SE846s.

Pros:
Better sound isolation than the VSD3 even with the bigger overall size of the VS9

Cons:
Cable feels really, really cheap and flimsy. I can't think of a worse cable. I will for sure be getting a new cable if I keep these
Wrap around ear cable portion feels very weird and I can't get it to adjust correctly. Ends up hurting my ears after a while

Overall I really love the sound but will need to figure out a new cable asap as that's really my only complaint. The eartips are fine, just leaving the iems without the cables in my ears feels fine, the appearance is great, sound is great, but that cable... If anyone has suggestions please let me know!

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #147 of 183

Pros:

Cons:

That's a great find indeed! LMUE is still selling at an expensive price, I didn't even try to listen to it yesterday.

Now need to justify if I still need another IEM

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #150 of 183
Did you see my photos? Looks and sounds pretty real to me.

Sorry if I'm mistaken, it's just the usual alarm bells that went off:
  1. Zero feedback, brand new amazon seller
  2. HFer who had 2 posts total (now 3)
  3. LMUE being the worldwide exclusive VSONIC dealer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back