New Vsonic VS Series
May 4, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #106 of 183
Just paid 143.10$ with free ship for black metal on LMUE.

May 4, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #110 of 183
Hi all,

Just learned about the new VS7 from LMUE newsletter. I'm quite interested in the clear resin version since it's inexpensive and "desktop friendly" (My desktop amp gives me electrical shocks with any metal IEMs :ksc75smile:)

How much improvement is VS7 over GR07 classic? Any one can share their impressions? Thanks

BTW, a few of audio stores on AliExpress are having sales event in 2 days - I plan to grab some 16 core 0.78mm cable, if I decide to buy the VS7.

May 20, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #114 of 183
OK, so there is finally some clarification about the new models. Apparently, there will be a VS1 coming. The VS9 will be released on the 15th this month and the following Black Hole model is actually VS11.

Thanks for your informative thread, regarding VS11 I can’t find any information about it. Is this the upcoming flagship after VS9.

May 20, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #115 of 183
Thanks for your informative thread, regarding VS11 I can’t find any information about it. Is this the upcoming flagship after VS9.
The Vs11 is what initially they referred to the black hole limited edition
O1CN01QkY7ED1bKJMykCKdr_!!2580483446.jpg

It's already release in China at $275 and yeah, it's the flagship if we're not counting the new Black Badge series. The black Badge models will be new super flagship models in each existing series - there will be a GR Black badge model and a VS Black Badge models starting from $1200. Don't have much more info about - they will have different higher-end packaging, accessories and sound quality.

May 21, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #116 of 183
I'm a gigantic VSonic fan...bought the original GR07s back when they released and loved the hell out of them. Outside of a break that was completely my fault (caught on a gym machine), I'd still be using them today. That said, over the years I've purchased 3 or 4 other models. GR07BE (original), GR07BE (2016 or 2017, not sure), GR07 Classic and GR07X (detachable, balanced). I've loved every single pair. I've lost a few, and broken a few, but I always go back to them because I love the sound.

I currently have the newer GR07BE and I just received the new VS7 (clear resin) via Lendmeurears VSonic store.

First, hard to really compare the headphones to the older ones, especially SQ since I only really have the newish BE version to compare. That said, I'll try.

The build quality seems fantastic. The clear shells are awesome to look at and see the internals. I have no idea how the alloy vs. resin affects sound, I just thought the clears would be something different. They say the shells are redesigned to be more comfortable and ergonomic...that's the one area I think they've gone backwards. They are definitely bigger and stick out from your head more which results in me not really being able to sleep in them. The GR07s w/ the rotating nozzles allowed me to angle them right and fit flush with my ears, so I could sleep in them. I definitely can't do that with the VS7s. Small complaint I guess. :)

The connection to the cable is secure (way better than previous detachable VSonics which were meh) and the cable quality seems great. The ear hooks fit good and they stay put when you put them in your ears. I'm not a huge fan of not having a chin slider for over the ear headphones as I like to run w/ my headphones, so these will have to just stay in the house/office. I also have to complain about the lack of the L/R markings on either the headphones or the cable...so I really had no idea if I had them hooked up correctly until I ran a sound test to test L/R channels. If they are there, I can't see them.

I'm listening to the VS7 via my Pixel 3 and the Dragonfly Black hooked up via USB C. To me, I was expecting a LOT less simblant, but in typical VSonic fashion, the high end still seems a little simblant. Especially compared to my 100's of hours of use BEs. Obviously it will probably smooth out like all of the GR07s do over time, so I'm not too worried about it. And it definitely is less at the beginning that the past models. So I've got high hopes. Even after only a few hours, the simblance seems to be smoothing, but need to keep track until we get to the 100 or so hour mark.

The overall sound signature is quite balanced, but definitely is V shaped. A little bass and treble happy with the mids being slightly recessed. Definitely closer to the BE version than the Classics IMO. They fall right in between them in terms of bass depth and quantity. If I had to guess, that was the goal. I mean the long and short of it is, if you like the VSonic GR07 (any version) sound, you'll be extremely happy with these. Staying in the same price bracket was a good business decision as well. Tho a lot of GR07s could be had for 100 bucks, these are in the 140-150 range depending on the shell choice.

I'm definitely not a professional and I really just have sound signatures I like and it's tough for me to find a headphone company's signature I like more than the VSonics...this is the first pair of non-GR07s I've bought and I'm extremely happy with them. It's good to see the company evolve...especially when it comes to their build quality and feel of their IEMs. These feel like they should cost twice as much as they do. I definitely recommend them.

May 25, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #117 of 183
I was browsing around for information on the VS-series, but then found the 2019 version of GR09 going for $132 shipped, so I bought that instead. Even if VS7 is an upgrade over GR07 (uncertain), I imagine I'm still getting a good deal.

upload_2019-5-25_19-45-32.png

May 25, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #119 of 183
Man, I really DIG THE VS7!

A keeper. I prefer them over the Ibasso IT01....in fact, its like an upgraded IT01 with better timbre and most of all BIGGER soundstage and greater imaging.

The VS3 was already promising, but brighter than the VS7 and less weighty in bass.

Love story are rare, with the VS7 the cable is problematic because of my big ears and the long ear hook but i will mod it in no long, but LOVE is in they air, and there lot of it in its enormous soundstage.

I think that VS7 will earn more acclaim in the futur. U shape with suprinsingly clear and well separate mid range.

Listening to last FLYING LOTUS album is supreme joy.

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #120 of 183
i got the vsonic VS7 in this last week with discount ordered in may for 120$
and put 50hours on it at least-
i love love love these !!!!as listed above super super good imaging and WIDE soundstage....i like this more then gr07be or any addition for that matter but wonder how the gr09 or 37th edition would be against these....
my items to date gr07 gr07be sony mh1C(times 5) and 50plus trials I've had with this budget bracket. I'm not a professional just a budding wannabe...cheers all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back