New Vsonic VS Series
Aug 11, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #169 of 183
How do these and/or the GR07 sound compared to Tin T3 and/or T2 pro? At the moment, I only have the GR07 BE(both the detachable and non-detachable version) and I am sorta interested in trying out the Tin T2/3. If they are a straight up downgrade then I won't bother with them.

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #171 of 183
If they are a straight up downgrade then I won't bother with them.

I won't say they are a downgrade, but VS7 is more "mature" sound anyway. You can consider T2 if you want to have a second pair of IEMs tuned in a different way, they are more neutral and bright, compared with VSonic tuning

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #172 of 183
Ordering JCALLY 4-core cable to go with my VS7's - They've been my daily driver for the last 2.5 months. I think they're a step up from GR07

Sep 25, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #173 of 183
Been curious since I first saw those screens...
vs7top__87390.1556775261.jpg

Anyone experiment yet taking those screens off, replace with the Ali or Hifiman replacements or any other tweaking??

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #174 of 183
Dec 19, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #176 of 183
My review of Vsonic VS9 is up on my BLOG and HEADFI.

While it'snot as detailed and clear as the VS7, i tend to prefer warmer fuller and more balanced sound of VS9. The vocal are very addictive and the bass is more beefy.
Lush and Natural. Slight W shape sound. Thick and transparent. Very enjoyable tuning.

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #177 of 183
While it'snot as detailed and clear as the VS7, i tend to prefer warmer fuller and more balanced sound of VS9. The vocal are very addictive and the bass is more beefy.

I agree with your assessment. VS7 is not the best for rock/pop genres because the vocal is too laid back. Spring 1 is much more suitable for those genres.

Apr 18, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #178 of 183
So, I saw Amazon had a warehouse deal on a VS3. $16.25 for a new "new but packaging will be damaged" white version. Open but not used was "damage" on the packaging....
1587225874300.png

1587225905988.png

Couldn't resist. Always looking for that GR02 magic from days of old on the budget Vsonic model. Fater the 02 and through the VSD there was disappointment from what I heard. Forgettable stuff. Fine but not fun and special. I remember the 02 or bass not even sure which one so long ago but it was a special from budget model. Engaging, fun, warmth with a unique Vsonic bass sound almost addictive and always welcome. What I look for in a cheap everyday carry all purpose earphone. Personality that can compete when the ability can't match up with higher priced stuff.

Think it was NymPHONO's review that I would read that promised the big stage and I always like that. So, I snatched them up. Though I don't totally line-up with his finding's. Wasn't too sure about the mid-centric thing and the big housing so I didn't buy until the price was low enough that there was no risk.

The review did give a report of mid-centric sound but also that the ear guides pull them out of the ears. I didn't have that issue and don't find them mid-centric. A bad seal will kill the bass and make them mid-centric. The stock tips push them that way. Smaller bore and firm so they don't seal at more of the tip but a smaller area towards the front. Stock tips and case are pretty weak and should stay in the box. In reality and with a good seal no force from the ear guides will pull these out when they seal right and they are not mid-centric but a W sig that is warm and smooth and seems to be in line with most of the Vsonic models lately.

The W signature here seems well balanced with a tiny bit bass over the mids but the treble is above both a bit more. The hook and enaging part is where the W can peak/hump at or near. Snares pop, male vocals pop, and cymbals pop. Those jump out and grab attention at least with the right tips. Not trying to be accurate here but make for an enjoyable listen that engages quite nicely. Atill smooth so those cybals are not sibilant but maybe a bit splashy and a tinge excessive on the metallic nature but they sound vsonic and there is still a correctness to them so you forgive. Same down low. Bass is nicely separated and sounds like real drums. Fun and forgivable even close to addictive. Not accurate but yet still natural. A bit of wool over the sound as a whole so the calrity is at the $50 range but as a good daily driver beater, outside when this falls away to external noise, you get enough clarity and transparency to satisfy.

As far as the stage, I read the review about the immense or huge stage. It does have a big stage but is very immediate and more front row with less depth. Think that is due to the cable. Other cables give some more depth. other wise the stage is quite big but not really huge. My Nxears Sonata is a single armature with a bit more width and depth and similar stage size. My Azla MKII is bigger though the Vsonic keep it close to where it isn't much of a drop but which is bigger will never be in doubt. Large and well above average but not gonna run with the huge stages I have heard which are rare but can double up the Vsonic. Not gonna make me drop my jaw in awe but big and roomy.

The one accessory that is good is the cable. Not great but it is good. Ugly? Yes. Tangle prone above the Y? Yes. It is light and it is the right sound for the VS3. Tried a Simgot and a Kinboofi cable out and the VS3 lost most of their "magic". The elements did not pop right esp. in the bass which muted the hook that draws me to them. The right up in the face this cable gives to them helps it. More flat, less depth and front to back 3D portrayal is mostly looked as a negative but it works here. Fun and enjoyment over accuracy. No harm on a $50 model. Flavor should trump accuracy on a cheap model. If they were so accurate they wouldn't be $50 :) and in the budget realm it is more about sound flavor and taking you to a good enjoyable soundscape.

As for the size I don't think they are that big and shouldn't scare anyone off but the tiny ear people perhaps. A fairly long tapered bore is not very thick and the housings are a bit larger than my Simgot MT3, another $50-ish range single dynamic, with slightly smaller drivers. Same size housing as the Sonata which is a singe Knowles driver. My Azla is larger. Things like AT's CKR series are larger. Plenty of stuff bigger. These are on the fence line of large but not into really large/huge territory. Again the nozzle area is long enough and the bore is 5mm so not thick there to give real problems.

The deal here is these can be a real keeper in the sense that they take you to a good place. More to make you want to listen and enjoy and even if they may lack depth and high treble reach or they aren't really accurate or trying to push clarity and detail. What they are is, IMO, the best GR02 replacement and a true keeper that may just stand the test of time more than the better technical $50 offerings. More of a keeper that competes with fun and flavor and calls you to listen more.

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #179 of 183
Hello everyone, I'm a happy owner of the VS7, and I would like to buy eartips, because the ones it came with, in my opinion, are horrendeous. I am considering the Comply T series, anyone know which models fits the VS7?
And is there any other eartip recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back