New Vsonic VS Series
Jun 15, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #122 of 183
My VS7 finally arrived after some delay at the customs, hurray! :ksc75smile:

I did some check of the polarity of the 0.78mm plug - Can anyone confirm if the following is correct?

amdFFzSwoJdk.png

(In case the image expires - The pin close to the cable side is + )

Jun 15, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #123 of 183

I did some check of the polarity of the 0.78mm plug - Can anyone confirm if the following is correct?

Don't have VS7 but can always test polarity with your ears : https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php
(with every IEM I have ever used, polarity is matched so long as both earpiece connectors are wired the same)

Jun 15, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #124 of 183

amdFFzSwoJdk.png

You don't need to check it. Look at pictures to confirm orientation of how to wear and attach the earbuds to the cable then look at the connector, it will have L or R on the cable right next to the two pronged connector.

Jun 16, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #125 of 183
@Raketen Thanks for the link :beerchug:

@Spartan117 I've got an upgrade balanced cable from AliExpress - Since there're no polarity marking on the VS7 body, I tried to use the stock cable as a reference

Jul 3, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #128 of 183
i got the vsonic VS7 in this last week with discount ordered in may for 120$
and put 50hours on it at least-
i love love love these !!!!as listed above super super good imaging and WIDE soundstage....i like this more then gr07be or any addition for that matter but wonder how the gr09 or 37th edition would be against these....
my items to date gr07 gr07be sony mh1C(times 5) and 50plus trials I've had with this budget bracket. I'm not a professional just a budding wannabe...cheers all

Which housing did you buy? There is the chrome, resin (transparant) and metallic (black).

This is also a general question to others in here. Is there a sound difference between the 3 housings?

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #131 of 183

I'm definitely not a professional and I really just have sound signatures I like and it's tough for me to find a headphone company's signature I like more than the VSonics...this is the first pair of non-GR07s I've bought and I'm extremely happy with them. It's good to see the company evolve...especially when it comes to their build quality and feel of their IEMs. These feel like they should cost twice as much as they do. I definitely recommend them.

I love my GR07 BE (first edition) also, would you consider (by memory) the VS07 better IEMs? I am shopping for a IEM in the 200 USD range, and I have my sights on the GR09 (plastic 2019 version), the GR07BE 2019 version, the GR07 37th anniversary version and the VS07.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #135 of 183
short version is that VS7 is more warm, large fun bass and the top end sounds a bit subdued in comparison, but i don't think the top end is compromised either.
GR09 is like GR07 Bass Edition ++. Generally keeps the same sound but with a low end that digs lower. It's more what I would call tight bass. No slow lingering decay etc. Do not notice any sharp highs like in GR07.
Totally different to GR07 37th Ed (I remember reading somewhere - possibly this thread - that GR09 is GR07 37th but improved)
Generally I prefer the GR09, but VS7 is fun for watching movies etc or music with strong lows. eg jazz is great on VS7.

Hope that helps!

I'd be interested in a comparison, I'm quite interested in the VS7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back