New Vsonic VS Series
Apr 14, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #91 of 183
Ah, I was following some guide to order to the US, seemed straightforward except literally the option to select payment methods/credit cards didn't show. What taobao agent do you use/recommend?
Well, I've been using basetao for a while. It is a bit more expensive as it has conversion fees and 3% service fee but for something that is 150 bucks you'll pay like 10-15 bucks more but it's way more secure and faster than trying to get it shipped durectly from taobao with China post. The shipping cost depends on your choice. I guess if you want you to get it in a few days you can pay for DHL.

You just create a basetao account, recharge your account with money, paste the product page link in the bar at the home page and make the order (there will be a space to leave a note when paying, so you tell them if you want to keep the box sealed as otherwise they'll open it and send you photos of the items inside and ask you if you are happy with the product - you can even ask them to test it it works properly; I personally prefer to open my boxes on my own). In a couple of days when they make the purchase on your behalf and receive the item, you'll have to pay the commission fee and the shipping fee and they'll send the package to you. When making the second payment you can select your preferred shipping service and again when you see the field "leave a note" you can tell them to mark the package at lower price if you're worried about customs fees.

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #92 of 183
IMG_20190415_104325.jpg
Yeah, apparently the vs3 is quite warm and bassy and overall is nothing like any of the previous vsonics or the vs7.

vs3 are good, yes warmer than gr07/gr07be but not overcooked, still good resolution and stage, they are not bassy, it's relaxed signature, bass has good control, mids has good timbre and are not thin, highs are relaxed but not roll off

vs3 will shine with better cable and tips and they need some power

still burnning them (only 15h) but they are better than old vsd3/vsd5

gr07 has better dynamics, impact, speed, and they are brighter and soundstage is bigger but vs3 is "relaxed" version of gr07be and after burnning in maybe vs3 will be closer to them

they sound good with final audio tips, spin fit or symbio

ergonomy is very good, nozzle are smaller than old series

and they are good looking IEMs - I've owned vsd3/vsd5/gr07/gr07be/gr07x/gr07 37th - and vs3 are looking better - only gr09 are nicer, ceramic white are best looking and sounding

vs3 is worth 50$ for sure

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #95 of 183
You can't tell whether something is sibilant by looking at a frequency measurement, but those peaks do look pretty bad.

upload_2019-4-22_19-14-24.png

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #96 of 183
You can't tell whether something is sibilant by looking at a frequency measurement, but those peaks do look pretty bad.

like you say it's hard to tell & also depends a lot on fit - also, AFAIK 8khz doesn't usually cause sibilance (isn't it 5-6.5khz or so)... I think that 8-10khz zones usually comes across as detail/textures? but it can also be peaky or rough in an unpleasant way depending on who's listening & to what.

Also impossible to draw any conclusions especially without knowing if this is compensated, what other measurements look like on this measurement rig and or if it has tendency to resonate at that frequency etc...

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #97 of 183
I completely forgot about that site. Sounds good to me. Definitely a lot better than the VS3 going by these recordings. It also seems to fix the issue of the 37th AE and gr09, which went a little too safe with the tuning and ended up somewhat congested. I'll still wait for the vs9 and vs11 impressions. A comparison like this one would be nice.

Apr 23, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #99 of 183
like you say it's hard to tell & also depends a lot on fit - also, AFAIK 8khz doesn't usually cause sibilance (isn't it 5-6.5khz or so)... I think that 8-10khz zones usually comes across as detail/textures? but it can also be peaky or rough in an unpleasant way depending on who's listening & to what.

Also impossible to draw any conclusions especially without knowing if this is compensated, what other measurements look like on this measurement rig and or if it has tendency to resonate at that frequency etc...

The graphs for GR07 do match with Crinacle's graphs and other graphs I've found online. Those are sibilant to begin with, if you listen to the sound demo the "S" consonant sounds a lot more pronounced than on GR07. I'll wait for more reviews, but so far the evidence is not good.

May 2, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #100 of 183
Its NICE to see VSONIC back on the track! Make sometime they dont lauch new products and now with VS serie there on fire.

I really enjoy the sound of VS3, only issue was the cable, would have give a solid 4.5stars otherwise. My review is up on headfi and my NO BS BLOG

Spacious and MId centric, without harshness or sibilance, but a slightly bright timbre that give realist sound=Impressive and well balanced.

Gotta try the VS7 now.

May 3, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #102 of 183
Yeah, and a pretty good price with the discount - only 10 bucks more than the official store. Using a taobao agent will be 25 bucks more.

May 3, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #103 of 183
Somebody can tell about sound differences between resin, metal and chrome shells of vs7?

May 3, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #104 of 183
Yeah, and a pretty good price with the discount - only 10 bucks more than the official store. Using a taobao agent will be 25 bucks more.
I paid $142.63 so far for pre order of the black VS7 using a taobao agent. I haven't paid for them to ship it to me yet, still waiting. What discount on LMUE? And why is the chrome version $20 more, aren't the other colors metal as well?

May 4, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #105 of 183
I paid $142.63 so far for pre order of the black VS7 using a taobao agent. I haven't paid for them to ship it to me yet, still waiting. What discount on LMUE? And why is the chrome version $20 more, aren't the other colors metal as well?
There is a 10% discount running for all vsonic models https://www.vsonicint.com/ The chrome version is more expensive because it is polished by hand allegedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back