New Vsonic VS Series
Mar 17, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #61 of 183
It kinda was but a very limited edition limited only to the official tmall store. And Vsonic aren't switching to BAs. The upcoming 10BA model will be more of a statement piece to show the random chi-fi companies that they can make a flagship BA model with original Knowles drivers and still keep the price under $300 unlike the recent barrage of chi-fi multi-BA models using cheap Bellsing drivers and still selling for similar prices. Vsonics's CEO still doesn't like how BAs sound, so they won't be stopping making DD models anytime soon.

Btw, they are also releasing the clear and cheaper VS7 this week. It will be about $105. The new drivers used in the VS7 are still kept in secret. Vsonic's CEO refers to the diaphragm as the new mysterious N4P12
68cf2617ly1g1685zghrxj26683h0u0x.jpg

68cf2617ly1g168641nudj26683h01j7.jpg
Yeah, hopefully the VS7 serves as a successor to the GR07 and has a DD. In my opinion, after 1BA, I could care less how many drivers it has. I’ll be more open to buying it if the manage to make BAs as good as DDs but I doubt that will happen.

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #63 of 183
Not really liking the new international rules they put in place. No early adopter pricing on LMUE anymore nor will the code work. More really interested in the VS7 but may have tried a VS3 if there was something off. At $55 and nothing off I passed and I'm sure others did as well.

Is the Chrome version supposed to sound any different? Metals do effect resonance but not always for the better. Treble can "ring" a bit different. Is the Chromed version just the outside plating of the same housing material??

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #64 of 183
Additionally, which models are BA and which are DD? I was under the impression it was all BA but now I’m seeing otherwise. I’m confused.
All, VS models are DD. The BA model is something that will be coming out sometime in the future unrelated to the new VS series.

Not really liking the new international rules they put in place. No early adopter pricing on LMUE anymore nor will the code work. More really interested in the VS7 but may have tried a VS3 if there was something off. At $55 and nothing off I passed and I'm sure others did as well.

Is the Chrome version supposed to sound any different? Metals do effect resonance but not always for the better. Treble can "ring" a bit different. Is the Chromed version just the outside plating of the same housing material??
Well, LMUE's discount was valid until the 4th of March. The price is quite decent as the official MSRP for China is $60 and now while still at promo price it is 45, so just a $10 difference. We've never gotten the Chinese prices anyway. Even in the early days of LMUE we were still paying at least 10 bucks more and penon wasn't offering better prices either. And if you use a taobao agent to buy straight for the official tmall store you'll be paying at least 20 bucks more.

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #65 of 183
The metal versions are all made of magnesium alloy. The mirror one is just a bit more expensive probably because of the extra cost of polishing it by hand I guess

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #66 of 183
I actually like the other two VS7 as much as the chromed look anyhow. Not paying more just to have to remove fingerprints more often. :) The bling is worth more to some but I'll put those extra bucks towards something else.

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #68 of 183
Is the VS7 essentially a reshelled GR07? And wasn’t the VS7 supposed to be out recently?
No, it's a new design with new drivers (supposedly super mysterious and at flagship level). Yes, but only in China and it's out of stock already with only the non-metal clear version still available. Btw, the clear version apparently will be a limited run.

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #69 of 183
No, it's a new design with new drivers (supposedly super mysterious and at flagship level). Yes, but only in China and it's out of stock already with only the non-metal clear version still available. Btw, the clear version apparently will be a limited run.
So I could either get the clear version via taobao proxy or wait for it to arrive on aliexpress and other sellers that ship to the US? Any idea when it’s coming to the US?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #70 of 183
So I could either get the clear version via taobao proxy or wait for it to arrive on aliexpress and other sellers that ship to the US?
Well, you can wait till the metal version is back in stock and use a taobao agent for it too. Otherwise, yes, your best bet will most likely be LMUE as it will be cheaper then going for with an agent. Of course, you can also wait for the release of that black hole super special model although it will be quite a bit pricier than the VS7. I'm starting to wonder if theu will be releasing VS9 at all or it will be just the black hole one. They didn't release s VS1 as originally intended and last time they released a new series the VSD, they never released the advertised VSD7, nor the VSD9 even though they had advertising images and official announcements of both of them.

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #71 of 183
Well, you can wait till the metal version is back in stock and use a taobao agent for it too. Otherwise, yes, your best bet will most likely be LMUE as it will be cheaper then going for with an agent. Of course, you can also wait for the release of that black hole super special model although it will be quite a bit pricier than the VS7. I'm starting to wonder if theu will be releasing VS9 at all or it will be just the black hole one. They didn't release s VS1 as originally intended and last time they released a new series the VSD, they never released the advertised VSD7, nor the VSD9 even though they had advertising images and official announcements of both of them.
Any idea when it’s coming to LMUE? I’m very interested in them now that I know they’re dynamic drivers.

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #72 of 183
Any idea when it’s coming to LMUE? I’m very interested in them now that I know they’re dynamic drivers.
No idea. I suppose sometime in May as usually there is a couple of months before international resellers get stock of new vsonic both on Aliexpress and LMUE. Btw, if you're interested in DD, FLC has a new DD series and if one doesn't mind red color there are limited Chinese New Year edition of their flagship models DD61 and DD71 which can be had for circa $310-330 on taobao (that's with the added costs of using a taobao agent included). The MSRP of the non-limtied editions is $500 and $630, respectively (without including the fees of using a taobao agent).

Mar 21, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #73 of 183
LMUE told me April for the VS7.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #74 of 183
So where does the black hole model sit in their lineup? Above VS9 but below 10BA? What makes you think they won't release the VS9, I thought they still have time before the expected release?

Mar 23, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #75 of 183
So where does the black hole model sit in their lineup? Above VS9 but below 10BA? What makes you think they won't release the VS9, I thought they still have time before the expected release?
The black hole sits above the VS7 but regarding the 10BA I have no idea - they will be about the same price. Like I said before, the 10BA is more of a statement piece, so whether it will turn out to be better than the dynamic driver models is not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back