NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Oct 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #4,262 of 4,971
I've been using the vali for around 8 weeks now and really happy with it. Powers my akg q701s very nice along with the mixamp pro for gaming.

I agree... I have the volume nob on the Pro in the middle and turn the Vali up to about 12'oclock and its great. I recommend it for anyone who wants to pair it both with the K712's as well

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #4,263 of 4,971
  Ordered Vali for my DT880 600 Ohms.
smily_headphones1.gif

Currently using Fiio E09k/Modi Combo ..serves well,but wanted to try Hybrid Amp.

Received Vali today and really enjoying the Tube like sound. Serial No:2257 -> Ringing for like 10 sec and goes silent. The whole unit(Volume knob included) is getting warm pretty quickly. I think it's normal & expected.

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #4,264 of 4,971

Received Vali today and really enjoying the Tube like sound. Serial No:2257 -> Ringing for like 10 sec and goes silent. The whole unit(Volume knob included) is getting warm pretty quickly. I think it's normal & expected.

Yes, it is normal. 
Mine is No: 0693 :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #4,265 of 4,971
Currently looking @ the Vali for my first tube amp. I'm rocking HD-600 and SR80e for HP's

I listen to all types of music and I mean all. Ill go from Daft Punk, Bill Withers, Flatt & Scruggs, Dio, to Richard Wagner in a single sitting.
For the price of the Vali @ 119 can anyone make a recommendation on any other entry level tube amps @ a simalar price I should be looking into?

Basically want to start exploring the world of tubes and looking for advise or otherwise.....

Currently have Biforst uber & Asgard 2 Schiit stack as my desktop rig.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #4,266 of 4,971
Currently looking @ the Vali for my first tube amp. I'm rocking HD-600 and SR80e for HP's

I listen to all types of music and I mean all. Ill go from Daft Punk, Bill Withers, Flatt & Scruggs, Dio, to Richard Wagner in a single sitting.
For the price of the Vali @ 119 can anyone make a recommendation on any other entry level tube amps @ a simalar price I should be looking into?

Basically want to start exploring the world of tubes and looking for advise or otherwise.....

Currently have Biforst uber & Asgard 2 Schiit stack as my desktop rig.

Thanks in advance!

Vali is the right choice. I own a bifrost uber and lyr2 which I use with HE560. I was planning on selling my HD600 untill I tried them with the Vali. Now I have a dragonfly 1.2 with the Vali and HD 600 combo. Prefer the HD600 with Vali even more than with the Lyr 2. It really is a special match. I wasnt a believer in synergy until hearing the Vali with the Senn.

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #4,270 of 4,971
  For 120 bucks that's what I figured.

Still have the bifrost uber? Happy with it?

I actually have the Modi but the uber should be here tomorrow.

Super happy with the Bifrost Uber.  I have that one running into a Valhalla 2, powering HD600 and others.  I have the Vali system in another room, running the HD600 almost exclusively.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #4,272 of 4,971
Having the Lyr 2 for the LCD-2F, I sold the Vali because it just didn't have enough power for the LCD-2F and I only used it for the JH13pro (with impedance adaptor) but I kind of miss the Vali even with the Geek Out which I got for the JH13pro. 
There is a liveliness, musicality and tone/timbre that is special with certain headphones.  Maybe I'll wait for the Vali 2. 

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #4,274 of 4,971
Well just got my Vali in over the weekend and happy to report the combo with HD600 is amazing.

Hard for me to explain but Ill try.

Compared to the Asgard 2 the Vali adds a richness to the sound. Just sounds more refined with certain musical instruments. The bass sounds more impactful and personal and the highs are smoother and less harsh in a good way.

Overall the combo has a synergy that is just unmatched for a $120 dollar amp just like RestoredSparta explains.

What an incredible value.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #4,275 of 4,971
wow you guys make me feel so sad now that I've sold both my HD600 and Vali.   
triportsad.gif

indeed it's a wonderful combo..... but couldn't justify having that pairing and HE-560+Lyr2. 
headphone gluttony is not good. ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back