NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Mar 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #3,586 of 4,971
I just received and hooked up the Vali to my Bifrost Uber.

Holy smokes! This thing screams!!!!

I put small sorbothane feet on it instead of the included feet, so it floats on my desk. I can knock VERY hard on the wooden desk and not hear a thing through the Vali.

As far as ringing, I have to give the chassis a pretty hard tap to even hear the faintest of ringing with my PS500's. Using the volume knob in a normal manner doesn't elicit any ringing at all.  Ringing is an absolute non issue.

Much, MUCH better with my Grado's than the LD1+. Absolutely fantastic!

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #3,588 of 4,971
Some careful editing reveals how I read your post. Please keep these impressions coming as I'm considering picking up a Vali to mate with my own beloved PS500s. Thanks!  

The combination is fantastic. I find it has a warm sound with lots of bass. You can hear the raised noise floor just a little bit when there is no music. It's my only complaint with the amp, but factoring in the price and how great it sounds, it's nothing to even think about.

I'd say, order one!!

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #3,590 of 4,971
Mine does not seem to ring with my hd800. Having said that, i have not been too enthusiastically tapping the thing,
Serial no. 779.

Sweet little amp this. Not the greatest digger of information and isn't interested in the furtherst reaches of the audio spectrum, but it dose the middle bit so very well.

Fwiw i was worried that they'd make it too "tubey" but they haven't. Doesn't seem boosted at either end to try to be something it isn't. Just good, honest amplification for less than some power cords. Amazing value and great fun. Bravo!

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #3,591 of 4,971
Mine does not seem to ring with my hd800. Having said that, i have not been too enthusiastically tapping the thing,
Serial no. 779.

Sweet little amp this. Not the greatest digger of information and isn't interested in the furtherst reaches of the audio spectrum, but it dose the middle bit so very well.

Fwiw i was worried that they'd make it too "tubey" but they haven't. Doesn't seem boosted at either end to try to be something it isn't. Just good, honest amplification for less than some power cords. Amazing value and great fun. Bravo!

The units have a serial number? Damn, I didn't notice 
blink.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #3,593 of 4,971
(Open in new window with right mouse button for high quality view)

thats mine - no ringer. I have denons with 15Ohm adapter

proudly sitting near OPPO103

I also have fixed illumination leakage along volume knob. Maybe first official Vali mod posted ???
Some pictures below along with other camera stuff...

---------------------------------------------  end of the illumination mod -----------------------------

tubes..

headphone conn, muting relay

power capacitors

line input connector

rubber feets onto trianle

Denon recabled with 15Ohm adapter

d2000 recabled (moon-audio custom by Drew B.)

Vali, next to Oppo

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #3,594 of 4,971
Oh, I should have posted for those interested, that my serial number for the unit that I received yesterday is in the 1300's.

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #3,598 of 4,971
  Mine is #786 and has no birth defects either. So far, knock on wood, has not contracted any illnesses.

hahaha, what constitutes an illness for an amplifier? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back