New V Moda Crossfade LP2??
Dec 3, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #46 of 124
The wobbly impulse response doesn't seem like an improvement. On the other hand, maybe the flattening of the impedance curve which loomed below 100hz will improve the low bass quality.

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #47 of 124

Quote:
I'm curious about this myself, I'll ask Tyll and also re-do more measurements this week on 2 types of test equipment.  Could be machine variance, fit?  Hmmmm... 

Nice, sounds great. Thanks for showing care. :) His measurement of M-80 were very close to your graph on the site though so that makes it a bit weird. Maybe he got a bad unit...

Might be something about his equipment though because I've seen quite a few headphones have had a significant dip around those parts, take a look at Sony's Z1000 for example which is quite a lot expensier headphone than these LP2s http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMDRZX1000.pdf

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #48 of 124
My order just got cancelled on amazon.co.uk cuz the supplier told amazon that it was no longer available. :frowning2: Wonder what's up with that. Does any1 know of any sites that sells these currently in europe? Many times I wish there were a price search site where u could look for stores throughout the whole europe, it's not like I know what french or dutch etc shops there may be that also accepts international orders and has the item I'm looking for... 

EDIT: I found a place selling them on amazon.de for 159 + 10 EUR shipping so not too bad. The shipping time says 7 - 21 days tho. xD Hopefully I'd get em before Xmas...

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #49 of 124
Just got these today and have been listening for a few hours.  It took me an hour or so to start enjoying the sound.  It definitely is a bass heavy phone.  Very thick and overpowering.  Not as balanced like the M-80's.  It has decent treble which reminds me somewhat of the M-80's smoothness.  Soundstage quite good.  It's one of those phones your ears has to adjust to. It just doesn't sound that good immediately.  I loved the M-80's right out of the box.  Whenever an electronic track comes on, I enjoy this phone quite a bit.  This one is definitely for the bass fan.  

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #50 of 124
Would be nice to hear some1 comparing HTF600 against these. Or perhaps XB500 because they both have nearly identical basscurve (the V-Modas starts rolling off in the upper end at 200Hz instead of 300Hz though which should be a good thing for the midrange), wonder which of them wins in quality though.

EDIT: My LP2s just got shipped. :)

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #51 of 124

Quote:
Would be nice to hear some1 comparing HTF600 against these. Or perhaps XB500 because they both have nearly identical basscurve (the V-Modas starts rolling off in the upper end at 200Hz instead of 300Hz though which should be a good thing for the midrange), wonder which of them wins in quality though.

EDIT: My LP2s just got shipped. :)

I'll compare with the XB500's when I get home tonight.  Plus, the lp2 will have been burning in all day.  

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #52 of 124

Quote:
I'll compare with the XB500's when I get home tonight.  Plus, the lp2 will have been burning in all day.  

Good, I'm a little worried that I'll find the 5 times cheaper Panasonic HTF600 better sounding than these though which I'm so impressed with (midrange and bass response quality especially), I'm just a little annoyed by the build quality issues why these V-Moda looked like an attractive alternative.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #53 of 124

Quote:
My order just got cancelled on amazon.co.uk cuz the supplier told amazon that it was no longer available. :frowning2: Wonder what's up with that. Does any1 know of any sites that sells these currently in europe? Many times I wish there were a price search site where u could look for stores throughout the whole europe, it's not like I know what french or dutch etc shops there may be that also accepts international orders and has the item I'm looking for... 

EDIT: I found a place selling them on amazon.de for 159 + 10 EUR shipping so not too bad. The shipping time says 7 - 21 days tho. xD Hopefully I'd get em before Xmas...

Is that 159 Euros or Pounds?

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #54 of 124

Quote:
Is that 159 Euros or Pounds?

Like I said EUR. Best price in europe it seems (checked amazon.fr and uk and googled around a little). It seems to ship from a french retailer though while it appears on the german amazon site, a bit weird. 

Link: http://www.amazon.de/Crossfade-LP-2-Headphone-Black/dp/B005HMBQR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323385115&sr=8-1

Will probably sell them rather quick in case I won't like them after having given them a proper burn-in time as it'll probably go down in price a little as it becomes more widely available. I just hope it sounds somewhat close to as good as it looks to me (especially when this HTF600's diaphragm keeps setting the left driver in wrong position every once in a while, annoying if it happens while gaming which it has happened as I nodded my head rather quickly for example). I do enjoy these HTF600's sound so much after just very minor EQing so I'm a bit worried when comparing the prices of the two, not so fun if a 35 EUR headphone will be able to keep up with 160 EUR, that's like 4.5x difference in price. :p My main concern is if LP2 will manage to provide forward enough sounding midrange coming from HTF600 which I absolutely adore the forward sounding midrange for.

I also keep thinkering if I should have just waited for M-100 before deciding, M-80 is out of the question cuz I don't want an on-ear. With the help of ZO I could probably get the bass I'm looking for also out of the M-80 too though.

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #55 of 124
Doing some A/B with lp2 and xb500's.  The bass is quite similar with the sony's having more sub-bass.  V-moda's bass has a bit more control though, hits with more impact.  Sony's can sound a bit muddy in comparison which I couldn't tell until I A/B'd them.  Sony's sound more open because of better treble extension.  Vocals sound better with the sony's also.  I tend to like the lp2's better at higher volumes than the Sony's because the treble is more laid back and smoother, but the Sony's have much more prominent treble without being sibilant or fatiguing unless at higher volumes for me.  At this point I can't tell which I like better but the lp'2 cost 3x the price of the Sony's and I can't justify it.  Build quality wise, the V-Moda's are tanks and win in that regard.  Also, the pads on the lp2's do not wrap all the way around my ears, it could be do to the fact of the shape, but I am able to fit them inside the Sony's.  No complaints on the comfort but for obvious reasons, Sony's are more comfortable.  This was just a quick A/B test and I'll add more if necessary.  

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #56 of 124

Quote:
it is available. I'm in the UK and I got it in 2 days.

http://www.expansys.com/v-moda-crossfade-lp-2-headphone-gunmetal-225400/

I was looking for people's opinions of expansys, and the LP2s on google and came to this thread. What was the availability like when you ordered them? It's currently sitting at 6 days, and people are saying expansys is terrible at these estimates, so I'd kind of like to hear from you before I make the leap. I've just been waiting a month for allofnow to ship me these, and they're claiming they're not using whatever supplier they had anymore because of my case, so don't really want to be screwed over again.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #57 of 124
I'm hoping these are quality headphones. I told my family I wanted a pair for christmas. I was originally going to ask for the ultrasone hfi-580's but these seemed pretty cool.

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #58 of 124

Quote:

I was looking for people's opinions of expansys, and the LP2s on google and came to this thread. What was the availability like when you ordered them? It's currently sitting at 6 days, and people are saying expansys is terrible at these estimates, so I'd kind of like to hear from you before I make the leap. I've just been waiting a month for allofnow to ship me these, and they're claiming they're not using whatever supplier they had anymore because of my case, so don't really want to be screwed over again.

I'm also interested in seeing whether they are any good for delivery. I'm trying to get either the LP2 or M-80 before Christmas from a UK retailer and at the moment it's terrible. Amazon and expansys are the only two selling them at the moment....

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #59 of 124
More burn in and these are sounding better.  The bass quality has improved quite a bit.  Lots of sub-bass now.  I have it hooked up to the SR-71A + ZO from ipod.  Using a silver interconnect instead of the cheap Fiio interconnect and it makes a big difference to my ears.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back