New V Moda Crossfade LP2??
Apr 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #121 of 124

Quote:
Frequency response comparison between LP and LP2 (from Innerfidelity).  Top is LP and bottom is LP2.

Yea I've seen those, but verifying by ear, the 3.5kHz spike is the most troublesome one on LP2, leads to colored/shouty/nasal sounding female vocals, helps it bring more forward for sure but at the same time makes it sound unnatural.

With these EQ settings it sounded pretty good though, bass bleed is fixed due to toning down upper-bass/lower-midrange part, midrange is balanced to sound more accurate (shouty female vocals issue 85% fixed) and bringing highs to where they become "in-line" with mids.

But that's quite a lot of EQing needed for a $199 MSRP headphone to sound optimal. M-Audio Q40 for example which is cheaper doesn't need any EQing at all to sound optimal! :) Please if Val checks this, please take it more as constructive criticism from a more "experienced" customer. I've spent lots of EQing in matter of like 7 years time so when it comes to FR discussions, it's my homefield. I'm the kind of guy you can throw at headphone and a 31-band EQ at and 10-15 mins later will already represent a rather nice balance even if I can only use maybe a song or two, I know before making adjustments roughly where it needs to be tweaked based on what I hear, I can tell quite well how 4kHz area will sound in your typical track or 500Hz etc.

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #122 of 124

Yes, RPGWiZaRD.  Thanks,

Other than the 4-5 kHz spike in the LP2, the LP and LP2 have very frequency responses.
I have been struggling with a pair of LP (got for $80 from Costco) which require quite a bit of EQing, especially above 3 kHz.

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #123 of 124
Does anyone has pain around /behind the right ear while wearing the LP2 headphones?

Also Which are more comfortable headphones when compared to LP2? I like the sound of LP2 and donot want to compromise on bass/beats of LP2

Please help

Cheers

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #124 of 124
Quote:
Does anyone has pain around /behind the right ear while wearing the LP2 headphones?

Also Which are more comfortable headphones when compared to LP2? I like the sound of LP2 and donot want to compromise on bass/beats of LP2

Please help

Cheers

I had the same problem with LP2.  It's the design which might not work for everyone.  I would suggest checking out this thread for other headphones with your preferences.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club

Users who are viewing this thread

Back