New V Moda Crossfade LP2??
Nov 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #17 of 124
Yea that looks about the same size of LPs. Will look forward to M-100 as well since the M-80 has recieved such a glowing reviews but I still hope to see some changes in the frequency response though before I'd bite I think.

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #18 of 124
Oh yeah, agreed. Loving the M-80 a lot but if the M-100 surpasses it, that would be pretty outstanding. I hope it has better extension on both ends and an even wider soundstage.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #22 of 124

Quote:
hey, RPG, how many hours have you had with them now??

and how do they sound compared to its revials (XB700, XB1000, Ultrasone, etc)?

Thanks

LOL don't have it yet. I'm still waiting for it to be shipped.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #23 of 124

Quote:
LOL don't have it yet. I'm still waiting for it to be shipped.

lol, sorry, i thought you did.....lol, 
redface.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #24 of 124
Sorry I have to dissappoint you, I've cancelled the order for now because:

1) I just found out about the M-100
2) I'd rather not order directly from V-Moda.com because they are shipping from US and the shipping cost is 21 EUR something + I will probably have to pay custom fees
3) In case I'd need to return it then it would probably cost me something absurd $35 or whatever to ship from Finland to US because sending abroad is really expensive over here, especially if insured which V-Moda recommends. 

So I've decided to wait a bit, amazon.co.uk is one of their trusted/verified partners so I'll probably order from there as I can grab them with free super saver delivery (which I got the HTF600 headphones with and it took only 3 days too from UK!!) but currently it's not in stock yet (well says 3 - 6 weeks) and I might see how M-100 turns out first too but it depends how quickly amazon.co.uk gets these LP2 in stock because the frequency response curve really looks rather optimal for me I think so I'm definitely intrigued.

Good news is that V-Moda got some really good customer service though, I had already made the payment via paypal and I sent a message some hrs ago and since it's 10hrs difference between my and their location it was in middle of the night but a few hrs later as they probably have opened up the status had changed to "awaiting shipment" but then very shortly after I got a response and my order had been cancelled and money on paypal was refunded. Very great service so thought I had to point that out.

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #27 of 124
Quote:
they should do like a giveaway, again...

I wouldn't say no to that...lol.

I am looking at the LP & LP2's simply because they fit the type of cans I would want to use.
Order of Importance:

1. Built to last
  2. Comfort / Over the Ear
  3. "Flatter" Response/Curve
  4. Frequency response
  5. Efficiency & Impedance
  6. Sound Staging

I don't really care about asthetics but that's a really nice bonus with these.

Now, I have only found 1 review for the LP2's and there was something that sticks out for me: 
  1. "Balanced rich sound; highs and mids shine through..."
  2. "While your typical pop hits .... sound good too, but are missing that extra umph needed from just a little bit more bass"

The reason that sticks out is because it may bring 1 or 2 things. The highs may sound "harsh" when pushed and the Bass response may not respond well to electronic music.
BUT, If they can handle some eq'ing then they should be worth it.

JFTR, If you compare the LP reviews to this LP2's review they do have different sound characteristics.

As a DJ/Producer I use different headphones in the studio but always reference back to my DJ cans. Being that I spin all types of music I am looking for that "magical" headset that we all know doesn't really exist but are sonically willing to settle for the closest one possible.
With the way these are built, the Frq Response and Warranty make these a good choice for me. Although, 1 thing I haven't been able to find is the Efficiency level (dB/mW) for these.

Looking for a deal?...none to be had
frown.gif

So far, the best deal I have found is from V-Moda's site:
  $199
- $28.66 (14.4% Twitter coupon)
$170.34  Free Shipping & a Free pair of Faders

The original LP's are currently on Amazon: $129 for Bk/Chrome & $140-ish for the GMB. The LP2's include a free pair of GMB plates ($25) so all in all the price difference is a wash.

The original LP's were also seen as low as $80 from newegg but that was 2 months ago..
Hey, It's the Holidays so we can only wish for some bigger savings right now or I might just have to pull the trigger to take advantage of their 60 day test drive guarantee. 

Hey V-MODA if you're listening...Send me an LP & LP2 so I can do a comparison video!! .....Meh, it was worth a shot.
tongue.gif

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #28 of 124
I'm really interested in trying these, I seriously DON'T think these lack bass under any circumstances lol, maybe for some1 used to real subwoofers only. If that frequency response graph is accurate (which it is regarding Denon D2000 it compared to at least) these should be quite some bassmonsters with aprox 7~8dB stronger bass than Denon D2000 and those have like ~5dB boost. I just hope they get in stock on amazon.co.uk soon!

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #29 of 124
Quote:
I'm really interested in trying these, I seriously DON'T think these lack bass under any circumstances lol, maybe for some1 used to real subwoofers only. If that frequency response graph is accurate (which it is regarding Denon D2000 it compared to at least) these should be quite some bassmonsters with aprox 7~8dB stronger bass than Denon D2000 and those have like ~5dB boost. I just hope they get in stock on amazon.co.uk soon!

I just found out that COSTCO just got the LP's (v1) for $98!!!
Heading over now...actually gonna wait for the after work shoppers to finish :p

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #30 of 124

Quote:
I just found out that COSTCO just got the LP's (v1) for $98!!!
Heading over now...actually gonna wait for the after work shoppers to finish :p

Well the reviews/opinions of LP1 are quite mixed, I'm mostly just interested in LP2. If and that's a big "IF", the frequency response graph is somewhat accurate the LP2 offers better bass extension and better balanced mids/highs (looks great on the paper at least but as people in this business probably knows that could be a totally different story in reality).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back