New V Moda Crossfade LP2??
Nov 23, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #31 of 124

Quote:
Well the reviews/opinions of LP1 are quite mixed, I'm mostly just interested in LP2. If and that's a big "IF", the frequency response graph is somewhat accurate the LP2 offers better bass extension and better balanced mids/highs (looks great on the paper at least but as people in this business probably knows that could be a totally different story in reality).

Yeah, I've read that too which is why I was hesitant paying $199 for them and was looking for a deal. That said,
I now have the LP's in hand. All black with an xtra pair of plates (red YUCK!) 

Hopefully these aren't the ones with the noted cracking problem but that's why I went to COSTCO, they have the best return policies.
Now, off I go to make an unboxing video.... Will start gigging with them on Sat. & will post a review once I wear them in a little but, I'll be sure to follow up.

fyi, the LP's can now be had for $80 on newegg again! hmmm decisions....

Nov 27, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #32 of 124
Hi

I have a pair of the new LP2's that I've bought from expanses.com and they are pretty good. I never heard the M80's before so I can't really compare but u guys were right assuming that it's for bass heads. The bass is very powerful, on a crazy bass heavy song and on full volume the phones are actually "vibrate " and come to life. I really like the overall for of them, really good quality and a pleasure to have around.

They sound warm and clear and the more I'm listening to them the better they get. They are still just a few days old but sound great. The mids and highs are good too but the bass and the overall sound is what stands out the most.

Any q's, let me know.

Peace
DNA

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #33 of 124
Cmon, V-Moda, get these available in europe ASAP! :p Says dispatched in 3-6 weeks on amazon.co.uk but I suppose it could change anyday they get them in stock I suppose.

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #34 of 124

Quote:
Cmon, V-Moda, get these available in europe ASAP! :p Says dispatched in 3-6 weeks on amazon.co.uk but I suppose it could change anyday they get them in stock I suppose.

i wish v mode did a giveaway. not cause i want one (i know they won't give one to me cause I'm not experienced enough with full size headphones to review and compare them properly, I'm an iem person) but because i just want some reviews. This could be my first full size headphones....

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #35 of 124
It sounded like on facebook that Tyll from Innerfidelity might be reviewing one! :p I like reading his reviews cuz he knows his stuff and I was able to relate to what he said about the headphones he reviewed that I've also tried and I know his frequency response graphs and other tests are also very accurate and useful.

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #37 of 124

Quote:
it is available. I'm in the UK and I got it in 2 days.

http://www.expansys.com/v-moda-crossfade-lp-2-headphone-gunmetal-225400/

Well expansys isn't in the list of verified partners though so I don't get the 60-day trial option, also the total cost from that site would be 188 EUR incl shipping vs 165 EUR from Amazon.co.uk. Hmm decisions decisions. 

There's a newly inserted review on amazon.co.uk now for the V-Moda LP2s so it might be inaccurate info that it says "usually shipped in 3-5 weeks" as I don't think amazon.co.uk allows reviews for a product you haven't bought so I might just place the order from there and just wait and see, usually amazon.co.uk gets products quite fast so.

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #39 of 124

Quote:
good luck. i really like them, actually more and more...where ever i go i have to take them with me. they feel quality in ur hand and they sound good

At least they didn't have them in stock right now as I haven't gotten them shipped so far. Hopefully I don't have to wait until Xmas before getting them though... :frowning2:

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #40 of 124
I picked them up from the newegg deal. At 80$ I think it turned out to be a hella good deal. I'd been looking for basshead circumaurals to counter the analytical DT1350s and the D7000s aren't quite what you'd wear out. Originally I was going to check out the Creative Aurvana & Sony's XB series. While I haven't yet had a chance to listed to the Creatives, a couple of auditions of the Sony's were underwhelming. The sound is just bleh and the build struggles to reach adequate. The V-Moda Crossfade LPs, on the other hand, have satisfied the demand for comfort, durability, and bass. Bass resolution is nothing to write home about, but it kicks, and the rest of the response is smooth. Only the highs continue to bug me when listening to it -- there's not very much to them, they're rather inarticulate. At the same time though, I haven't yet noticed any offensive peakiness (aside from the huge boomy bass hump). The build quality and the case are awesome for the price.

These are only first impressions, we'll see how they hold up after a few months.

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #41 of 124

Quote:
I picked them up from the newegg deal. At 80$ I think it turned out to be a hella good deal. I'd been looking for basshead circumaurals to counter the analytical DT1350s and the D7000s aren't quite what you'd wear out. Originally I was going to check out the Creative Aurvana & Sony's XB series. While I haven't yet had a chance to listed to the Creatives, a couple of auditions of the Sony's were underwhelming. The sound is just bleh and the build struggles to reach adequate. The V-Moda Crossfade LPs, on the other hand, have satisfied the demand for comfort, durability, and bass. Bass resolution is nothing to write home about, but it kicks, and the rest of the response is smooth. Only the highs continue to bug me when listening to it -- there's not very much to them, they're rather inarticulate. At the same time though, I haven't yet noticed any offensive peakiness (aside from the huge boomy bass hump). The build quality and the case are awesome for the price.

These are only first impressions, we'll see how they hold up after a few months.

u serious?? the LP2s were 80 bucks??

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #42 of 124

Quote:
u serious?? the LP2s were 80 bucks??

I meant the original LPs, as in the newegg deal which was mentioned earlier in the thread. The LP2s seem to be an attempt to scavenge the design with a new revision, which, coupled with clearing out the original LPs, is a smart business move. LP2s will occupy the market niche until the M100s and will help the LPs sell as well (audiophiles will flock to the new revision, while value-conscious consumers will be impressed by the half-off pricing of the originals).

Forgot to mention: they're very easy to drive.

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #45 of 124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back