New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #571 of 644
Hello I am stuck between these and the merlins. I am not genre specific or do not prefer certain sound sig, so in terms of value or performance which are bettr?

I can say without a doubt, the 3DD have the best bass extension I've ever heard in an iem. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #572 of 644
Mine arrived today (customs) and Have to say they're an interesting sound. Bass-wise they definitely don't outshine the Merlin in extension or resonance, and the quad-BAs in the Merlin make it a much airier presentation immediately, but there is a nice timbre hiding in the 3DD that I suspect will become more apparent after some hours of sound through them.

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #573 of 644
  Mine arrived today (customs) and Have to say they're an interesting sound. Bass-wise they definitely don't outshine the Merlin in extension or resonance, and the quad-BAs in the Merlin make it a much airier presentation immediately, but there is a nice timbre hiding in the 3DD that I suspect will become more apparent after some hours of sound through them.

Please upload some images of your custom 3DD.
I'm curious about the shell's thickness. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #575 of 644
Some comparisons with Merlin (Green, obviously)
d31npb3l.jpg

YgDascEl.jpg

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #577 of 644
I've been listening to the 3DD and here are my few findings:

- Bass extension: Sub bass is superb.
- Bass quantity: Lots of bass but never bleeds. For a dynamic driver, not as much slam as I had expected.
- Mids: Smooth, not really warm but not really cold/recessed
- Vocals: Forward presentation, somewhat silky tonality
- Soundstage: Extremely shallow depth but plenty width.
- Imaging: Bad focus and separation
- Treble is okay, has some sparkle, but it has bad extension up top so sometimes it sounds unnatural and slightly muffled in the treble region.

- Stock tips are not that bad as reports claim, you just need to adjust it on the earpiece canals so that it points upwards so it goes inside your ears in a natural way and your ear canals don't contort the tips from inside.
- The protruding style jack reminds me of the UERM's. Stock cable connectors however are way too loose, enough to be slightly bothersome. Even the slightest disconnection will cut the sound out.

I think these are nice IEMs for vocals and sub-bass lovers who like a clean sound. Not sure if I would actually pay up $500 for it but I guess it's a relatively nice deal. I wonder if customs will change my mind and improve some aspects.

I'll do a comparison with the JH16FP if there is demand. Just too lazy to whip it out or type more. TH900 as well.

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #578 of 644
  I've been listening to the 3DD and here are my few findings:

- Bass extension: Sub bass is superb.
- Bass quantity: Lots of bass but never bleeds. For a dynamic driver, not as much slam as I had expected.
- Mids: Smooth, not really warm but not really cold/recessed
- Vocals: Forward presentation, somewhat silky tonality
- Soundstage: Extremely shallow depth but plenty width.
- Imaging: Bad focus and separation
- Treble is okay, has some sparkle, but it has bad extension up top so sometimes it sounds unnatural and slightly muffled in the treble region.

- Stock tips are not that bad as reports claim, you just need to adjust it on the earpiece canals so that it points upwards so it goes inside your ears in a natural way and your ear canals don't contort the tips from inside.
- The protruding style jack reminds me of the UERM's. Stock cable connectors however are way too loose, enough to be slightly bothersome. Even the slightest disconnection will cut the sound out.

I think these are nice IEMs for vocals and sub-bass lovers who like a clean sound. Not sure if I would actually pay up $500 for it but I guess it's a relatively nice deal. I wonder if customs will change my mind and improve some aspects.

I'll do a comparison with the JH16FP if there is demand. Just too lazy to whip it out or type more. TH900 as well.

The sound with stock tips ?
I tried some kinds of tip and stocks have gave the worst sound.

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #584 of 644

Someone order Ciem 3DD with recessed socket? I don't know if it's possible with 3DD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back