New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Dec 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #586 of 644

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #587 of 644
I tried these today and was quite disappointed. They had a curious echo-like sound to them (in the higher frequencies, mostly), as though the depth of the sound stage was far too great to sound at all natural. I did like the way they handled the drum solo in "Aja" by Steely Dan as I was hearing detail that I hadn't heard before...overall, I was left thinking that I'm much better off with my GR07s (guilty fanboy). I only had an unamped J3 with 16/44 flac (but Aja is a superb recording), so take this with a few grains of salt if this seems a bit harsh.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #588 of 644
  I tried these today and was quite disappointed. They had a curious echo-like sound to them (in the higher frequencies, mostly), as though the depth of the sound stage was far too great to sound at all natural. I did like the way they handled the drum solo in "Aja" by Steely Dan as I was hearing detail that I hadn't heard before...overall, I was left thinking that I'm much better off with my GR07s (guilty fanboy). I only had an unamped J3 with 16/44 flac (but Aja is a superb recording), so take this with a few grains of salt if this seems a bit harsh.

That's an understandable response with the J3. Due to its design, the 3DD requires quite a bit of juice to get the best out of it. 

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #589 of 644
  That's an understandable response with the J3. Due to its design, the 3DD requires quite a bit of juice to get the best out of it. 

That stands to reason, but I was surprised how off it sounded - it could be a defective unit for all I know. I will say the Miracle demo version I tried was the best sounding iem I have ever heard - it was so smooth and coherent while also being very detailed. I liked it more than the JH13 Pro demo, as well as Sennheiser's IE800.

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #592 of 644
  U should try another tips and better DAPs. Not only me, many guys here who had 3DD also loved it so much ^^

I ordered a custom version; it took forever and the final product is a piss poor fit.  Add to that a horrifically terrible experience with Unique Melody... I'd say it's the worst purchasing experience of my life and the end result is the same as having thrown money into a garbage can.

I strongly recommend any potential North American customers look elsewhere if they're interested in a proper CIEM experience.  i.e. The Custom Art, JH Audio or Clear Tune Monitors all of whom are capable of delivering a quality product in a reasonable amount of time while communicating honestly and professionally.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #593 of 644

I ordered a custom version; it took forever and the final product is a piss poor fit.  Add to that a horrifically terrible experience with Unique Melody... I'd say it's the worst purchasing experience of my life and the end result is the same as having thrown money into a garbage can.

I strongly recommend any potential North American customers look elsewhere if they're interested in a proper CIEM experience.  i.e. The Custom Art, JH Audio or Clear Tune Monitors all of whom are capable of delivering a quality product in a reasonable amount of time while communicating honestly and professionally.

I agree on this. The wait on UM is ridiculous. If you seriously want some chinese stuff. LEAR is one with short waiting time. JHA, 1964 Ears, UE, Westone, etc. sound aside, anyone of them is better than UM/Rooth

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #595 of 644

Unlucky for you. Thought your time for waiting was too long, that very dissapointed service for end-user.
I ordered and got my universal 3DD through my local dealer and waiting time was just 5 weeks instead of 8 weeks.
3DD's stock tips bring out the worst soundsign and fitting for me.
So I had to find a kind of tip that can fit better and now I feel very satisfied with my 3DD because of its very good detail, clarity, separation, smooth airy mid, sparkle spread treble, deep strong bass after burning in ( >200h ) ^^

Maybe this sq not your taste. 

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #597 of 644
Someone have a tip to remove the filter?

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #599 of 644
Yesterday, I realized my 3DD didn't have filters like guys who get their 3DDs after me.
-1 point for UM lab. 

My stock cable has problem of losing sound easily in its right side. Not socket problem, it's cable.
-1 point again

.... So I'm got  bad lucks or UM did a bad service for me ?

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #600 of 644
I received it today and having fit issue. I tried the default bi-flange; the medium gel monster supertips which is perfect fit to me when using with the 1plus2; the medium foam monster supertips but none of these provide up to medium isolation. I can not even hear the low range :frowning2:

Any recommendation? May be I should try the custom version instead!? 
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back