New Ultrasone Edition 15
May 19, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #152 of 174
I listened to 50hrs break in Ultrasone Edition 8 EX and 0 breakin Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas.
the 8EX sounded more crisped but could be shouty sounding in the midrange.
Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas sounded bloated midbass and veiled lack of detail and high in comparison to 8EX which was very revealing.

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #153 of 174
I listened to 50hrs break in Ultrasone Edition 8 EX and 0 breakin Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas.
the 8EX sounded more crisped but could be shouty sounding in the midrange.
Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas sounded bloated midbass and veiled lack of detail and high in comparison to 8EX which was very revealing.

Also 15 veritas seems to be very sensitive to seal, if you have small head, you tend to not getting enough seal to hear proper subbass.
My experience is 180 out from yours. The Edition 15 Veritas sounds great to me, no sonic shortfalls to speak of. One of the most natural sounding set of headphones I've heard to date. Also, fit and finish are first rate.

One item worth mentioning is that the Edition 15 is very revealing of the playback chain. I'm using a Chord M-Scaler/Hugo TT2 setup, and that combination sounds excellent. To me, it's smoother and more refined than the Focal Stellia with the Chord gear. I find the mid bass accurate, and treble extended, but not etched. It just sounds natural, like music reproduction should sound.
Here's a review of the headphones. There's a section that discusses the phones with Chord:
https://headfonics.com/ultrasone-edition-15-veritas-review/

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #154 of 174
My experience is 180 out from yours. The Edition 15 Veritas sounds great to me, no sonic shortfalls to speak of. One of the most natural sounding set of headphones I've heard to date. Also, fit and finish are first rate.

One item worth mentioning is that the Edition 15 is very revealing of the playback chain. I'm using a Chord M-Scaler/Hugo TT2 setup, and that combination sounds excellent. To me, it's smoother and more refined than the Focal Stellia with the Chord gear. I find the mid bass accurate, and treble extended, but not etched. It just sounds natural, like music reproduction should sound.
Here's a review of the headphones. There's a section that discusses the phones with Chord:
https://headfonics.com/ultrasone-edition-15-veritas-review/
After 100hrs, the high and midrange opened up, midbass bloatness has become very minimal. Bass goes lower and the subbass becomes more pronounced.
Full of energy attack, full bodied.
Overall tone timber natural.

May 27, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #157 of 174
Anyone ever compare ed15 to any of the ZMF’s especially Atrium or auteur? I’m interested specifically in tonal balance, musicality, naturalness and soundstage. Thanks.
I own ZMF Verite Stabilized Closed and I prefer this compared to ED15 soundwise, especially the bass goes so tight growling and deep. thick sounding like Dynaudio speakers, musical. if you listen to piano, you can hear the reverberation fun sounding.
But Verite is 300Ohms, harder to drive, you definitely need proper amping, Big, Heavy 480g.
ED15 sounds energetic, full of energy, natural sounding, yet portable, good for travel. I use ED15 for exercise or working out in the gym.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #158 of 174
I just received Silver Dragon Cable for my Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas and very highly impressed with the intial sound signature.
First Impression Sound big, full bodied, amazing decay and reverbation with very sweet midrange, listening to ED15 Veritas becoming more addictive than ever before.

Switching Back to original cable, sounded thin, empty, flat, and tiny.

Both are being played directly from SP3000.

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #159 of 174
I just received Silver Dragon Cable for my Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas and very highly impressed with the intial sound signature.
First Impression Sound big, full bodied, amazing decay and reverbation with very sweet midrange, listening to ED15 Veritas becoming more addictive than ever before.

Switching Back to original cable, sounded thin, empty, flat, and tiny.

Both are being played directly from SP3000.
Happy to hear this. Will look into this as well.

Jun 23, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #160 of 174
Please wait it is Now undergoing breaking in at 12hrs became bloated in the lower area almost boomy. Lack of transparency. Need to wait for longer.
After 24hrs - yes back opened up, engaging, textured.
Highly Recommended SilverDragon Cable for ED15 Veritas.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #162 of 174
Dec 23, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #163 of 174
Dec 23, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #164 of 174
Dec 23, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #165 of 174
These days you can find ed15 used for cheaper. Plus it looks like all these are closed back.
Actually a brand new 15 is also much cheaper now. But this is like their new flagship after five years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back