New tube amp: the Cayin HA-1A MK2
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #138 of 970
HA-1AmkII has received the Bronze award from Desktop Headphone Amplifier (Analogue Input) category of 2017 AVIC Autumn Headphone Festival

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/user_data/hpfes-award2017a.php

HA1AmkII AVIC 2017 Autum award.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 25, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #139 of 970
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Special appreciation to every participant and subscriber of this thread for your patient and positive attitude to Cayin and our product.

As a relatively new comers to the HeadFi community, Cayin owns you all a big thank.

We are looking forward to continue the sound journey with you in 2018.

10046419.jpg

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #140 of 970
Feb 25, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #142 of 970

No US or Canadian Dealer or distributor is allowed to ship off shore. Please be more careful of the information you put out. The buyer should resource their product in their area. If they can’t find access in their area they should contact in this case Cayin to determine their options on where to buy.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Feb 25, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #143 of 970
Hi everyone, I was about to pull the trigger on this amp, but now that I see even some comments from Andy I am not confident anymore

Can anyone please tell is this amp good to buy without having to deal with hiss issues or is Cayin in the process to design a new updated one

does everyone have hiss issues, as having to deal with hiss issues is a huge no no

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #144 of 970
Hi everyone, I was about to pull the trigger on this amp, but now that I see even some comments from Andy I am not confident anymore

Can anyone please tell is this amp good to buy without having to deal with hiss issues or is Cayin in the process to design a new updated one

does everyone have hiss issues, as having to deal with hiss issues is a huge no no

I’m in the middle of debugging multiple issues with my HA-1A MK2, which I bought from a fellow head-fier. Although it does sound great - there are too many issues to be able to fully enjoy mine. My unit suffers from transformer hum (possibly caused by rough handling during shipment), a very noticable background hiss (although less present on lower impedance headphones) and the volume/source selection section getting completely bypassed when I connect a line source to the cd-input (as in, both knobs don’t function anymore). Interstingly, the background hiss is gone too in that case, which makes me suspect there is something wrong in the volume control or source select circuitry..

All in all it’s been a big headache for me. I still hope to resolve the issues with Cayin, but can’t recommend this amp to anyone at the moment. I will update here when I find out more.

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #145 of 970
I’m in the middle of debugging multiple issues with my HA-1A MK2, which I bought from a fellow head-fier. Although it does sound great - there are too many issues to be able to fully enjoy mine. My unit suffers from transformer hum (possibly caused by rough handling during shipment), a very noticable background hiss (although less present on lower impedance headphones) and the volume/source selection section getting completely bypassed when I connect a line source to the cd-input (as in, both knobs don’t function anymore). Interstingly, the background hiss is gone too in that case, which makes me suspect there is something wrong in the volume control or source select circuitry..

All in all it’s been a big headache for me. I still hope to resolve the issues with Cayin, but can’t recommend this amp to anyone at the moment. I will update here when I find out more.

that really is not ideal, i had high for it being from cayin

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #148 of 970
can i ask from where i can buy this to be shipped internationally

Our dealer network is geographically assigned, they are not suppose to sell beyond their region without our consent. The typical examples are EU dealers are allowed to sell "internationally" to other EU countries that does not have an authorized dealer. So if you can't find a local dealer for Cayin product, PM me your location and I'll arrange this for you, the last resort will be buying through our Aliexpress store.

Please be reminded Cayin offers limited warranty service through local distributor/dealer network. If you buy from unauthorized dealer, you have to send the product back to the seller and ask them to submit the item to us, Cayin will not accept direct mailing from customers for warranty or repair service.

We are not in the process to develop an updated version of HA-1Amk2, I have proposed a minor upgrade version with 4 pin balanced output but that has been rejected.

What headphones will be used or plan to use with the HA-1Amk2?

By the way, I have avoided to comment on subjective issues as much as possible, but that doesn't mean I am not in a conflict of interest position. So please be reminded that I am a sales rep. of Cayin , for that reason, it's natural to take my advice with a grain of salt.

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #149 of 970

I can confirmed that braaam has discussed with me on the transformer hum and background noise issue. He has also informed about the volume/source selection issue but unfortunately that was after we have break for Chinese New Year (11-25 Feb 2018), so the detail has not been reviewed by our Engineer yet, prima facie evidence suggested that the amplifier is damaged because this is the abnormal and first time ever we have "the volume/source selection section getting completely bypassed when he connect a line source to the cd-input".

For the record, braaam is located in Europe and he bought the 120V version HA-1Amk2 second handed from US.

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #150 of 970
Our dealer network is geographically assigned, they are not suppose to sell beyond their region without our consent. The typical examples are EU dealers are allowed to sell "internationally" to other EU countries that does not have an authorized dealer. So if you can't find a local dealer for Cayin product, PM me your location and I'll arrange this for you, the last resort will be buying through our Aliexpress store.

Please be reminded Cayin offers limited warranty service through local distributor/dealer network. If you buy from unauthorized dealer, you have to send the product back to the seller and ask them to submit the item to us, Cayin will not accept direct mailing from customers for warranty or repair service.

We are not in the process to develop an updated version of HA-1Amk2, I have proposed a minor upgrade version with 4 pin balanced output but that has been rejected.

What headphones will be used or plan to use with the HA-1Amk2?

By the way, I have avoided to comment on subjective issues as much as possible, but that doesn't mean I am not in a conflict of interest position. So please be reminded that I am a sales rep. of Cayin , for that reason, it's natural to take my advice with a grain of salt.

Thanks Andy, that is exactly why I wanted to know if its a single unit incident about the hiss. We have a cayin dealer and I am now contemplating which cayin dac and amp I will buy. I know having you on board is always a great asset. Soon I will share my experience with one of your gears, so its decision time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back