NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Jun 27, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #991 of 1,275
I probably shouldn't use that word... It's giving the Ref 1 a bad rap. It doesn't sound veiled compared to any other iem I own, or owned. The P5 just does almost everything the Ref 1 does better. Hopefully Sabre can offer better wording.

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #992 of 1,275

Sabre would you mind sharing? What's your take on the different way that the Ref.1 and P5 portray music? By the by, "Sort of Revolution" LIVE is a great album. The Concertgebouw is such an incredible sounding venue. You really need great gear like the Tralucents to properly dig out the ambient cues. 

To my pair of ears with the JVC tip, ref1. too gives me the feeling that the performers all line up in front of me, with me sitting on the first row, enjoying the performance in front. With the P5, I am sitting in the center, and the performer "seems like" surrounding around me. The head stage is grand and immersive, and it scales very nicely up as you increase your volume. Very addictive and enjoyable. At the moment, my listening is done via the copper stack on high gain. Perhaps other P5 users could also chip in with pairing from other DAPs. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #993 of 1,275
I probably shouldn't use that word... It's giving the Ref 1 a bad rap. It doesn't sound veiled compared to any other iem I own, or owned. The P5 just does almost everything the Ref 1 does better. Hopefully Sabre can offer better wording.

@warrior1975 , I am trying to joke with you earlier... 
deadhorse.gif
. ... dun get me wrong...keke 
wink_face.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #994 of 1,275
To my pair of ears with the JVC tip, ref1. too gives me the feeling that the performers all line up in front of me, with me sitting on the first row, enjoying the performance in front. With the P5, I am sitting in the center, and the performer "seems like" surrounding around me. The head stage is grand and immersive, and it scales very nicely up as you increase your volume. Very addictive and enjoyable. At the moment, my listening is done via the copper stack on high gain. Perhaps other P5 users could also chip in with pairing from other DAPs. :D

+1

P5 transports you to the place where the performance takes place; hall, studio, jazz pub, etc and giving you an engaging experience of the performance, effortlessly...

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #996 of 1,275
@warrior1975
 , I am trying to joke with you earlier... :deadhorse: . ... dun get me wrong...keke :wink_face: :tongue_smile:

Lol. Sorry. I just want to make sure I'm not saying inaccurate things
As I still love my Ref 1 Too very much.

So you like them both but you use more often the Plus5?
You got the Uber too cable also right?
How soft it is? Have you tried laying on the pillow side ways with them,how comfortable are?

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #998 of 1,275
Yes, I use the P5 more right now, trying to get to know it better. I have the uBer cable as well. When I lay down, it's usually on my back.

If only Gavin would organise a review tour in UK so people can actually see,try them before they buy will be so good.Reading Kiats's introduction on then how they pair with the Tera Player sounds awesome,still would like to know more...

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #999 of 1,275
Lol. Sorry. I just want to make sure I'm not saying inaccurate things
As I still love my Ref 1 Too very much.

No worries bro... 
beerchug.gif
...  We are indeed getting our enjoyment out of the Tralucent phones, that is more than words could describe, isn't it ... 
wink.gif

Oh yah... I notice you seem to be posting almost at different hours ... Just wondering, do you sleep a little 
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #1,000 of 1,275
So you like them both but you use more often the Plus5?
You got the Uber too cable also right?
How soft it is? Have you tried laying on the pillow side ways with them,how comfortable are?

Yap, its my daily iem with the uber too cable. Despite that, I do rotation with the other Tralucent phones too.
For the cable, it is very usable as I do a lot of walking and change train during my daily commute to and fro from work. 
Softness wise, I wouldn't know how to describe it, but it coils nicely when I keep it after use.
Also, when I lay in bed, I would tend to fall asleep and hence, I would prefer using the phones on my cozy couch than on bed though... 
wink_face.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,001 of 1,275
No worries bro... :beerchug: ...  We are indeed getting our enjoyment out of the Tralucent phones, that is more than words could describe, isn't it ... :wink:
Oh yah... I notice you seem to be posting almost at different hours ... Just wondering, do you sleep a little :D

Sleep? What's that? I'll do. It when I die...in reality I have tremendous difficulty sleeping. It's bad. Prime example, yesterday, nothing to do, I wake up early, can't sleep. Today, wake up, look at the damn clock and curse because I'm still tired and could fall back asleep, except I have to go to work.

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #1,002 of 1,275

Satisfying end to an evening...

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,003 of 1,275
Sleep? What's that? I'll do. It when I die...in reality I have tremendous difficulty sleeping. It's bad. Prime example, yesterday, nothing to do, I wake up early, can't sleep. Today, wake up, look at the damn clock and curse because I'm still tired and could fall back asleep, except I have to go to work.

@warrior1975  here is a simple technique to fall asleep in 5 minutes, when u go to sleep try listening to an audiobook and time it tp play an hour with a cheap ear bud

you will fall asleep in 10 minutes max 

try it tonight but dont use ur expensive iems as its gonna fall out when u sleep

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #1,004 of 1,275
I'll try it.

God do I hate Mondays sometimes. My employees are driving me insane today. One shows up half drunk. Another is broke and is bothering me to advance her money to pay her cell bill (her phone is off), and my business partner is a lazy turd. Not to mention, he is so damn loud, I hear his raspy, annoying voice through my IEMS. Oh, and I'm sick to top it off.

On a good note, found my Headstage. Helps the bass of the P5... Bye bye Ref 1. :wink:

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #1,005 of 1,275

Let me try: I tend to use the word "atmospheric" to describe the sonic effect of the slower bass decay. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back